Dreams Huatulco are there anymore brides?

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry it's taken me so long to get a review out!! I've been so busy...we are moving in 2 days to our new house, so I've been packing since I got home/and working!! We only had 12 days since we got back to get everything organized, and packed!! I hope your all doing great....the resort is amazing, Rocio is amazing...it's PERFECT!!!

The wedding day was amazing...I couldn't have asked for everything to be more perfect. The days before the wedding were quite hectic, with a lot of running around and organizing. (I maybe sat out in the sun for a total of 1.5hrs before the wedding day) We got into Huatulco on Friday late afternoon, and the next day I was on a hunt for Rocio. She doesn't get a hold of you, or try to find you, so maybe try to set up a time to meet before you go down. Rocio is amazing to deal with, and so incredibly helpful. I can't say enough good things about her.

Scott and I really didn't like the look of the gazebo (just personal preference), so we had our wedding out on the terrace (I will try to attach some photos) To me it was the best spot. There was hardly any hotel guests watching...technically they couldn't really. It was really private, beautiful view of the ocean for us, and our guests, which we really liked. We had the ceremony at 4:30, and it was stupid hot still!!! The ceremony is quite long, with a lot of signing of papers. All 4 witnesses have to sign, plus your parents (4 copies) But the words that were spoken were beautiful.

There was only one negative part about having the wedding on the terrace, and that is you can't have your cocktail hour right after on the terrace (unless you choose another location.) But in the long run, I think it worked out quite well, since it was so hot, our guests had some time to get out of the sun, and go freshen up, PLUS the cocktail hour was now at sunset!! The wedding ended at 5, or maybe a little after, and we had our cocktail hour at 6:20-7:20pm, and then dinner from 7:20-11:00 at the gazebo!!! It took the guys an hour after the ceremony to get everything set up for the cocktail hour...and seriously it looked really nice. Scott and I didn't take part in any of it....but we heard great things about the food, and the entertainment since we chose to have the Mexican Trio playing then.

The reception was amazing, and the set up was perfect. At night the Gazebo is very nice. It's all lit up, and it's a little more private. There are not people at the pool at that time (obviously), plus there is a dance floor. Which was great to do speeches in as it looked out over the tables where your guests were. They only had certain colors for the linens, and chair bows (white, teal, and sand) available since they are still waiting for all of there stuff to come in. But again Rocio worked really hard with her staff, and they found some black overlays....it looked amazing!! As well she put the lights under the tables....it was exactly how I imagined it. I suggest that you get this as it is quite dark, and it added nice mood lighting. We also had a head table set up, we liked it better then sitting by ourselves (although it is Mexican tradition) Also, in Huatulco it doesn't get that chilly at night, most people didn't wear sweaters during the evening, the breeze is warm!!

We brought down our own music (ipod) and we had it all set up for every event. Ceremony, processional, recessional, dinner music, and dance. We didn't pay for any extra speakers. Rocio said that you can't have a wedding without music, so therefore the speakers are included!! Which is awesome....the sound was great...and their equipment is quite top of the line...so my husband told me!! *LOL* It's true that you can't go past 11pm, but it worked out well for us...a lot of my family was older that came, so they packed it in at that time. So some of my guests, and Scott and I headed up to the lobby bar, and had some drinks, and talked about the day. It was kind of a nice end, to the perfect day. I don't think that any of the brides that got married there went to the Disco after their reception. For one, it's super smoky (I guess it's like being at a bar, but in Canada, you aren't allowed to smoke in them anymore) the music sucked, and it's always DEAD!!!

I saw a wedding the next day at the gazebo, and they had it set up really nice. Only negative is all of the bystanders, in their bathing suits. (I don't like being center of attention, so that is not the place for me!!) Rocio also showed me some pictures if jenluvsmikes wedding...and it was beautiful down on the beach, again the only negative is the people in their bathing suits watching. There is one picture the photographer took looking up the aisle, and all you can see at the other end is a pretty heavy lady in her bathing suit looking back down, taking a picture...But the scenery you can not beat...If your looking out at the wedding your supposed to be looking at, and not all of the people around.

