Photo

Bad News!!! My vendors weren't paid

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 BarefootBride

BarefootBride
  • 1,266 posts

Posted 16 July 2008 - 09:34 PM

Hi Ladies! Got SUPER BAD NEWS ON MY UPCOMING WEDDING... upcoming like in freakin 12 days,
    my poor wedding travel lady calls me and tells me that the booking agent - exotic escapes , has taken all of my money and NOT paid any of the vendors... meaning... my reservations were about to be canceled!!!!

So she found another company, Legends who would do it for me at the same price. HOWEVER I would have to dispute the charges and somehow have the funds held and then recharge the payment to the new company... SERIOUSLY

First of all, the credit card is a debit card with a visa logo... there is nothing to hold. Exotic Escapes has our Fckin money!!! Its not credit!!!!!! Anyhow, I just called the hotel directly and asked them to quote me the price and do you know what? Its almost 1k usd CHEAPER So I told the lady to book it under my name with NO travel agent associated and we will have to use our credit card for the time being, I am so hoping I can get my interest rate back once we go through the disputing and contacting our travel insurance!!! I cant believe this!!!! I never thought I would be "That Bride" that gets screwed!!!! What did I do to deserve this

#2 1elephant

1elephant
    • VIP Member
    • 15,998 posts

Posted 16 July 2008 - 09:37 PM

wow that sucks...i'm glad you are able to keep your reservations tho...
      after my incident w/ the dry cleaners, i contested the charges even tho they were on my debit card. call your bank rather than visa and contest it immediately.

#3 Alyssa

Alyssa
      • 11,793 posts

Posted 16 July 2008 - 09:43 PM

that is just what you DON'T need today!! WTF!?!

OK - call the bank ASAP and start the dispute - is this just your stuff or your guests too?

jeez! do you have a direct representative at that company you can talk to ?

#4 BarefootBride

BarefootBride
        • 1,266 posts

Posted 16 July 2008 - 09:44 PM

Thanks Lauren... can you imagine... found out im pregnant AND then this all within hours from each other!!!!? WTH? I think I am going to bed so nothing else wont happen!
          btw, do you think the travel insurance agency will get me my interest back?

#5 1elephant

1elephant
          • VIP Member
          • 15,998 posts

Posted 16 July 2008 - 09:47 PM

i would assume if you contest the charges, you should get back every single penny... have the TA call your bank and make the booking agent pay any fees, or give the bank your TA's #

#6 BarefootBride

BarefootBride
            • 1,266 posts

Quote:
              Originally Posted by Alyssa
              that is just what you DON'T need today!! WTF!?!

OK - call the bank ASAP and start the dispute - is this just your stuff or your guests too?

jeez! do you have a direct representative at that company you can talk to ?
              I just contacted FI and told him to stop by the bank today to start the dispute. Oh yeah, AND my 2 guest (THANK GOD ITS ONLY 2) is going through the same thing. Its almost 3am here, I better get to bed. I have class tomorrow.
              The people who ripped me off, wont answer!!!!! I just sent an email. We shall see. I am livid. (yet still calm) thanks ladies for ALL of your support!

#7 Alyssa

Alyssa
              • 11,793 posts

wait a minute - you used a travel agency!?!

Why aren't THEY taking responsibility and fighting on your behalf? why did they have you put your money with a vendor that couldn't be trusted and wasn't reputable?

#8 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                • 18,759 posts

Posted 16 July 2008 - 09:58 PM

I am SO SORRY you are dealing with this!

I had a travel issue before my wedding. Nothing near as drastic. I finally decided that maybe I'd be out some money but no amount of money is worth letting the stress ruin such a happy time. In the end it was all resolved by the time I got back & we even got more money back.

Congrats on the pregnancy! This is such a wonderful time in your life. I hope shady vendors don't overshadow your joy.

Let us know if there is anything we can do to help you fix this.

#9 Dez921714

Dez921714
                  • 1,489 posts

Posted 16 July 2008 - 10:07 PM

Oh my! I'm so sorry sweety!!!

I don't have any suggestions that haven't been mentioned already. Being as your debit card has a visa logo, you should be ok.

Hang in there, things can only get better!!!
                    http://ticker.7910.o....25vdCBpbiA.gif27 Confirmed with Plane Tickets...5 with rooms booked!

150 INVITES / 6 YES / 13 NO

#10 LadyP

LadyP
                    • 3,156 posts

Posted 16 July 2008 - 10:58 PM

I am so sorry that you are going through this now. All will work itself out

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users