Photo

Mosquito Beach Hotel, Playa del Carmen brides?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 heathernandmike

heathernandmike
  • 15 posts

Posted 17 July 2008 - 11:48 AM

We're planning our (small) ceremony and reception to be held at Mosquito Beach Hotel on the beach near downtown Playa del Carmen. I'm wondering if anyone else is having or has had their wedding there? It is a small, modern boutique resort. I stayed there last year when I was in town for business (I'm a wedding photographer who shoots destinations) and I fell in love with it. Would love to hear from some other brides...having some trouble getting in touch with the restaurant/wedding coordinator. Thanks!

Heather Mabry

#2 lm3682

lm3682
    • 40 posts

Posted 19 July 2008 - 08:37 PM

Also interested - Heather, plase let me know if you hear anything and I'll do the same

#3 lm3682

lm3682
      • 40 posts

Posted 19 July 2008 - 08:37 PM

Also interested - Heather, please let me know if you hear anything and I'll do the same

#4 lm3682

lm3682
        • 40 posts

Posted 20 July 2008 - 12:30 PM

Heather - I just got a note from the WC at Maramao, which is the restaurant at Mosquito Blue. I've attached the menus and pricing here. Sit down menus are priced from ~$30-$60 per person. Open bar is $35-$55 per person for 2.5 hours.
          I don't think it'll work for us, but might for you. It looks great. We just might be pushing the capacity limit (of 80). Happy planning!

Attached Files

#5 heathernandmike

heathernandmike
          • 15 posts

Posted 21 July 2008 - 08:54 AM

Hi lm3682,

Can you let me know what email address you used to contact them? I've tried several from their website, and the emails bounced back to me...

Thanks so much for that list!

Heather

#6 lm3682

lm3682
            • 40 posts

Posted 21 July 2008 - 08:06 PM

She got back to me pretty quickly with this email: sales@mosquitoblue.com

Her name is Mercedes Miatello

#7 heathernandmike

heathernandmike
              • 15 posts

Posted 22 July 2008 - 09:28 AM

Thanks!

Have you researched any other intimate, non all inclusive locations that you would recommend? I'm leaving tomorrow (hopefully!) for a trip there and may look into a few more places in PDC or Tulum...

#8 skbabin

skbabin
                • 8 posts

Posted 22 July 2008 - 09:39 PM

We had our reception there in May. We used WCs separate from the restaurant (caribbeanblueweddings.com). The food was pretty good, there were mixed reviews on some dishes. We paid the bar at the end of the night. The bar doesn't have a good beer selection. The setting was great right on the beach, and the place itself was nice. The dance floor was wooden slats making it difficult for girls with high heels on to dance, we all had to take our shoes off. The location is perfect though, after the reception you can go anywhere in town just walking distance away.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users