Sign in to follow this  
Maura

ATTN: Riviera Maya brides, IMPORTANT info from your MODS

I spoke with the booking hotline and they said they had no knowledge of the resort closing or being under investigation. Finger's crossed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by can't wait! View Post
We had a thread about this last week. I spoke with Sandra at DT and she assured me they are not at risk. The only thing the govt asked them to do was relocate a volleyball net/court (not sure why). The resorts shut down are very small, have bungalows as rooms and apparently were too close to the ruins. For those of us who have been to DT....we know the resort isn't too near the archaelogical site. In fact, you can't even see it from their grounds.

No need to worry.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MelanieS View Post
Excellent info, Maura. This is why BDW is such a great forum - it keeps the brides informed of everything, good or bad.
The reason why the mods decided to post about this is that we had a spammer scaring some girls saying that DT was possibly going to be part of the hotel closures. In fact, as far as they know right now, DT is NOT going to be a part of it. And yes, for those of you who have been to DT you know that the resort isnt too near the archaeological site or are even able to see it from their grounds. That is not the issue. It isn't JUST the archaeological site. It also encompasses other land nearby that is government owned that is being encroached upon by a few properties. I am sure that not every single DT bride has ever been to DT before their wedding, and thus would not know the proximity to any government owned land.

Dreams Tulum is not affected by the hotel closures or investigation as of today.

The whole reason we put this out there was to dispell any rumors floating around that the spammer started. We have been aware of the issues with the hotel closures going on down there since late last week, but only decided to post something because of the person relaying false information to all of you. We wanted you all to have the most correct information possible. If you do see anyone posting information that seems incorrect, please let a moderator know so we can look into it.

Thanks!

Thank you for the information. I had no idea. Ironically enough my fiance and I just booked Mezzanine for 3 days after our wedding (in Dec). F*$K. Hopefully this all works out. As long as Dreams Tulum isn't effected, I'll survive if the mezzanine is closed. SO CRAZY THOUGH!

Thanks Mod Squad! (hee)

I've been wondering the status of things, too. Good to know we're all keeping an eye on it!

yes - because i wanted the opportunity to post all the correct info in one thread and then direct DT brides to it rather than having everyone see it in the DT thread and going psycho wink.gif

Thank you Maura.

This is so intense for those of us planning our upcoming weddings in Tulum.

Would you consider making this thread into a sticky? I want to monitor this very carefully.

Thanks!