Sign in to follow this  
jjurick

Newbie trying to find a venue

Hi everyone,

My fiance and I have decided to have a destination wedding. We just don't know where. Help! Give me some ideas. Places you love dealing with or have dealt with. Thank you!

First off, welcome3.gif to the forum!

Some things I know a lot of us took into consideration were:

1. Budget (ours and guests) - Start here!!!

2. Time of year (weather, lowest prices)

3. Package value (all inclusive vs non, recpetion, etc)

4. Distance (travel time)

6. Activites in and around the location.

Have you and your FI been to a destination that has felt so special for the 2 of you? Or is there a place you've always wanted to go? Think about some of these and it will at least help you narrow down some places hopefully.

Browse around the forum, you will find lots of help and ideas. Hope this helps some.

Happy Planning

Thank you. This site has so much info. I'm hoping it will help narrow our search.

I never introduced myself. My name is Joey and my FI is Matt. We have been dating for over 4 years. On June 2nd he proposed! After all the excitement of the engagement I started researching venues. He wanted the whole big wedding (Groomzilla) but I wanted small. After looking at the proposals in our area we decided it was just too expensive to do the big wedding. So now we are back to small destination. I'm really excited! I've been trying to decide where. Should we see a travel agent to narrow it down?

Hi Joey. Welcome to the forum. Picking the location was the hardest part for us but this forum was great in helping narrow it down. Have you considered Cancun/Riviera Maya? The flights are fairly reasonable and there are so many options for hotels in that area. Plus the water is amazing. But another option is Bermuda. It is a short flight from PA.

Welcome!

You have a great list to start narrowing choices down, thanks to Twinkletoes!

I would suggest doing a little independant research, just to see what is out there before contacting a TA. When you are ready to talk with a TA, we have several on the forum that specialize in DWs.

Congrats and happy planning!

Welcome! A travel agent can help you with destination options and resorts that are available. But it is a good idea to know what you are looking for. We chose a Western Caribbean cruise for our wedding. We attended a friend's cruise wedding a few years ago and were sold on it! I'm sure whatever you choose will be amazing!!! Good luck!

Congrats and welcome, Joey!

There's a lot of great places you could choose for your wedding. The Bahamas, Dominican Republic, US Virgin Islands, Puerto Rico, Jamaica, or Cancun/Riviera Maya area would be some places to check out.

Have fun planning!

Tod