Photo

Bridal Shower Etiquette

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 OROBride1008

OROBride1008
  • 417 posts

Posted 16 July 2008 - 12:45 PM

Is it ok to have a bridal shower if you are having a DW? More so, do you only invite the people you invited to the DW to the shower? Or do I have to have a AHR to be able to have a bridal shower and invite other people who weren't invited to the DW? Any thoughts on this would be great.

#2 Yari

Yari
    • VIP Member
    • 10,928 posts

Posted 16 July 2008 - 12:46 PM

Yes, it is totally ok to have a shower if you are having a DW. Gosh, I am having two.

You only invite the people you are planning on inviting or have invited to the shower.

A shower should not be given by you, but by a bridal party member.

#3 Jacqueline

Jacqueline
      • VIP Member
      • 3,160 posts

Posted 16 July 2008 - 12:55 PM

I'm not sure on the proper etiquette on this. but i would think that you can still have a shower even if you're having a dw, b/c you are still getting married and starting a life together, kwim??

and if you want a party after you are home, have an ahr. i see nothing wrong with it ;o)

#4 Banana11

Banana11
        • VIP Member
        • 8,841 posts

Posted 16 July 2008 - 01:03 PM

My aunt is throwing me a shower and it includes people that aren't coming to our wedding.

#5 hmj

hmj
          • 78 posts

Posted 16 July 2008 - 01:15 PM

In the etiquette section of more than one DW book I've read it says it's OK to have a shower and to register.

I would personally only want people invited who were invited to the wedding, but I'm also inviting a TON of people to the wedding, so that might be different. If you're having a reception after the fact and everyone knows you're having a reception, then I don't think it'd be too big a deal to invite people who aren't invited to the wedding.

Also, what does "AHR" stand for? I can pretty much figure out all the other acronyms, but this one I'm having trouble with!

#6 townie princess

townie princess
            • 298 posts

Posted 16 July 2008 - 01:17 PM

AHR = at home reception

#7 1elephant

1elephant
              • VIP Member
              • 15,998 posts

Posted 16 July 2008 - 01:21 PM

i had a shower and told my mil to ONLY invite ppl invited to the wedding. i (personally) thought it was a tacky way of asking for gifts if i invited ppl to the shower w/o a wedding invitation.

#8 Soon To Be Mrs. Gomez

Soon To Be Mrs. Gomez
                • 1,326 posts

Posted 16 July 2008 - 01:23 PM

I think it's okay to have a shower because even if people cannot join the DW, they would like to participate in another way.

#9 stkitts2010

stkitts2010
                  • 51 posts

Posted 16 July 2008 - 01:28 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by OROBride1008
                    Is it ok to have a bridal shower if you are having a DW? More so, do you only invite the people you invited to the DW to the shower? Or do I have to have a AHR to be able to have a bridal shower and invite other people who weren't invited to the DW? Any thoughts on this would be great.
                    I think it's okay. Furthermore, I noticed you are from Bradenton and you look familiar. I use to live in Bradenton. What high school did you go to?

#10 trance_angelx0x

trance_angelx0x
                    • 198 posts

Posted 16 July 2008 - 01:30 PM

Invite who you want there. Most people want to participate in weddings in any way they can including just going to the bridal shower.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users