Photo

Who all gets a Boutonnière???

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 beth

beth
  • 128 posts

Posted 16 July 2008 - 02:15 PM

So I know the groomsmen and of course my FI get one, but what about fathers and grandfathers? Do they also get a boutonniere?

#2 seaprincess

seaprincess
    • 753 posts

Posted 16 July 2008 - 02:22 PM

We've actually decided that only my FI will be wearing a bout, not even the groomsmen....but I think if you want to honour the fathers and grandfathers by having them wear one too, that great!~
      Lindsay and Jamie - January 28, 2009

#3 jajajaja

jajajaja
      • VIP Member
      • 9,794 posts

Posted 16 July 2008 - 02:26 PM

Depends on what you want to do. We honored our fathers as well as grandfathers.

I also go the mom's bouts because they didn't want corsages. THey thought they would be annoying and from my prom days, I agree. :)
        Happily married since 2008

#4 Kathie

Kathie
        • 2,654 posts

Posted 16 July 2008 - 02:26 PM

I think the groom, groomsmen, father and grandfathers should have one.

#5 DanielleNDerek

DanielleNDerek
          • VIP Member
          • 18,452 posts

Posted 16 July 2008 - 02:27 PM

You should do whatever you want.

fi doesn't want to wear one so i think i might give the one that comes with our wedding package to my dad. So just my dad will have one. Hmmm now i'm thinking about getting my grandfather one too, that would be a nice gesture.
            ***Married November 6, 2008***Gavin Born February 28th, 2010***
            Paradisus Palma Real Wedding Review
            Our Professional Wedding Pictures on Snapfish

#6 Bride010101

Bride010101
            • 1,547 posts

Posted 16 July 2008 - 03:10 PM

I agree... it's completley up to you. Flowers aren't that important to me... so we decided to go minimally. My BMs and I will have bouquets and my FI will have a bout. But thats it. Our groomsman are just wearing short sleeved linen shirts - so I didn't feel they were necessary. My dad was happy he didn't have to deal with one... and my mom didn't care either. So I think its up to you and your wedding.

#7 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
              • 18,759 posts

Posted 16 July 2008 - 03:18 PM

We didn't have groomsmen but if we did we would not have got them bouts. Mike didn't really care about having one. It wasn't the easiest thing to get on right on a shirt, not a suit.

We got one for each mom. If gmas were there we would have gotten them one too. We didn't get one for our dad's because we didn't think either would want one. I think they both had on printed tropical shirts. it would have just been too busy. I think they go better with suits.

I don't know about mike's mom, but my mom loved hers. She had it on the next day at breakfast pinned to her tanktop. my mom is so cute :)

#8 melglnh2o

melglnh2o
                • 1,016 posts

Posted 16 July 2008 - 04:27 PM

It is your wedding...do what you want!! But we had a formal Catholic church ceremony so the following people wore bouts:

Groom
                  Best man
                  Both fathers
                  Ring bearers
                  Readers

If we had groomsmen and grandfathers, they would have gotten them too.

#9 beth

beth
                  • 128 posts

Posted 16 July 2008 - 08:15 PM

Thanks ladies! Your ideas and opinions are very helpful! I think we will get the dads and g-dads bouts to make them feel special too

#10 1elephant

1elephant
                    • VIP Member
                    • 15,998 posts

Posted 16 July 2008 - 08:29 PM

dh had one, and so did our fathers. i think our dads were surprised they got them. we didn't get for our gms b/c they wouldn't have appreciated them.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users