Photo

Is it bad luck to tell anyone that youre pregnant....

• Please log in to reply
71 replies to this topic

#11 LadyP

LadyP
  • 3,156 posts

Posted 16 July 2008 - 06:41 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Hartyt509
    That is great news but christ I hope it isn't catching lmao
    I 2nd that. I refuse to have another one have you seen the head on the one I have? lol

We are waiting for the confirmation. Yes or no

#12 LisaG

LisaG
    • VIP Member
    • 7,839 posts

Posted 16 July 2008 - 06:42 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by BarefootBride
      I think that could be the bad luck part.... miscarriage... But what does that KWIM mean?
      KWIM = know what I mean.

#13 Maura

Maura

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 5,752 posts
      • Wedding Location:Westin Los Cabos

Posted 16 July 2008 - 06:42 PM

Quote:
      I think that could be the bad luck part.... miscarriage... But what does that KWIM mean?
      KWIM = Know What I Mean

how late are you? have you taken a blood test with your doc yet to confirm?

#14 Alyssa

Alyssa
      • 11,793 posts

Posted 16 July 2008 - 06:44 PM

Quote:
        KWIM Know What I Mean just kidding!

well, i don't believe in 'bad luck' like that but IF you are preg - then you should just tell us until after the wedding

#15 BarefootBride

BarefootBride
        • 1,266 posts

Posted 16 July 2008 - 06:49 PM

maybe I should. I only have 12 days....

#16 Kat81

Kat81
          • VIP Member
          • 7,615 posts

Posted 16 July 2008 - 06:53 PM

Congrats sweetie. Everything that happens in life is going to happen no matter what we do. Most people just don't tell in case something happens they don't want to go through the pain of explaining to everyone. I would wait to tell everyone until after your wedding though!!

#17 Maura

Maura

VIP Member

• VIP Member
            • 5,752 posts
            • Wedding Location:Westin Los Cabos

Posted 16 July 2008 - 06:54 PM

how many at home pregnancy tests have you taken?

#18 Yari

Yari
            • VIP Member
            • 10,928 posts

Posted 16 July 2008 - 06:56 PM

OMG, well if you are congrats. That is exciting news.

#19 1elephant

1elephant
              • VIP Member
              • 15,998 posts

Posted 16 July 2008 - 07:07 PM

you too!!!! congrats!!! you mentioned something the other day that made me double check your siggy to see if there was a ticker.....YAY!

#20 BarefootBride

BarefootBride
                • 1,266 posts

Posted 16 July 2008 - 07:17 PM

Okay, I just took the darn test even though I didnt want to. I really wanted to wait until after the wedding and honeymoon because I didnt want to be a sourpuss. I wanted to skydive or do something daring while in NZ and i just knew that if I was confirmed pregnant then I wouldnt do those things. I told FI that I wouldnt take the test. He REALLY wants a baby. And I do too but I really assumed that it would take awhile since I am getting up there in age so I kinda wasnt like ready - ready. Its a scary thing you know...pregnancy,body changing, labour, raising kids, not being able to travel to exciting places whenever you want to... Gosh I really love my life- I sound selfish huh?
                  ANYHOW, we decided awhile back that we would start practicing in Late May/Early June. Honey, when they say it takes only one try... IT TAKES ONLY ONE TRY. (But I really thought that was something adults told teenagers to prevent them from getting pregnant. )
                  So about 10 minutes before I posted the first thread, I took a home test... its positive.
                  But I really feel bad because 1. I have been drinking for the past 4 weeks while I have been here (UK) 2. I havent taken 1 prenatal pill (didnt even pack them) 3. I was doing the colonix thing.
                  You girls are the FIRST to know. I cant hold water... and I was bound to tell someone! THANKS FOR BEING THERE!

Now on to the planning of how to tell FI who is SUPER excited and says that hes gonna make me pee on a stick as soon as I get off the plane on Sunday. His birthday is Monday, the 21st and I was thinking that would be the best time to tell him. I just dont think I could play it off until the 30th.
                  Any suggestions? How should I lay it on him

*breathing* now that I told someone
                  BTW, please wish me a health kid.
                  I work with children all the time and I so nervous about having a child. You never know what you get. (Im so serious.)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users