Photo

Dermatology appointment...

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 TammyB

TammyB
  • 10,630 posts

Posted 20 February 2007 - 06:49 PM

Ok so I made my dermatology appointment I have old acne scares I'm hoping they can take care of.. Also do you think they can help me with hives? I break out in hives anytime I'm either super hungy, nervious or whatever.. I don't want to be all red and blotchie on my wedding day?? Any pointers you can give me on what to expect?

#2 Sarah

Sarah

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 6,996 posts

Posted 20 February 2007 - 06:51 PM

They're not going to be able to help with your hives since that's a histamine reaction to stress, allergens, etc. You could try to head it off by taking some prophylactic Benadryl before you think you're going to start feeling nervous...it's histamine blocker. Or you could talk to your doctor and they might be able to prescribe something a little more heavy-duty.

#3 TammyB

TammyB
      • 10,630 posts

Posted 20 February 2007 - 06:56 PM

But will they be able to help me with my old scars? I hate my skin right now, I'm so pale that when I break out you can see where it was.. UGH.. this alone is stressing me out, I don't want my wedding pictures to turn out bad from hives and bad skin.. Maybe I'll just tell Juan to do alot of pictures of my back..

#4 Sarah

Sarah

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 6,996 posts

Posted 20 February 2007 - 07:01 PM

ROFLMAO

Tammy, you will not believe what photographers can do with a little photoshop! In my b-pics, I had about a 4 inch diameter black bruise on one knee and the hugest zit ever on my chin. Seriously, I think it was all the breakouts I haven't been having that saved up into one and decided to torture me on the one day I'm trying to be my sexiest ever...Leigh got rid of all of that, as you can see in the pics.

I've been doing peels and microderm abrasions and have noticed great improvement in my skin. They'll talk to you about what you want, what timeframe you have and develop a plan. Relax....deep breaths.....it will be ok, you are gorgeous anyway and between the Derm Doc, your relaxing and Juan's amazing work you will look smokin'!

#5 TammyB

TammyB
          • 10,630 posts

Posted 20 February 2007 - 07:08 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by AQHARIDER
            They'll talk to you about what you want, what timeframe you have and develop a plan. Relax....deep breaths.....it will be ok, you are gorgeous anyway and between the Derm Doc, your relaxing and Juan's amazing work you will look smokin'!
            Can I get that in writing.. Why I'm I so nervious about going to a dermatologist OMG seriously what is wrong with me.. lol

#6 Nrvsbride

Nrvsbride
            • 5,248 posts

Posted 20 February 2007 - 07:17 PM

Maybe they can prescribe you a xanax so that you can relax and this way you won't have anxiety and you won't break out in hives. Although xanax makes some people groggy and sleeping. Don't worry you will be fine.

#7 Adamsgrrl

Adamsgrrl
              • 466 posts

Posted 21 February 2007 - 01:30 PM

I feel your pain.... I also have scars I want to get rid of, but, I'm holding off until the summer to do it. Have you ever thought of going to a Cosmetic Surgen?? I go to one that does injections, lasers, etc... and it seems to help. I wouldn't worry about it, the sooner you do it, the better you will feel. So hang in there, and just remember it may look bad during the treatment, but it will get better.

#8 TammyB

TammyB
                • 10,630 posts

Posted 21 February 2007 - 01:32 PM

ROFL after seeing those B-pics from Leigh I may have to see a cosmetic surgeon.. lol

#9 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
                  • 11,659 posts
                  • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 21 February 2007 - 02:07 PM

i did microderm, obagi, and laser in conjuction and it got rid of all my old acne scars...

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
                  Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
                  Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
                  Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
                  sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
                  Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#10 TammyB

TammyB
                  • 10,630 posts

Posted 21 February 2007 - 03:02 PM

Tammy, how long or how many appointments did it take for you to get ride of all your old scars?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users