Photo

STD - friends and family wording

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 adias.angel

adias.angel
  • 719 posts

Posted 16 July 2008 - 01:44 PM

I have seen a few of the STD with a little blurb for friends and family letting them know not to feel bad about not making it to the wedding. I wrote this, does it sound ok? Thanks, Carla :)

Quote:
    Dear Friends and Family,
    We have chosen the Riviera Maya to sail into for our destination wedding. The beautiful white sand beaches and lush rainforest make it the perfect location to start our lives together.

We understand that because of the distance and cost not everyone will be able to be with us in the Riviera Maya. So we will be holding a celebration in Michigan upon our return home. Please do not feel bad if you are unable to attend. The greatest gift you can give is to celebrate with us, whether in the Rivera Maya or at home in Michigan.

#2 mpajkos

mpajkos
    • 359 posts

Posted 16 July 2008 - 01:54 PM

I think it sounds very professional. I would suggest saying something about hoping to see everyone in the Riviera Maya however....( We understand that because of the distance and cost not everyone will be able to be with us in the Riviera Maya. So we will be holding a celebration in Michigan upon our return home. Please do not feel bad if you are unable to attend. The greatest gift you can give is to celebrate with us, whether in the Rivera Maya or at home in Michigan.)

I think this expresses to your friends and family your excitement about your DW and sharing it with them however you won't have hard feelings if they are unable to come.

Hope this helps

#3 Kathie

Kathie
      • 2,654 posts

Posted 16 July 2008 - 02:21 PM

That sounds great. I might have to steal that.

#4 adias.angel

adias.angel
        • 719 posts

Posted 16 July 2008 - 02:26 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by mpajkos
          I think it sounds very professional. I would suggest saying something about hoping to see everyone in the Riviera Maya however
          That is great suggestion! Thank you :)

Quote:
          Originally Posted by Kathie
          That sounds great. I might have to steal that.
          Its not stealing, on here its called borrowing.

#5 kelcrooks

kelcrooks
          • 88 posts

Posted 16 July 2008 - 09:06 PM

I think I'll need to "borrow" it too! It sounds great!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users