Photo

Photographer Payment

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Ali0624

Ali0624
  • 72 posts

Posted 20 February 2007 - 03:59 PM

I have a question about deposits with the photographer specifically. How did you make your deposit: check, cash, other? Our photographer suggested making the deposit in cash, but I wanted to check if this is common. Thanks!Click the image to open in full size.
    Ali

#2 Nrvsbride

Nrvsbride
    • 5,248 posts

Posted 20 February 2007 - 04:01 PM

Ali I paid my photog via paypal. That was the only form of payment that he accepted. I don't feel comfortable giving cash. How will you get a receipt? Will he send you an e-mail confirmation stating that you paid? I would just make sure that he gives me something stating that I paid a deposit.

-Glenda

#3 Christine

Christine
      • VIP Member
      • 21,514 posts
      • Wedding Date:July 20, 2007
      • Wedding Location:Napa, California
      • LocationReno, NV

Posted 20 February 2007 - 04:04 PM

I sent mine a check...I would not feel comfortable with cash unless I was actually there and could get a receipt
      Christine + Will (married 7/20/07) + Ainsleigh (born 6/25/08) + Nolan (born 11/9/10) + Delaney (born 12/31/13) = One Very Happy Family!

#4 jillhiggins

jillhiggins
      • Banned
      • 386 posts

Posted 20 February 2007 - 04:07 PM

Maybe this photographer has specific reasons, but asking for cash sounds very sketchy to me.

I accept checks and credit card payments.

#5 leigh miller

leigh miller
        • 936 posts

Posted 20 February 2007 - 04:08 PM

hi ali - all of my clients pay their retainers with check, cashiers check or cc. ive never had anyone pay with cash, but ive never asked. i have my ideas as to why someone would want cash but of course i dont have all the info - may just be cause it goes in as available money right away in their bank account, who knows. maybe theyve had some bad luck with retainer checks bouncing. thats never fun!

i would feel comfortable paying in cash but just make sure you get a receipt the moment you hand the cash to them - in person. this is with anyone, ever. i got ripped off once by my daycare. handed the gal cash and she later claimed i never gave it to her. hope she and her hubby had a nice dinner and a movie on me

hth. congrats on getting that big thing checked off your list!!!

#6 *JillD*

*JillD*
          • 5,112 posts

Posted 20 February 2007 - 04:11 PM

I paid mine via paypal as well

#7 A10CalGal

A10CalGal
            • VIP Member
            • 11,403 posts

Posted 20 February 2007 - 04:12 PM

I made my deposit via paypal. How would you even do cash? Do you mean like a wire transfer?? I would do something that is traceable that will generate a receipt.

#8 lambert13

lambert13
              • 901 posts

Posted 20 February 2007 - 04:16 PM

I used Paypal as well. Its probably a good idea to ask them if they will accept another form of payment and suggest something like Paypal.

With the way the postal service runs in Mexico, the chance of an envelope with cash in it actually getting to them anyway is pretty slim.

#9 Ali0624

Ali0624
                • 72 posts

Posted 20 February 2007 - 04:21 PM

We are meeting the photgrapher in person. It is someone who is reputable according to this forum. He gave a few options for paying including by check, but said he prefers cash. I just wanted to see if anyone else had ever paid like this before. We will probably pay by check. Thanks ladies.Click the image to open in full size.
                  Ali

#10 Nrvsbride

Nrvsbride
                  • 5,248 posts

Posted 20 February 2007 - 04:26 PM

Is it Juan? B/c if it's Juan then I would say okay. I am using Juan and he let me pay through paypal. But if I met with him in person I would have no problem giving him cash. If it's him then I'm sure he will give you a receipt if you ask.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users