Glenda, any news?

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#11 Karen

• 1,308 posts

Posted 20 July 2008 - 05:42 PM

Hi everyone! I brought my sweetie Jason home today from the hospital. The hospital is 3 hours away from us in Long Island, NY. I stayed in a hotel near the hospital for the past 6 days. Jay iis still sore but doing fine. He will be out of work for the next 1 1/2 weeks. Thank you so much for your prayers and well wishes. Jay needed surgery because he had Trigeminal Neurolgia which is a condition that is caused when a blood vessel/ artery is too close to the trigeminal nerve (located near the brain stem). The blood vessel/ artery "beats up" the nerve with every pulse which damages the nerve causing horrendous pain. TN used to be called the "suicide disease" because many people in the past would kill themselves to escape the pain. It is that bad. Jay's pain was chronic and severe, 24/7, for the past 2 years. He was just diagnosed a couple of months ago after our very own Glenda referred Jay to his neurosurgeon Dr. Brown, an expert in TN. We are sooooo grateful to Glenda. No one in our area could or would help. He was misdiagnosed and had to go through unnecessary treatments/ medications for 2 years. Jay had a complicated case of TN. A vein was growing along side the trigeminal nerve and an artery further up was under the nerve. Dr. Brown burned away the vein at the bottom of the nerve, inserted a teflon cushion between the nerve and vein, and inserted a teflon cushion between the artery and nerve. Right now (fingers crossed) Jay's TN pain seems to be resolved!!! He has some pain but it is surgery related and should go away in a few days. We are just so happy that this is over and Jay can be pain free! Thanks again everyone for everything.
    <center><embed src="http://www.widdlytin...nancyticker.swf" FlashVars="t1=Baby Lambert is on the way&b=7&c=0xCC00CC&f=5&y=2010&m=4&d=14" quality="high" wmode="transparent" width="430" height="115" name="Pregnancy Ticker" align="middle"...

#12 starchild

• Moderators
    • 26,161 posts

Posted 20 July 2008 - 05:46 PM

What a journey! Glenda rocks and we're all glad that Jason is doing much better :)

#13 ErinB

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 9,504 posts

Posted 20 July 2008 - 06:29 PM

Thanks for the update. I'm so glad he's doing well. I'll keep sending happy, get better thoughts his way.

#14 Maura

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 5,752 posts
        • Wedding Location:Westin Los Cabos

Posted 20 July 2008 - 07:11 PM

Karen, I'm so glad all your prayers have been answered - believe me, there was no shortage of prayers coming your way from all your friends here! We're so happy to hear that Jay is doing well and finally at home. Hugs to you guys!

#15 becks

• VIP Member
        • 4,881 posts
        • Wedding Date:August 9, 2008
        • Wedding Location:Riviera Maya
        • LocationNew York

Posted 20 July 2008 - 07:30 PM

I'm so glad to hear that he's feeling better! What a way to have had to live for the last two years!

My thoughts and prayers are with you that the surgery was 100% successful and all of the pain is now in the past!

Happily married since 2008

Allurements by Rebecca - Destination Wedding Invitations and more

#16 JaimeLynne

• VIP Member
        • 4,791 posts

Posted 20 July 2008 - 08:24 PM

Oh, that is amazing news Karen. I can breathe out now I am so incredibly happy for the both of you and can't wait to hear how your lives continue to unfold after being relieved of that unimaginable pain... please give Jason my best!

~ Jaime & Martin ~
          "Rain or Swine! 2-0-0-9"

We had 24 people attend our wedding in Las Caletas, Mexico on May 24th, 2009!

We all stayed at The Marriott in P.V., and Honeymooned at The Royal Plantation in Ochos Rios, Jamaica!

#17 TammyB

• 10,630 posts

Posted 20 July 2008 - 09:00 PM

Karen I'm so happy you both are home and on the road to recovery. Give Jay our best.

#18 tvt

• VIP Member
            • 4,812 posts

Posted 20 July 2008 - 09:07 PM

Karen, I'm so glad to hear that he is doing well. Big hugs to both of you!

#19 Mandy

• 514 posts

Posted 20 July 2008 - 09:18 PM

Thanks for the update, Karen. We're all so glad to hear the pain seems to be resolved!

#20 Sandra E.

Sandra E.
                • 2,183 posts

Posted 21 July 2008 - 02:04 PM

Karen, I'm glad to hear everything went well. Thank you for the update.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users