Dreams Huatulco are there anymore brides?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessej View Post
Hi Ladies. I am also a Dreams Huatulco Bride. My name's Jessica, I live in Toronto and we're getting married the first week in March '09. (two months away--ahhhhh!!!)

we are still having troubles getting in contact with the resort. Any one else having these issues??
Hi Jessica - how's your progress? I've been feeling the same, but my only communication has been w/ my TA, not direct with resort. I think we are 2 of a few brides that will be there the first week in March! We booked the gold pkg, but as I mentioned in my previous post we are waiting to hear back to confirm everything in place. How did you set yours up?

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Ang,

My fiance and I are actually getting married the day AFTER you!! And it seems we will be on the same flight together on the 27th -- I'll be the "other" woman carrying a wedding dress :)

I've had a lot more contact with the resort, I've spoken with both wedding coordinators Anel and Rocio. Rocio speaks better english so I've mostly been in contact with her. I've sent a lot of info via emails, but I find her responses are no where near as descriptive as I want them to be. I've also been sent pics and pkg info, so if you want them you can email me at jesdaryl@hotmail.com and I will fwd them off to you.

We are getting married at the gazebo and she's been fighting for the terrace for our reception, but I am fighting her on it bc I want something WAYYYYY more private. We want to do a proper reception with dinner etc. and I dont want onlookers for it. Plus, no matter where I am I am ALWAYS COLD. I've been to Mexico, Dominican, Panama etc. and at night I always need to wear a sweater and I WILL NOT wear one with my wedding dress!! There has to be a place on the resort where they would have the dinner in the case of rain or storm or something. Has any other bride out there have luck choosing an alternative place to the terracehuh.gif

Also, if you want to book some tours you can contact Sheila Baird. She is the official travel agency associated with our Dreams Resort. She can give you tours and costs for them. Here is her information:

Sheila Baird

Destination Supervisor

Amstar Huatulco DMC

sbaird@amstarmexico.com

Welcome to Amstar, a Destination Management Company

Office: 52 958 58 72879

Cellular: 52 1 958 1061185

52 1 958 1004898

Also, if any one needs the number to the resort it is:52 958 583 0400 Don't forget for the 011 for international calls!

Let see what else can I tell you.... we picked the gold pkg too. We have 45 guests coming and its approc $65 more for each additional person over the 20 that the pkg allows...plus an extra 15%. We got the pics of the cakes and stuff if you havent picked thoose out.

The biggest questions I still have are about my dinner and reception. I want the dinner to be private as I said (we asked if we could rent out a restaurant for the nite but apprarently they are the first resort I've known NOT to do this)...So once we find another location, I need to find more out about Av equpt for dance etc.

The one thing you should note for the terrace dinner is that you ONLY have it till 10:30. THen they want you to move your party to the disco. I'm sorry -- but for me, NOT happening!!

I'll let you know more as I recieve it!!

Jessica

Hey Ang & Jessica!

Seems like a lot of us are in the same boat. I am also doing the gold package and will have around 45 guests as well. As of right now, we are doing a beach wedding with the reception on the beach. I have no idea what this will be like or where it will be on the beach. I have received all the photos, but I want to customize a lot of things. My fiance and I are going down next week to meet with Rocio, the florist, DJ and Fabian, the photographer. I plan on asking a lot of questions and I want to finalize as many details as possible.

I have had nothing but a great experience in dealing with Rocio and Anel. I was originally looking to do the wedding in Riveria Maya but could not get anyone to reply to my e-mails. Anel was fantastic from day one! Rocio has been pretty easy to work with, but it is difficult trying to finalize everything by e-mail.

As I get more information, I will share it.

Silver

Hey Ang & Jessica!

Seems like a lot of us are in the same boat. I am also doing the gold package and will have around 45 guests as well. As of right now, we are doing a beach wedding with the reception on the beach. I have no idea what this will be like or where it will be on the beach. I have received all the photos, but I want to customize a lot of things. My fiance and I are going down next week to meet with Rocio, the florist, DJ and Fabian, the photographer. I plan on asking a lot of questions and I want to finalize as many details as possible.

I have had nothing but a great experience in dealing with Rocio and Anel. I was originally looking to do the wedding in Riveria Maya but could not get anyone to reply to my e-mails. Anel was fantastic from day one! Rocio has been pretty easy to work with, but it is difficult trying to finalize everything by e-mail.

As I get more information, I will share it.

Silver

Hi Girls!

Silver - did you receive any new pictures?!

My sister is down in huatulco right now, her friend was getting married at a villa, but she actually ran into Jenluvsmike when they were out for dinner on saturday night! What a small world. She said Jen said to tell me that I have nothing to worry about, the resort is absolutely beautiful!

My sister also was at the resort yesterday (on my behalf) with Rocio, so im eagerly awaiting her email and pictures. She will either send them to me today or tomorrow when she gets home.

We re having a group of about 80 and are having our ceremony on the beach and our reception around the pool. Ang - there should be a ballroom to have your reception at? They do have one so if you wanted it inside, then most likely you would have it in there. I personally think the reception around the pool will be gorgeous and it will be at a time of night that there shouldnt be too many stragglers around. And if there is, whatever. Therei s also a patio bar off the backside of the lobby bar, which I think is where we will move to after the reception is over. We did this after our friends wedding at the dreams resort in punta cana and it was great. Oh, and about the weather. The weather is comopletely dif there (from what I have been told by people who have went there) than the mayan or puerta vallarta or the dominican. It does not cool down at night like those places and is very warm. IF you did get a little chilly, maybe a pashmina would work? Just some ideas!!

My sister just sent me alot of pics of the resort, and even a picture of her and my neice with Rocio. I fwd' them to the couple of you that I have your email addresses, but if anyone else wants me to send them to them. let me know! They dont have descriptions on them but there are alot, and she also took pics of the one part of the hotel that isnt quite completed yet.

Thanks thanks thanks for the pics! It looks so nice.

We have been in touch with Rocio - so far so good. If we were to arrive on friday - would it work to be married on Wednesday - as it says 4 days you have to be there? Also can you add the dinner to the "free" package?

thats actually what we are doing.. getting in on friday, getting married wednesday. I think you guys will be ok b/c you have to be there four days, not including the day you arrive, but including the day you get married, before you can get married. Apparently public holidays and weekends do not count in the four days though.. which is hard for us b/c we get there on the friday, which is xmas day, and then we have the weekend.. so i dont know if it will work for us or nothuh.gif we really want to get married legally there though, so hopefully they will let us get married on the wednesday...

It is so good seeing more brides joining this forum!

Nadine - thank you so much for the pictures. The resort looks great. It still seems like something is missing - like shrubs and flowers. I wonder if there is still work being done at the resort.

I am leaving this Thursday to go down there and come back on Sunday. I really want to see what the options are for the reception. I would love to hear from jenluvsmike to see how everything went - food, flowers, DJ, etc.

Ang & Jesse - are you guys using a DJ? Are either of you getting married on the beach?

There are so many things to plan. I have a list of questions that I am going to ask Rocio when I am down there.

Thanks to everyone for all the great information. This forum is the best way to share information!