*Official chat thread for BIGGEST LOSER 3* (UPDATED WITH WINNER!!)

Maura

first let me say your meal plan today CRACKED ME UP! haha "poster child" LMAO! Oh God...it got worse!!! I cooked a freshetta pizza w/ pepporoni and I cut it into 8's and I had 4 pieces (Half the pizza!). Thank god there was nothing left in the house to eat because I got up 4 times trying to find dessert and came up with nothing!! So my lovely one pound down yesterday morning turned into 1.5 up today!!! Well actually .5 up from the starting weight on wed...I'm throwing that scale away!!! sad.gif

and yeah, i know percentage makes it fair, but if you go by the whole "1-2 lbs lost per week is healthy" then i'd have to be pretty darn unhealthy in order to get a high enough percentage to win! (not that it matters ... your menu sounded really good to me, haha!) Yeah that's true...however the more you actually have to loose the faster (at first) it comes off so if you stay consistent with your diet then you might loose 2-4 lbs a week and it would still be healthly. They jus use that guideline because someone who doesn't have as much to loose like skinny models who diet would have to seriously starve themselves or work themselves to death at the gym to loose more than 2 lbs a week...so they are trying to tell people to be realistic and healthy.

actually i've done rather well so far (haha only been 2 days!) ... i even just went to famous dave's BBQ for dinner tonight to celebrate FBIL's bday, and i had a salad with grilled salmon. lemme tell ya, famous dave's isn't "famous" for their SALAD ... we're talking ribs and pulled pork and brisket and beans and mac & cheese and corn and mashed potatoes. That is so awesome that you went there and ate a salad!!! I have yet to master that willpower! I am just so proud of you!

did i mention i had a SALAD? and went to the gym 2 days in a row now!

• Replies 543
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay ladies, I'm scared for tonight...I work at an event center bartending in the evenings and every night we turn in all of our tips and then about every 3 weeks we all go out for dinner and drinks with the tip money (I'd personally rather keep the cash, but I got outvoted). So tonight is our tip party night. We are going to Houlihan's because they have half priced appetizers during happy hour...yay, fried food! I worked out this morning and saved all of my extra weight watchers points for the week for tonight's outing, but I'm still scared about the booze. I do want to have a few drinks, but I'd like to do it the healthiest way possible...is there such a thing as healthy alcohol?

I was thinking light beer would be the best option cause wine and mixed drinks are so sugary, but then again, they don't call it a "beer gut" for nothing!

I was doing really good but then I ordered pizza last night! I just didn't feel like cooking! So I am going to have to step it up at the gym today -

Flygirl - you could try drinking sugar free red bull and vodka - there is almost nothing to them calorie wise - but they might get you a little wasted! I know they do me in for the night!!

Anyways my plan is to go to the gym again tonight (that would be 3 x's this week!)

Good Luck everyone!!

Last night was not fun! I went for my scheduled training walk of 7 miles in the heat. Well I forgot my sports drink, so didnt have anything really to replace my electolytes. I had a little bit of trail mix but just water.

So when I got home I defintely was feeling under the weather. Threw up, tried to eat some salad but couldnt, so called it an early night and got some rest.

Today its even hotter out, so Im going to take a rest day.

Well, just got back from lunch with some co-workers. Went to Houlihan's. Had a 1/2 southwest chicken wrap (comes with chips and salsa) and a house salad with balsamic on the side. I'm trying to justify to myself that was not too bad.

SgtPepperette - it too is really hot here. Going to hit 90 again. Very humid. Everytime you go outside it smacks you in the face.

Well, I think I'm going to try the low carb diet. Because low fat hasn't worked for me yet. The only thing is I have a sweet tooth and Sugar Free Jello just doesn't cut it!! Another thing is when I cut out carbs I get really bad headaches. When I first tried the South Beach Diet when that was the hot new diet I did good but I couldn't get thru those first 2-3 weeks without carbs. They said you would get headaches but after a few days they would go away. I had horrible headaches for 3 days in a row and couldn't stand it anymore! So hoping it's better this time around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flygirl View Post
Okay ladies, I'm scared for tonight...I work at an event center bartending in the evenings and every night we turn in all of our tips and then about every 3 weeks we all go out for dinner and drinks with the tip money (I'd personally rather keep the cash, but I got outvoted). So tonight is our tip party night. We are going to Houlihan's because they have half priced appetizers during happy hour...yay, fried food! I worked out this morning and saved all of my extra weight watchers points for the week for tonight's outing, but I'm still scared about the booze. I do want to have a few drinks, but I'd like to do it the healthiest way possible...is there such a thing as healthy alcohol?

I was thinking light beer would be the best option cause wine and mixed drinks are so sugary, but then again, they don't call it a "beer gut" for nothing!

Like Betsy said the sugar free redbull and vodka is really good. I also like bicardi and diet coke or sprite zero (or diet) with vodka.