Photo

EDR - Dessert Buffet option? Concerned about Money!

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 BandE2008

BandE2008
  • 228 posts

Posted 15 July 2008 - 09:38 PM

Hey!

So I am starting to really stress about money.

We were doing a private reception, but I am now thinking of having the dinner with my free 40 person dinner and having a get together after - as this I believe will lower the cost/guest.

OR

I could do a cocktail with appies get together following the wedding, THEN the free dinner for 40 at El Coctal....

My question - does anyone have the info on the dessert buffet option? Im my 30 + page package, I do not have any info on this option.
    Does it come with the 2 hour international bar deal?

What are your thoughts on what to do to save money?

All this said, we are getting close to 40 guests, and if we have more, I dont think the free dinner is an option anymore so I might be screwed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HELP PLEASE!

#2 Mandy

Mandy
    • 514 posts

Posted 15 July 2008 - 09:57 PM

We did the dessert buffet. The food was amazing, and the 2 hour bar was included. We also used this time to play our ipod/speakers. This followed the "free" dinner.

That being said, we didn't eat hardly ANY of it, because everyone was so stuffed. But it was still nice to have. We took a few of the treats back to the room with us, but most of it went to waste.

I'll see if I can find the prices on another thread.

#3 Mandy

Mandy
      • 514 posts

Posted 15 July 2008 - 10:01 PM

Found it! It was in this thread: http://bestdestinati.../forum/t11538-5 Post #50

We were just told the dessert buffet was now $20 per person and included:

DESSERT BUFFET FOR MINIMUM OF 20 PEOPLE - $ 20 USD p/p

MEDIUM SIZE CAKES
        LEMON TART 18 SERVINGS
        SEVEN FRUIT TART 18 SERVINGS
        OPERA CAKE 18 SERVINGS

LARGE CAKES
        LARGE CHOCOLATE CAKE 1 PIECE LARGE APPLE PIE 1 PIECE
        PASSION FRUIT CAKE 1 PIECE
        RASPBERRY CHEESE CAKE 1 PIECE

FRUIT CAKE 1 PIECE
        CHOCOLATE CAKE 1 PIECE
        MACAROON (3 TYPES) SERVINGS

#4 Mandy

Mandy
        • 514 posts

Posted 15 July 2008 - 10:06 PM

Here's the best pic I can find:
          Click the image to open in full size.

We had to e-mail the wedding coordinator to find out about this.

I can't speak to the cocktail hour, so someone else will have to answer that!

Just remember that everyone will be stuffed no matter what you do!

#5 BandE2008

BandE2008
          • 228 posts

Posted 15 July 2008 - 10:07 PM

Thanks Mandy

Is that what you would suggest doing to save money?

Anyone know what happens if you have over 40 guests, is it a mandatory private reception OR can you pay per guest extra?

MANDY- did you have speeches?

#6 Mandy

Mandy
            • 514 posts

Posted 15 July 2008 - 10:24 PM

We did not do speeches, but you sure could have. I know a lot of people do their speeches at their after-dinner party. We alternated between dancing and visiting with all those who didn't want to dance (and occ eating!).

I know someone did another option where they paid to reserve a reception location and the bar, but had no additional food. I'll see if I still have that e-mail and can find out how much it was.

I would ask your wedding coordinator about the >40 guest problem.

#7 Mandy

Mandy
              • 514 posts

Posted 15 July 2008 - 10:27 PM

Jennifer (jfwolfe72) sent me the info: it's going to cost $8.00/person and we're also going to serve our cake at that reception. We'll rent a sound system so we can play a CD of music that we're going to prepare for dancing. I don't think that information was anywhere on Lomas' or Karisma's websites. Monica suggested that option for us.

Search for her and PM her if you have other questions about this. I don't know if this is what they ended up doing or not.

#8 shannon

shannon
                • 772 posts

Posted 16 July 2008 - 09:41 AM

We didn't have as many guests as you- only 22 total- so we were able to have the private white glove cocktail party right after the ceremony at the Sky Palapa- which I loved. The guests went there directly after the ceremony and cooled down and got to eat and drink while Vince and I took our "romantics" pictures.
                  They set up a completely full bar there, and had waiters in white gloves walk around and serve 6 different apps- the apps were so so so so good.
                  I believe it was $21/person for everything....This was after the ceremony and before the "free dinner" at Fuentes...
                  You can click on our link from our photographer-- if you go to page 45- that is the beg of the pictures from the cocktail party-- from page 45-48-- those are pictures from the cocktail party....
                  Vince & Shannon

After our "free dinner" at Fuentes we did the reception at Tucanes. We had the chocolate fountain party- with fresh fruit and pastries and a choc fountain. It was $14/person, but then we had to pay another $8/person for a 2 hour bar-- so it was really $22/person.
                  If you go to our link and go to page 57
                  Vince & Shannon
                  From page 57 to end of pictures- those are the ones at Tucanes- there are pictures of the fountain and food.....
                  I totally agree with Mandy-- everyone was so full- I think people picked at the food, but it looked barely touched at the end! - we also did like Mandy and paid the $250 for speaker/iPOD setup. The speaker system was great-- no problems there...

#9 Mandy

Mandy
                  • 514 posts

Posted 16 July 2008 - 01:05 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by shannon
                    I totally agree with Mandy-- everyone was so full- I think people picked at the food, but it looked barely touched at the end! - we also did like Mandy and paid the $250 for speaker/iPOD setup. The speaker system was great-- no problems there...
                    Well, technically we brought our ipod/speakers from home and didn't spend the extra $$. We figured we could spend just a little more and have them for good. We went with the Bose speaker for around $300-400, and used it all week. In fact, we're planning on taking it on our next trip with us!

#10 Mandy

Mandy
                    • 514 posts

Posted 16 July 2008 - 01:06 PM

Have you looked at other places you could cut back? Do you need our help with your budget? We'd be happy to look it over and give you our thoughts!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users