Donation as wedding favor

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#21 JaimeLynne

• VIP Member
  • 4,791 posts

Posted 17 September 2007 - 10:12 PM

That is a wonderful idea - it made me tear up reading this thread. How thoughtful.

~ Jaime & Martin ~
    "Rain or Swine! 2-0-0-9"

We had 24 people attend our wedding in Las Caletas, Mexico on May 24th, 2009!

We all stayed at The Marriott in P.V., and Honeymooned at The Royal Plantation in Ochos Rios, Jamaica!

#22 ncainey

• 159 posts

Posted 17 September 2007 - 11:06 PM

We are also giving a donation to the American Cancer Society because cancer has affected both of our lives. I am going to get some pretty cardstock and DIY these. I am thinking about writing something like, "In lieu of a traditional wedding favor, a donation has been made to The American Cancer Society in honor of our loved ones who are here with us in spirit on this joyous occasion." I am thinking of putting a picture of those loved ones who have passed away on the bottom of it to honor them. I know it's a bit sad but it's also very meaningful. I went on justgive.org and they had every organization you could possibly want. They do print cards for you if you want but I am going to make my own and tuck them into the napkin at each place setting.

#23 diana2008

• 42 posts

Posted 19 September 2007 - 08:46 PM

We are doing this, too. We're doing one lump sum donation based on the # of guests, and then making cards that say something like, "In Lieu of Favors, a donation has been made to the Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation in your honor." We're expecting ~130 guests, so individual donations would be difficult. We'll probably just make our own little white cards, maybe glue a small pink ribbon to them, etc.
        Diana & Robert
        July 5, 2008
        Cabo Surf Hotel

#24 dragonfly

• 1,820 posts

Posted 20 September 2007 - 01:14 AM

Originally Posted by Susan101207
          Both my aunt and FI's father passed away after battling cancer. In lieu of wedding favors we have made a wedding donation to the LiveStrong campaign.
          Lance Armstrong Foundation: Home
          In addition to the placecards we will receive, we also bought LiveStrong bands for our 100 guests.
          We are going to attach the bands to the cards, but are debating whether to set them at the dinner tables at the reception or include them with the OOT stuff.
          What do you think?
          I put the wrist bands on the chairs at the ceremony, this way it made everyone pause and think of my dad for a moment. It made me feel as though the presence of my dad was with us.

Also I would do a lump sum, it is much easier for the organization you are donating to, no one will ever know the difference.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users