Sign in to follow this  
BarefootBride

Bad News!!! My vendors weren't paid

OMG... I am so sorry you are going through this right now... WHAT A**H***!!!! How could they do that to you.... Should'nt the travel agent try and help you find where this money has gonehuh.gif Well I hope everything turns out well in the end... Keep us posted...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristy! View Post
First of all, I'm so sorry. That just sucks. Hopefully this will make you feel better...I used to work in customer service at a bank. The way we handled our debit card disputes was that you would fill out a form for each charge you were disputing (hi-lighting your bank statement makes this much easier). I would then take the forms from you and give it to our back offices. You would have all of the money deposited back in your account within 24 hours. The bank then researches the disputes with Visa to make sure they are legitimate. If it turns out you were lying, the bank would then take the money they deposited into your account back. If it was legitimate, the money remains in your account and the bank gets reimbursed from Visa. I hope that makes sense. I think I only saw one person have the money taken back out of their account in the 2 1/2 years I worked there, so no worries. Oh, and we were a small bank, so I'd be shocked if most banks do not use these procedures. Good luck!

This is for sure so GOOD news.... I hope its going to be that easy !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoontobeMrsE View Post
This is so reassuring to know - I hope it all works out. What freakin cowards to not even return calls! That is BS! How do they sleep at night knowing they are ripping people off wtf.gif!!!
KRISTY! THanks so much for giving me the low down. I will let FI know. His bank told him that it would take 4 business days for the dispute once he submits the forms. Mrs.E I have no idea how someone can do this. I found the agent and owner on Facebook... I so wanted to send them a message but think I should hold off on the harassment and threats!
NEVER EVER use EXOTIC ESCAPES eevacations.com Ever!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrieBride08 View Post
Wait, did you use destinationweddings.com as your travel agent? For some reason, I vaguely remember this... If so, I hope they are going above and beyond to make this right and help you get your money back!
Yes DW is the person who choose this wholeseller agent.... I am EXTREMELY upset that my person didnt know until this week. I think that DW agents should try to check behind the wholesalers they are working with especially when dealing with large amounts of money. Ladies, this is not a 200 dollar a night resort... its like 900 a night... so can you imagine how much we have lost?? Now times that by 2 because now we have to pay it again to keep our reservations!!!
I was really okay with Nancy and understand that she has used this company before so she had no idea. But seriously, who has money to throw away like that?

Oh no, that is terrible. I really hope everything works out for you. Ugh, I can't believe companies out there would do that to someone.

**hugs**

And hmmm... I'm using DW as well as my travel agent... I'll have to find out what company they are using...