Don't want the palm tree or starfish theme!

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#11 JennyK

• 3,502 posts

Posted 15 July 2008 - 05:21 PM

There's a girl on the knot Ashley that used Damask (although I cant remember if she was DW or not..not that it matters) and it was GORGEOUS. I say go for it!

#12 Nrvsbride

• 5,248 posts

Posted 15 July 2008 - 05:23 PM

You should use whatever design you like. Your wedding should reflect your taste and not what you think your wedding should look like. I think the colors you mentioned sound very pretty. Very calming and soothing. I love it. That's the great thing about DW's you can make them however you like.

#13 JBinjour

• 107 posts

Posted 15 July 2008 - 07:20 PM

LOL, weddings are becoming less and less traditional. I think you have more options with a destination wedding. I was more focused on the color than the theme. Since, the ceremony was in tropical garden. I played on the different shades of green in the background. It's your day. What ever you choose, make sure you (lol and the hubby to be) are happy with the decision. You don't want any regrets.

Good Luck,
        "Love is like swallowing hot chocolate before it has cooled off. It takes you by surprise at first, but keeps you warm for a long time.'' ~Unknown

#14 m&d2011

• 379 posts

Posted 15 July 2008 - 08:41 PM

I say go for it, it's your wedding

#15 Alyssa

• 11,793 posts

Posted 15 July 2008 - 10:18 PM

Originally Posted by ashley9078
            So I'm not real into going all the way on a beach theme. Before I was planning a DW I was planning on using Damask patterns as my theme. I love the modern yet classic look of it and am wondering if I can still use it in a tropical location like Jamaica? I was thinking of doing either black or brown with cream int he pattern with accents of pink and green. I need a lot of opinions on this one!
            Hi Ashley,

I am moving this thread to from the Jamaica sub-forum to the appropriate sub-forum. Please be more mindful of where you start threads as the Mods are working hard to keep the forum clean and organized.

#16 adias.angel

• 719 posts

Posted 16 July 2008 - 09:09 AM

I am with everyone else on here. Do what you want. :) I love the colors also, they sound perfect for what you want.

I didn't really want a beach theme either. We are going to use travel as our main theme and use the compass rose. We are trying for the classic Indiana Jones old world/jungle look mixed with a bit of 1930/1940's Hollywood elegance.

Maybe you could do the Hollywood elegance/travel mix like we are. Carla

#17 ashley9078

• 92 posts

Posted 16 July 2008 - 10:17 AM

Thanks for all the input ladies! I am definitly going to tie the pattern in where I can!

#18 Kathie

• 2,654 posts

Posted 16 July 2008 - 10:32 AM

I agree. Do what you want. I'm sure it will be very elegant.

#19 Lvenok

• Banned
                  • 35 posts

Posted 16 July 2008 - 10:54 AM

I think you should definitely do what you want.

#20 mpajkos

• 359 posts

Posted 16 July 2008 - 11:01 AM

I really like your idea of using damask decor. It is really beautiful and elegant! Just because you are having a beach wedding doesn't mean you have to have anything beach related as your decor! Go with what you love.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users