Photo

BM dress copying... is this offensive?

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#21 Carolyn

Carolyn
  • 1,235 posts

Posted 16 July 2008 - 07:37 PM

I would just double check with the friends sister. I think it's a great idea.

#22 Mandy

Mandy
    • 514 posts

Posted 16 July 2008 - 07:41 PM

My SIL used the same dresses from my cousin's wedding. She added a ribbon under the bust and had my grandma cut them off to tea-length. And since she had one extra bridesmaid, we just found matching material and had an additional one made. It worked out great, and my cousin was so pleased that someone loved her dresses that much! She did ask for her sister's dress (my other cousin) back, so she could use the material for her daughter some day.

#23 Agape Gems

Agape Gems
      • 1,260 posts

Posted 17 July 2008 - 12:04 AM

I think it's a compliment. Plus if her wedding wasn't a DW the pics will look so different that people may not even realize its the same dress. And you can do the accessories totally different too.
        See our professional weddings photos http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t21339

#24 tchuchuca

tchuchuca
        • 361 posts

Posted 17 July 2008 - 10:36 AM

I think it's a great idea- I'm sure your BMs will appreciate not having to buy another dress!

#25 TheTomato

TheTomato
          • 45 posts

Posted 21 July 2008 - 03:24 PM

Just got a response. She loves the idea that someone will use the dresses again and said she's happy they will see another beach. Yeah!

#26 twixygrl

twixygrl
            • 293 posts

Posted 22 July 2008 - 01:11 AM

Absolutely not! I think that is brilliant, its time efficient, cost saving and plus you like the dress! I am glad she responded so positively....what reasonable person wouldn't??
              Twixygrl

#27 Jamminworld

Jamminworld
              • 136 posts

Posted 22 July 2008 - 10:25 AM

I wouldn't mind and probably be flattered you liked my taste so much. I'm easily amused though. I say just go for it.

#28 Jacqueline

Jacqueline
                • VIP Member
                • 3,160 posts

Posted 22 July 2008 - 10:28 AM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by TheTomato
                  Just got a response. She loves the idea that someone will use the dresses again and said she's happy they will see another beach. Yeah!
                  Oh that is awesome! Saves a lot of $ for the BM's, Im so happy it worked out for you!!!!!!

#29 catandcleo

catandcleo
                  • 173 posts

Posted 22 July 2008 - 11:22 AM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by TheTomato
                    That's fabulous - congratulations!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users