Photo

jekyll island club

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 gabride

gabride
  • 11 posts

Posted 17 July 2008 - 10:51 PM

Has anyone gotten married at the Jekyll Club on Jekyll island? Were you happy with the results for what you paid?

#2 Dbld78

Dbld78
    • Banned
    • 665 posts

Posted 22 July 2008 - 11:19 PM

I don't know of anyone who's been married there but I was able to find a few weddings shot there.... I hope this helps.

Real Weddings - Courtney & Mark: An Outdoor Wedding in Jekyll Island, GA
      Real Weddings - Erica & Chris: A Casual Wedding in Jekyll Island, GA

Is it expensive? I planning a wedding in Charleston and it's half the price of wedding at home...

Have you looked into some vendors yet?

#3 meghan1177

meghan1177
      • 73 posts

Posted 23 July 2008 - 08:36 AM

I have a colleague who got married there and loved it -- but money was certainly never an issue for him and his wife.

I'm getting married on the beach behind the Jekyll Island Convention Center and then having the reception in the Convention Center. It is much more affordable -- and fits better in my budget.

Good luck!

#4 gabride

gabride
        • 11 posts

Posted 25 July 2008 - 04:02 PM

Thanks, I will look into the convention center because I am on a budget and the Jekyll Club is expensive. I have never been to Georgia at all so didn't really know about anywhere else on the island.

#5 ilovepunch

ilovepunch
          • 49 posts

Posted 13 August 2008 - 07:10 PM

We thought about it, but Tybee Island is closer. Now I'm looking for info there.

#6 BakersGirl

BakersGirl
            • 324 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 01:10 AM

I used to live on St. Simons and Jekyll was only a few minutes away. I did attend a wedding at the island club and numerous events at the convention center. I really liked the island club. We went there for Brunch on Sundays occasionally. But St Simons is great too!
              :
              Kelly & Michael
              May 2, 2010
              http://www.weddingco.../o102zbhsyi.png

#7 Fabuluxe

Fabuluxe
              • 1 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 09:55 PM

Also,

If you want something a bit more intimate, try the Clarion-- they have a private beach area for both ceremonies and receptions.

#8 Susanandmo

Susanandmo
                • 698 posts

Posted 10 January 2009 - 12:24 AM

Hi!

My cousin got married there and I can tell you that it was very beautiful, but very expensive... The only thing that I didn't like as a guest was that we were really rushed to finish up the reception, since it was a mid afternoon event.... granted I'm not sure what arrangements were made prior... Most likely they had to set up for another event.

Also, most of the guest including myself really like to party and there wasn't much of a nightlife there...if I remember correctly we ended up driving to Savannah

#9 jillhiggins

jillhiggins
                  • Banned
                  • 386 posts

Posted 12 January 2009 - 08:58 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Susanandmo
                    Hi!

My cousin got married there and I can tell you that it was very beautiful, but very expensive... The only thing that I didn't like as a guest was that we were really rushed to finish up the reception, since it was a mid afternoon event.... granted I'm not sure what arrangements were made prior... Most likely they had to set up for another event.

Also, most of the guest including myself really like to party and there wasn't much of a nightlife there...if I remember correctly we ended up driving to Savannah
                    There is much more nightlife on St. Simons.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users