RIU Montego Bay in Sept (weather ?)

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 lgarner83

lgarner83
  • 530 posts

Posted 17 July 2008 - 08:50 PM

Hi There!

I'm a newbie and I tried to post this earlier but it didn't work and so if it's a double post, i'm sorry!!!

Now for my question :)
    My fiance and I have sent in our request for the new RIU Montego Bay for Sept 24th, 2009. We, of course, realize that it is the rainy season and we had originally requested a 4pm ceremony but after doing some more research it seems as if it rains in the late afternoon at that time of year and so we're thinking of requesting the 10am time slot. Does anyone know from experience how true this is? Should we move it to the earlier time?

Thanks in advance!

Lisa

#2 mswenna74@yahoo.com

mswenna74@yahoo.com
    • 94 posts

Posted 17 July 2008 - 08:57 PM

You may want to to be on the safe side, or prepare to have some lovely umbrellas close by, lol
      SeaofLove.Wedquarters.com

#3 Lilpaisley

Lilpaisley
      • 402 posts

Posted 17 July 2008 - 09:50 PM

I have been to Jamaica in Sept. It did rain a little while we were there...and if I remember correctly it was later in the afternoon. The rains were usually fairly short and warm.

I've also been told that pictures are better earlier in the day if you want pics of the bright blue water. Seems that as the day goes on the ocean gets darker....so if you want that wonderful Carribean blue ocean background, it's better to have it a little earlier.

Also, welcome from antother RMB bride. Our wedding is at Noon on Feb 28, 2009.
        Riu Montego Bay, Jamaica - Feb 28, 2009
        http://ticker.7910.o....2EgaXMgaW4.gif

#4 lgarner83

lgarner83
        • 530 posts

Posted 18 July 2008 - 01:02 PM

Yes i saw earlier that you were a RMB bride!! Thanks for the welcome, I don't think there are very many of us yet with the resort being so new! You'll have to tell me all about it!

#5 excited J

excited J
          • 9 posts

Posted 07 August 2008 - 05:31 PM

Hello,

I just booked Riu Montego Bay! My wedding is Sept 20th at noon. I figured if it rains at least I still have the rest of the afternoon to wait it out.

We will be at the resort at the same time give or take. We're going from the 17th - 27th. You?

Have you heard from the wedding planner yet?

Does any one know what's the latest documents can be sent in to Jamaica for processing?

#6 Lilpaisley

Lilpaisley
            • 402 posts

Posted 07 August 2008 - 07:44 PM

Yeah! another RMB bride!

Until the resort opens next month, they don't have a wedding planner. You can try e-mailing weddings05@riu.com

Here is the paperwork info I got for Jamaica from Riu. It is the 2008 stuff, so it doesn't have RMB listed yet.:
              Jamaica:
              Notarized copies of Birth Certificate
              Notarized copies of Passports or driver’s license
              Notarized copies of divorce papers (if applicable)
              Notarized copies of death certificate (if applicable)
              Notorized Documents stating name changes (if applicable)
              Notarized, written parental consents (if under 21 years of age)

Renewal of vows in Jamaica:
              These ceremonies are a blessing. However, in Jamaica, you need to send us a photocopy of the Marriage Certificate.

*All documents have to be notarized and presented in English 30 days prior to the ceremony.

If your wedding is performed at the RIU Tropical Bay, please send the documents to the following address:

* Riu Tropical Bay
              Norman Manley Blvd
              Negril, Hanover
              Jamaica W.I.

In attention to Keneika Rowe, the on- site wedding coordinator.

If your wedding is performed at the RIU Ocho Rios, please send the documents to the following address:

* RIU Ocho Rios
              Mammee Bay P.O.
              Ocho Rios
              St. Ann
              JAMAICA

In attention to Chandlyn Edwards, the on-site wedding coordinator.

If your wedding is performed at the RIU Negril, please send the documents to the following address:

* RIU Negril
              Norman Manley Boulevard
              Bloody Bay Negril
              JAMAICA

In attention to Dionne Arthurs, the on-site wedding coordinator.

Hope this helps. Let me know if there is anything else.
              Riu Montego Bay, Jamaica - Feb 28, 2009
              http://ticker.7910.o....2EgaXMgaW4.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users