Our only complaint about the day was the flowers. They sucked, and pretty much looked like shit, as they fell apart. (especially the corsages, which I didn't end up paying for) Adrianna is the flower lady, and pretty much her quality is not up to par...Rocio has spoken with her, and she is kind of on her last limb, so hopefully you don't have to worry about it. :)

Rene (a guy) is the one that will be doing your make-up and hair...he is quite good, but a little slow. I pretty much liked everything he did...but I had to fix a little bit of my make-up. The hair wasn't exactly what I wanted either....but whatever, it still looked nice. (Bring a picture with you, at least then he will get it some what right!!!)

I saw the ballrooms...and they are really nice (all white) can't remember the flooring...sorry.

As for the rest of the package, make sure you get everything your entitled too. Well depending on what package you choose. We got the Ultimate package so we were entitled to Breakfast in bed, Dinner on the beach, massages ( you get one in the wedding package, and one in the honeymoon package) so make sure you get them both!!

Lastly the resort....it's phenomenal!! The food is great, the beach is awesome, the rooms are so nice, the staff are friendly....It's perfect. The only thing that kind of sucks is the entertainment....there isn't very much going on at night.

Hopefully this is helpful, and I wish you all the most amazing day of your lives!! It is such a beautiful resort. If you have any questions at all....please let me know!! I would be happy to answer any.

Sorry it's taken me so long to get a review out!! I've been so busy...we are moving in 2 days to our new house, so I've been packing since I got home/and working!! We only had 12 days since we got back to get everything organized, and packed!! I hope your all doing great....the resort is amazing, Rocio is amazing...it's PERFECT!!!

The wedding day was amazing...I couldn't have asked for everything to be more perfect. The days before the wedding were quite hectic, with a lot of running around and organizing. (I maybe sat out in the sun for a total of 1.5hrs before the wedding day) We got into Huatulco on Friday late afternoon, and the next day I was on a hunt for Rocio. She doesn't get a hold of you, or try to find you, so maybe try to set up a time to meet before you go down. Rocio is amazing to deal with, and so incredibly helpful. I can't say enough good things about her.

Scott and I really didn't like the look of the gazebo (just personal preference), so we had our wedding out on the terrace (I will try to attach some photos) To me it was the best spot. There was hardly any hotel guests watching...technically they couldn't really. It was really private, beautiful view of the ocean for us, and our guests, which we really liked. We had the ceremony at 4:30, and it was stupid hot still!!! The ceremony is quite long, with a lot of signing of papers. All 4 witnesses have to sign, plus your parents (4 copies) But the words that were spoken were beautiful.

There was only one negative part about having the wedding on the terrace, and that is you can't have your cocktail hour right after on the terrace (unless you choose another location.) But in the long run, I think it worked out quite well, since it was so hot, our guests had some time to get out of the sun, and go freshen up, PLUS the cocktail hour was now at sunset!! The wedding ended at 5, or maybe a little after, and we had our cocktail hour at 6:20-7:20pm, and then dinner from 7:20-11:00 at the gazebo!!! It took the guys an hour after the ceremony to get everything set up for the cocktail hour...and seriously it looked really nice. Scott and I didn't take part in any of it....but we heard great things about the food, and the entertainment since we chose to have the Mexican Trio playing then.

The reception was amazing, and the set up was perfect. At night the Gazebo is very nice. It's all lit up, and it's a little more private. There are not people at the pool at that time (obviously), plus there is a dance floor. Which was great to do speeches in as it looked out over the tables where your guests were. They only had certain colors for the linens, and chair bows (white, teal, and sand) available since they are still waiting for all of there stuff to come in. But again Rocio worked really hard with her staff, and they found some black overlays....it looked amazing!! As well she put the lights under the tables....it was exactly how I imagined it. I suggest that you get this as it is quite dark, and it added nice mood lighting. We also had a head table set up, we liked it better then sitting by ourselves (although it is Mexican tradition) Also, in Huatulco it doesn't get that chilly at night, most people didn't wear sweaters during the evening, the breeze is warm!!

