Jump to content

Photo

Mid July Blog - Beach Weddings...


  • Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#11 anaderoux

anaderoux
  • Sr. Member
  • 3,220 posts

    Posted 29 July 2008 - 11:12 AM

    I loved your blog! I'm going to add you to my favorite blogs!

    #12 Mishka Designs

    Mishka Designs
    • Sr. Member
    • 1,574 posts

      Posted 29 July 2008 - 11:07 PM

      Quote:
      Originally Posted by soontobeamrs
      Thank you so much for your advice! I have been in Houston for a week without a computer so I appologize for the delay in response. Another question: How can you do the fishbowl idea without it looking cheesy or cheap I know there is a fine line between this a chic but it can be done~ You are so sweet for helping me out! Anytime someone on here is looking for a planner/designer on here I am referring them to you! You are awesome.
      No worries!! I just figured you were busy :). And thanks for the compliemnt - always nice to receive. :)

      RE: the fishbowl ... I really think it just depends on WHAT you put in it and how you surround it that keeps it from looking cheesey. One wedding, I used fish bowls, filled the bottom with salt half-way up. Then I placed lime-green mums in a circle above the salt and put a small class of water with gerber daisies sticking out of the top. The arrangement was so different that you really didn't even notice that it was a fishbowl.

      I think the same thing would work with your turqouise blue water and floating colorful gerbers - or you could do blue colored sand and press gerbers so they face on the outside - that would look cool and different as well.

      I'm not very good at how to attach photos (I tried several times), but here's what they looked like (to give you an idea).

      http://www.flickr.co...5942@N02/n7Eg91

      #13 Mishka Designs

      Mishka Designs
      • Sr. Member
      • 1,574 posts

        Posted 29 July 2008 - 11:09 PM

        Quote:
        Originally Posted by anacgarcia
        I loved your blog! I'm going to add you to my favorite blogs!
        Thanks!! How fun!!

        #14 kate.com

        kate.com

          VIP Member

        • VIP Member
        • 8,921 posts

          Posted 30 July 2008 - 10:52 AM

          Quote:
          Originally Posted by Mishka Designs
          No worries!! I just figured you were busy :). And thanks for the compliemnt - always nice to receive. :)

          RE: the fishbowl ... I really think it just depends on WHAT you put in it and how you surround it that keeps it from looking cheesey. One wedding, I used fish bowls, filled the bottom with salt half-way up. Then I placed lime-green mums in a circle above the salt and put a small class of water with gerber daisies sticking out of the top. The arrangement was so different that you really didn't even notice that it was a fishbowl.

          I think the same thing would work with your turqouise blue water and floating colorful gerbers - or you could do blue colored sand and press gerbers so they face on the outside - that would look cool and different as well.

          I'm not very good at how to attach photos (I tried several times), but here's what they looked like (to give you an idea).

          Click the image to open in full size.

          Click the image to open in full size.

          Click the image to open in full size.

          Click the image to open in full size.

          Click the image to open in full size.

          Click the image to open in full size.

          Click the image to open in full size.

          Click the image to open in full size.

          Click the image to open in full size.

          Click the image to open in full size.

          #15 kate.com

          kate.com

            VIP Member

          • VIP Member
          • 8,921 posts

            Posted 30 July 2008 - 10:54 AM

            oops! my dress ended up on the end of those pics. Oh well, you can see my style I guess:-)

            #16 Mishka Designs

            Mishka Designs
            • Sr. Member
            • 1,574 posts

              Posted 31 July 2008 - 05:19 PM

              Quote:
              Originally Posted by soontobeamrs
              oops! my dress ended up on the end of those pics. Oh well, you can see my style I guess:-)
              I think you have great style and you don't even need to ask anyone what you should do :):). The most economical version (of course) is the first photo you posted, but I also think the second photo posted shouldn't be too pricey!! When you get into orchids and lilies, of course, prices start to go up :). (loved seeing your dress and absolutely adore that veil!!! :).




              0 user(s) are reading this topic

              0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users