Sign in to follow this  
TheTomato

BM dress copying... is this offensive?

My SIL used the same dresses from my cousin's wedding. She added a ribbon under the bust and had my grandma cut them off to tea-length. And since she had one extra bridesmaid, we just found matching material and had an additional one made. It worked out great, and my cousin was so pleased that someone loved her dresses that much! She did ask for her sister's dress (my other cousin) back, so she could use the material for her daughter some day.

I think it's a compliment. Plus if her wedding wasn't a DW the pics will look so different that people may not even realize its the same dress. And you can do the accessories totally different too.

Absolutely not! I think that is brilliant, its time efficient, cost saving and plus you like the dress! I am glad she responded so positively....what reasonable person wouldn't??

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTomato View Post
Just got a response. She loves the idea that someone will use the dresses again and said she's happy they will see another beach. Yeah!
Oh that is awesome! Saves a lot of $ for the BM's, Im so happy it worked out for you!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTomato View Post
Just got a response. She loves the idea that someone will use the dresses again and said she's happy they will see another beach. Yeah!
That's fabulous - congratulations! cheer2.gif