We brought down our own music (ipod) and we had it all set up for every event. Ceremony, processional, recessional, dinner music, and dance. We didn't pay for any extra speakers. Rocio said that you can't have a wedding without music, so therefore the speakers are included!! Which is awesome....the sound was great...and their equipment is quite top of the line...so my husband told me!! *LOL* It's true that you can't go past 11pm, but it worked out well for us...a lot of my family was older that came, so they packed it in at that time. So some of my guests, and Scott and I headed up to the lobby bar, and had some drinks, and talked about the day. It was kind of a nice end, to the perfect day. I don't think that any of the brides that got married there went to the Disco after their reception. For one, it's super smoky (I guess it's like being at a bar, but in Canada, you aren't allowed to smoke in them anymore) the music sucked, and it's always DEAD!!!

I saw a wedding the next day at the gazebo, and they had it set up really nice. Only negative is all of the bystanders, in their bathing suits. (I don't like being center of attention, so that is not the place for me!!) Rocio also showed me some pictures if jenluvsmikes wedding...and it was beautiful down on the beach, again the only negative is the people in their bathing suits watching. There is one picture the photographer took looking up the aisle, and all you can see at the other end is a pretty heavy lady in her bathing suit looking back down, taking a picture...But the scenery you can not beat...If your looking out at the wedding your supposed to be looking at, and not all of the people around.

Our only complaint about the day was the flowers. They sucked, and pretty much looked like shit, as they fell apart. (especially the corsages, which I didn't end up paying for) Adrianna is the flower lady, and pretty much her quality is not up to par...Rocio has spoken with her, and she is kind of on her last limb, so hopefully you don't have to worry about it. :)

Rene (a guy) is the one that will be doing your make-up and hair...he is quite good, but a little slow. I pretty much liked everything he did...but I had to fix a little bit of my make-up. The hair wasn't exactly what I wanted either....but whatever, it still looked nice. (Bring a picture with you, at least then he will get it some what right!!!)

I saw the ballrooms...and they are really nice (all white) can't remember the flooring...sorry.

As for the rest of the package, make sure you get everything your entitled too. Well depending on what package you choose. We got the Ultimate package so we were entitled to Breakfast in bed, Dinner on the beach, massages ( you get one in the wedding package, and one in the honeymoon package) so make sure you get them both!!

Lastly the resort....it's phenomenal!! The food is great, the beach is awesome, the rooms are so nice, the staff are friendly....It's perfect. The only thing that kind of sucks is the entertainment....there isn't very much going on at night.

Hopefully this is helpful, and I wish you all the most amazing day of your lives!! It is such a beautiful resort. If you have any questions at all....please let me know!! I would be happy to answer any.

Thanks thanks thanks Andie!!!! YEs please send me pics!!!

nadinecloss@hotmail.com

Everything sounded so so awesome and it makes me so much more excited now to hear from someone who actually got married there! And now im thinking we should move our ceremony to the terrrace instead of the beach, b/c you said it was more private.

Cant wait to see the pics, send me as many as possible!! hehe

Andie,

Thanks so much for all the information! I was down there in January and met with everyone but it is great to have first hand experience of the wedding. I met with the florist and she seemed great. Can you please let me know why your flowers were awful? What kind of flowers did you choose? Also, I am interested in having the lights under the tables. Did they charge you for this? I am very interested in the pricing and what they charged your for. Can you provide any of this. I am changing up a lot of things, but I can't get the pricing. Can you please send me some pictures? My e-mail is slpal@mac.com.

Thanks so much!

Silver

Hello ladies!

Andie - congrats and thanks for the review, that is incredibly helpful to have an idea of what to expect.

I am leaving tomorrow morning, and my wedding is March 2nd - once I get back, I will update how it went.

Good luck and happy planning!!

Ang