Sign in to follow this  
rodent

Roller skating!

I'm leaving to go roller skate soon. There is a skating rink in town that is empty on weekdays. About 15 of us will be there tonight. We went a few months ago & it was a blast.

cheer2.gif

I haven't been roller skating in years...do they still do the hokey pokey and disco spot lights for slow skating? Have fun..can you take picts?

OMG Morgan you would love it here. I have a girlfriend that skates every Thursday and Saturday night faithfully! (like she hasn't missed a Thursday in 15 years!) It's 21 & over skating and she's always trying to get me to go but I'm not a good skater. The crowd she skates with is too fancy for me - they go fast, backwards, sideways, it's nuts! They even have these skate jams where skate clubs come from out of state and they all show off and party!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christi View Post
I haven't been roller skating in years...do they still do the hokey pokey and disco spot lights for slow skating? Have fun..can you take picts?
no hokey pokey, but they do have disco lights on

Quote:
Originally Posted by starchild View Post
OMG Morgan you would love it here. I have a girlfriend that skates every Thursday and Saturday night faithfully! (like she hasn't missed a Thursday in 15 years!) It's 21 & over skating and she's always trying to get me to go but I'm not a good skater. The crowd she skates with is too fancy for me - they go fast, backwards, sideways, it's nuts! They even have these skate jams where skate clubs come from out of state and they all show off and party!
I'm not a fancy skater. the group I go with falls a lot.

All the skating places around here are mostly teenage hangouts and if there are adults, it's because they are teaching their little kids. I think it'd look creepy if Brian and I went skating! I need to find one of those 21 and over nights Jamy mentioned. Either that or Aiden needs to get off his ass and learn to stand up so we can take him skating!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessicaLovesBrian View Post
All the skating places around here are mostly teenage hangouts and if there are adults, it's because they are teaching their little kids. I think it'd look creepy if Brian and I went skating! I need to find one of those 21 and over nights Jamy mentioned. Either that or Aiden needs to get off his ass and learn to stand up so we can take him skating!
Last night there were a few other people there, but only 2 kids. I would feel weird if it was a teenage hangout. Typically it's just empty so we take it over.