Sign in to follow this  
beth

Who all gets a Boutonnière???

So I know the groomsmen and of course my FI get one, but what about fathers and grandfathers? huh.gif Do they also get a boutonniere? smile41.gif

We've actually decided that only my FI will be wearing a bout, not even the groomsmen....but I think if you want to honour the fathers and grandfathers by having them wear one too, that great!~

Depends on what you want to do. We honored our fathers as well as grandfathers.

I also go the mom's bouts because they didn't want corsages. THey thought they would be annoying and from my prom days, I agree. :)

You should do whatever you want.

fi doesn't want to wear one so i think i might give the one that comes with our wedding package to my dad. So just my dad will have one. Hmmm now i'm thinking about getting my grandfather one too, that would be a nice gesture.

I agree... it's completley up to you. Flowers aren't that important to me... so we decided to go minimally. My BMs and I will have bouquets and my FI will have a bout. But thats it. Our groomsman are just wearing short sleeved linen shirts - so I didn't feel they were necessary. My dad was happy he didn't have to deal with one... and my mom didn't care either. So I think its up to you and your wedding.

We didn't have groomsmen but if we did we would not have got them bouts. Mike didn't really care about having one. It wasn't the easiest thing to get on right on a shirt, not a suit.

We got one for each mom. If gmas were there we would have gotten them one too. We didn't get one for our dad's because we didn't think either would want one. I think they both had on printed tropical shirts. it would have just been too busy. I think they go better with suits.

I don't know about mike's mom, but my mom loved hers. She had it on the next day at breakfast pinned to her tanktop. my mom is so cute :)

It is your wedding...do what you want!! But we had a formal Catholic church ceremony so the following people wore bouts:

Groom

Best man

Both fathers

Ring bearers

Readers

If we had groomsmen and grandfathers, they would have gotten them too.

Thanks ladies! Your ideas and opinions are very helpful! I think we will get the dads and g-dads bouts to make them feel special too wink.gif

dh had one, and so did our fathers. i think our dads were surprised they got them. we didn't get for our gms b/c they wouldn't have appreciated them.