Sign in to follow this  
Maura

*Official chat thread for BIGGEST LOSER 3* (UPDATED WITH WINNER!!)

Egg white omlettes are great especially because you can customize them with toppings to suit your tastes! Sometimes as a treat with one I'll have a couple of slices of turkey bacon. Not quite as tasty as normal bacon (IMO) but pretty good anyway!

Smoothies are nice too. Lots off combinations you can come up with!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLC77 View Post
I lost 2 lbs. Looks like my replacing meals with ice cream plan is a good one! smile159.gif Just kidding. I'm back to eating semi-good.

I do have a funny story from yesterday. I went to the gym. I didn't really want to, but knew I should. I was so unmotivated. I warmed up on the treadmill and as soon as I was ready to head to the back machine I needed someone else got on it. So, I left. lol The girl at the front desk must've thought I was crazy. I was only in there for 8 minutes!
Kelly I laughed so hard I almost pee'd my pants...

Ladies...I NEED MOTIVATION... I am on a downward slope... I can't get any motivation... I told one of my friends I feel like I am gaining weight, and she agreed saying that she can tell in my face. I just feel horrible, but I just can't get up enough energy to do anything.... I just am starting to accept the fact that I am lousy and for some reason I feel stuck. I need something strong to help me...for real...

B-Girl, have you tried to alter your diet..more of like a lifestyle change.. My doctor recommended me to do the South Beach diet. It's not your typical diet, no counting calories or anything like. I have started 1 month ago, and have lost 15lbs... I also workout hr a day, 5 days a week... so im sure that also helps.. well thats just a suggestion..

If you are having a hard time getting motivated to exercise, can you make a point of going for a walk? If you need milk from the store down the street or you are going over to a friends that lives a few blocks away, walk instead of driving. Then you can start taking detours even to make your walk last a little longer. After you start with the walks, you may be a little more motivated to do more intense exercises.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ButlerGirl08 View Post
Ladies...I NEED MOTIVATION... I am on a downward slope... I can't get any motivation... I told one of my friends I feel like I am gaining weight, and she agreed saying that she can tell in my face. I just feel horrible, but I just can't get up enough energy to do anything.... I just am starting to accept the fact that I am lousy and for some reason I feel stuck. I need something strong to help me...for real...
You really need to push yourself to go the gym. I'm not one to talk, I haven't been there in about 2 weeks, but when I do go, I notice a big difference in my energy and mood for the rest of the day. I usually walk slow when I go to class (people always walk past me) but if I have been to the gym recently I pick up the pace and feel fine about it... They say working out releases something in your brain that makes you feel good... so do whatever you can to just go there!

---I know its easier said than done! sad.gif

You guys are right, and when I got off of work Saturday morning...I pushed myself and told myself...NO MORE EXCUSES... so I went and ran around the neighborhood. I was so proud of myself. I wouldn;t have done it without my DH...he was there the whole way. I felt good about myself, I slept better, and I decided to eat better...so I ate good today and drank lots of water. I also joined Free Calorie Counter, Diet & Exercise Journal - MyFitnessPal.com. I need this boost, I just hope I keep it up because it feels so good.

Quote:
You guys are right, and when I got off of work Saturday morning...I pushed myself and told myself...NO MORE EXCUSES... so I went and ran around the neighborhood. I was so proud of myself. I wouldn;t have done it without my DH...he was there the whole way. I felt good about myself, I slept better, and I decided to eat better...so I ate good today and drank lots of water. I also joined Free Calorie Counter, Diet & Exercise Journal - MyFitnessPal.com. I need this boost, I just hope I keep it up because it feels so good.

Good for you! Just take baby steps. Sometimes when we try to do 10 things right it gets overwhelming. So why not make mini goals. Like this week you will do some sort of exercise for at least 30 minutes. Anything that gets you moving. Walking, running, housework, whatever. At least your moving. And maybe add no sweets, or make sure you get all your water in. And each week gradually add another goal. Before you know it you will be doing more than you think you ever could wink.gif

Quote:
Good for you!
Start with 2 or three days a week of maybe jogging or walking and it starts feeling easier. Also, trainers say that even ifyour spread your excercise throughout the day 15min 3x's a day wherever you can squeeze it in it's still good. Just get MOVING! I love that dh was there- so supportive.

You can do it! cheer2.gif

Well I just got back from the weekend away. I didn't do too bad except for last night. I had king stuff lobster, which is lobster stuffed with lobster and seafood dressing. It is delicious! I didn't use any butter but I know there was butter in there. I took out most of the stuffing. I had two raspberry martinis too. I walked this morning for 55 minutes so I'm hoping that will balance it out. I LOVE lobster! Yum!