Sign in to follow this  
gabride

jekyll island club

I don't know of anyone who's been married there but I was able to find a few weddings shot there.... I hope this helps.

Real Weddings - Courtney & Mark: An Outdoor Wedding in Jekyll Island, GA

Real Weddings - Erica & Chris: A Casual Wedding in Jekyll Island, GA

Is it expensive? I planning a wedding in Charleston and it's half the price of wedding at home...

Have you looked into some vendors yet?

I have a colleague who got married there and loved it -- but money was certainly never an issue for him and his wife.

I'm getting married on the beach behind the Jekyll Island Convention Center and then having the reception in the Convention Center. It is much more affordable -- and fits better in my budget.

Good luck!

Thanks, I will look into the convention center because I am on a budget and the Jekyll Club is expensive. I have never been to Georgia at all so didn't really know about anywhere else on the island.

I used to live on St. Simons and Jekyll was only a few minutes away. I did attend a wedding at the island club and numerous events at the convention center. I really liked the island club. We went there for Brunch on Sundays occasionally. But St Simons is great too!

Hi!

My cousin got married there and I can tell you that it was very beautiful, but very expensive... The only thing that I didn't like as a guest was that we were really rushed to finish up the reception, since it was a mid afternoon event.... granted I'm not sure what arrangements were made prior... Most likely they had to set up for another event.

Also, most of the guest including myself really like to party and there wasn't much of a nightlife there...if I remember correctly we ended up driving to Savannahfriday.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susanandmo View Post
Hi!

My cousin got married there and I can tell you that it was very beautiful, but very expensive... The only thing that I didn't like as a guest was that we were really rushed to finish up the reception, since it was a mid afternoon event.... granted I'm not sure what arrangements were made prior... Most likely they had to set up for another event.

Also, most of the guest including myself really like to party and there wasn't much of a nightlife there...if I remember correctly we ended up driving to Savannahfriday.gif
There is much more nightlife on St. Simons.