Just wondering if anyone here has ordered from this site (I tried searching/looking but haven't seen anything about this particular site yet...) Save the Date Wedding Magnets - Free Shipping - Photo Magnets - Custom Save the Date Magnet

We need to get our STDs out and are surprised at how time consuming it has been to find a "beachy" design that is also clean and sharp. You can order a sample for $3 off of this site but it would take 10 days to get here and we need to get this ball rolling!

This is the design we're looking at:

Click the image to open in full size.

I was also wondering if this is the typical material used for these types of magnets:

Quote:
Description: This magnet is printed on glossy paper and attached to a magnetic backing. No assembly required. (2 X 3.5")
150 magnets = $123

my friend used this site for her STDs. they turned out nice, however hers were larger than 2x3.5... which is basically a business card size. Hers were more the size of a note card.

you could always check out vista print. we wanted to do magnets as well, but in the end decided it wasn't worth the money.

Hi JaimieLynn-

I made a STD magnet from vistaprint. I created one with a picture of our feet in the sand that I had from when he proposed. I used the large size and I really like the way that it turned out. We have gotten nothing but compliments. Here is a screenshot of it because for some reason the link doesn't work.

http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/k...avethedate.jpg

Hope that helps in your decision. I'm also a Memorial day weekend 2009 bride!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvt View Post
my friend used this site for her STDs. they turned out nice, however hers were larger than 2x3.5... which is basically a business card size. Hers were more the size of a note card.

you could always check out vista print. we wanted to do magnets as well, but in the end decided it wasn't worth the money.
Uhhhm, yeah that's kinda weird that they turned out to be the size of a note card rather than a business card... I'm thinking most people don't have a ton of room on their fridges for my dinky little STD wink.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by yamille View Post
Hi JaimieLynn-
I made a STD magnet from vistaprint. I created one with a picture of our feet in the sand that I had from when he proposed. I used the large size and I really like the way that it turned out. We have gotten nothing but compliments. Here is a screenshot of it because for some reason the link doesn't work.
http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/k...avethedate.jpg

Hope that helps in your decision. I'm also a Memorial day weekend 2009 bride!
I definitely checked out VistaPrint as well as Magnet Street. However, I couldn't find a place that would let me customize it without a surcharge of around $75 (that's almost the amount for the entire order!).

Yamille, did you have to pay extra to create your own??

This is the pic that we would love to use if we could customize our own...
Click the image to open in full size.

I used vistaprint for our STD magnets. They are business card size, but they have larger ones too. I believe they are less expensive.

You can absolutely create your own for only $4.99 to upload your own photo. I''m certain of that becuase I think I only paid something like $70 for the entire order and I had a few other shipping costs on there for some of their "free" stuff. I want to say that the large size comes to like $1 per magnet. I thought that was inexpensive. I never checked the prices on that other website that you mentioned though. I'm also guessing that if you need more than 50 you save money- that's usually how these things work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yamille View Post
You can absolutely create your own for only $4.99 to upload your own photo. I''m certain of that becuase I think I only paid something like $70 for the entire order and I had a few other shipping costs on there for some of their "free" stuff. I want to say that the large size comes to like $1 per magnet. I thought that was inexpensive. I never checked the prices on that other website that you mentioned though. I'm also guessing that if you need more than 50 you save money- that's usually how these things work.
Thanks Yamille! It's not really about the price, since the majority of the sites I've been to only fluctuate within $25 (at the most) for 150 magnets. I'd rather get the best quality, and of course if I can upload my own photo that is great! I don't know how I missed this on VistaPrint! I spent hours researching this last night... hmmm, off to go check this out on VP. Thanks again, I will let you know if I need help figuring this out wink.gif