Any Info on Vallarta Palace?

Hey peeps! Does anyone have any information about the Vallarta Palace, in terms of reviews of their stay there and any possible pictures? My FI and I have found tons of info regarding the Moon Palace, but we're also considering the Vallarta Palace and have not been as successful in finding more info on it than what is posted on the site. So, if anyone could help us, that would be great!

~ Kemi

• 4 weeks later...

Vallarta Palace was my first option to get married and is a really nice hotel, but we changed our minds basically due the hour we had to end our reception, being used to mexican weddings ending after 3 or 4 am in the morning, the 11pm didnt sound appropiate of what we were looking for, have you received pics from the WC there? I remember asking and they sent a few..

• 3 weeks later...

We are getting married there next May. I have had a few issues communicating with the main office in Miami that handles all the Palace Resort weddings... our WC in the Miami office seems to be out of the office a lot, and there's never a message on her voice mail indicating the time period she'll be unavailable. This has made getting some questions answered difficult, and caused a minor panic this week on my end, when she was gone the same time our date-commitment wedding contract was due. No one could find the documents I had faxed, and it took talking to three different people to get the issue resolved. I have been told our date is still held, though our WC is out of the office for a week and can't confirm that in writing until she returns. I'll hold off on flipping my wig until I can talk to my original WC and get some kind of confirmation in writing next week. This seems to be an issue with the Miami office, and has nothing to do with Vallarta Palace itself... I think this issue would have been the same no matter which Palace Resort we'd selected.

Why did we choose Vallarta Palace over the others? From what I can tell, the Vallarta Palace resort gets better reviews on other travel sites, (like Trip Advisor and Expedia,) and AAA gives it a higher diamond ranking than it does Moon Palace and some of the other Palce Resorts. Trip Advisor has it ranked as the #2 resort in the Nuevo Vallarta area, and I have had friends who have traveled there say it is a beautiful resort with a lovely beach. We also went with Vallarta Palace because there was more availabilty earlier in 2009, with many Saturday evening options still available. We also liked the fact that it rarely gets impacted by hurricanes, though they do have a "rainy season" from June to November. We looked at the fact that many of the gulf-side resorts must rebuild their beaches due to hurricane erosion. I was also worried that if the gulf side of Mexico got hit by a hurricane this season, we may have some remodeling and damage issues lingering in May of 2009 for our ceremony.

I spent a lot of time reviewing various options in Cancun, Cozumel, the Dominican Republic, Jamaica and Florida. This seemed to be an affordable option for an AI that has received consistent reviews. There's actually a beach there, which is not always the case at many of the gulf-side resorts. They can also accommodate larger wedding parties, so if we end up with more than 40 guests, we would still be able to have the ceremony on the beach.

I hope this helps. I'd be happy to answer any other questions you have, if you want to send me a private message. I'm just getting started on the planning, and as soon as my WC gets back from vacation, I really hope to get the ball rolling. Good luck on your selection process!

I'm excited to hear there are others getting married there. I haven't come across anyone else on this forum that is getting married there. Like you, we have never been there but based on the reviews on TripAdvisor and other sites decided to go with it. Are you working with Lorena?

I'm so relieved to hear of others getting married there too! The person I've been working with so far is Natalie. She's very nice, but just a little too hard to reach at times. I'm trying to just roll with it, and I think it'll all work out just fine.

I just had an appointment with my stylist, who spends time each year in Puerto Vallarta. He's never stayed at the resort, (they prefer smaller, more intimate places to stay,) but he said the resort is very pretty and it sits on a non-crowded stretch of beach. He also said it's only a short trip into town, if you want to experience more of the local flavor. He's supposed to share all the local places to visit, with some off-property shopping and restaurant suggestions. I'll share them with everyone once I have them. He also told me all about the "Love Bridge" that Richard Burton built for Elizabeth Taylor in Puerto Vallarta, and that we should go see it if time permits. Sounds fun!

Our group is staying at Vallarta Palace when we go down to PV next April for our wedding at Las Caletas! We initially were going to get married there as well but then I absolutely fell in love with Las Caletas (that is a whole different story wink.gif ) BUT we are still going to stay at Palace.

We have never been to PV let alone stayed at Vallarta Palace but we did go to Cancun last year for vacation and stayed at Cancun Palace and LOVED it. From what I hear the Palace resorts (because they are a chain) are very similar. We are going to have a private welcome dinner there the night before our ceremony at Las Caletas and actually are in the midst of getting our group rates locked in.

I have seen some pics of other who have vacationed there and it looks AMAZING! (actually very similar to the hotel in Cancun)

I am glad to see there are now some other Vallarta Palace brides on here! Earlier this year when we had thought we decided on Palace, I think I was the only one on here!

I am so glad to see other brides are getting married here. I was a little nervous when i didnt see anyone on this site had chosen the Vallarta Palace we will have to keep each other updated. I also had a little trouble with the WC at the Miami office, but we locked in for 8/8/09 at 5pm. I know it is the rainy season, but it worked the best with our scheduels.

Hey I have a question for everyone...where are you guys going to have your receptions/private functions? Is there an option to have that outside? we are planning on having a welcome dinner the night before our wedding...i was just wondering if anyone knows what the options are for locations on that type of stuff