Jump to content

Photo

Has anyone used Savethedatemagnet.com?


  • Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 JaimeLynne

JaimeLynne
  • VIP Member
  • 4,791 posts

    Posted 14 July 2008 - 07:19 PM

    Just wondering if anyone here has ordered from this site (I tried searching/looking but haven't seen anything about this particular site yet...) Click the image to open in full size.

    I was also wondering if this is the typical material used for these types of magnets:
    Quote:
    Description: This magnet is printed on glossy paper and attached to a magnetic backing. No assembly required. (2 X 3.5")
    150 magnets = $123

    ~ Jaime & Martin ~
    "Rain or Swine! 2-0-0-9"

    We had 24 people attend our wedding in Las Caletas, Mexico on May 24th, 2009!

    We all stayed at The Marriott in P.V., and Honeymooned at The Royal Plantation in Ochos Rios, Jamaica!


    #2 tvt

    tvt
    • VIP Member
    • 4,812 posts

      Posted 14 July 2008 - 07:23 PM

      my friend used this site for her STDs. they turned out nice, however hers were larger than 2x3.5... which is basically a business card size. Hers were more the size of a note card.


      you could always check out vista print. we wanted to do magnets as well, but in the end decided it wasn't worth the money.

      #3 yamille

      yamille
      • Sr. Member
      • 1,460 posts

        Posted 14 July 2008 - 07:31 PM

        Hi JaimieLynn-
        I made a STD magnet from vistaprint. I created one with a picture of our feet in the sand that I had from when he proposed. I used the large size and I really like the way that it turned out. We have gotten nothing but compliments. Here is a screenshot of it because for some reason the link doesn't work.
        http://i280.photobuc....avethedate.jpg

        Hope that helps in your decision. I'm also a Memorial day weekend 2009 bride!

        #4 JaimeLynne

        JaimeLynne
        • VIP Member
        • 4,791 posts

          Posted 14 July 2008 - 07:50 PM

          Quote:
          Originally Posted by tvt
          my friend used this site for her STDs. they turned out nice, however hers were larger than 2x3.5... which is basically a business card size. Hers were more the size of a note card.


          you could always check out vista print. we wanted to do magnets as well, but in the end decided it wasn't worth the money.
          Uhhhm, yeah that's kinda weird that they turned out to be the size of a note card rather than a business card... I'm thinking most people don't have a ton of room on their fridges for my dinky little STD
          Hi JaimieLynn-
          I made a STD magnet from vistaprint. I created one with a picture of our feet in the sand that I had from when he proposed. I used the large size and I really like the way that it turned out. We have gotten nothing but compliments. Here is a screenshot of it because for some reason the link doesn't work.
          Click the image to open in full size.

          ~ Jaime & Martin ~
          "Rain or Swine! 2-0-0-9"

          We had 24 people attend our wedding in Las Caletas, Mexico on May 24th, 2009!

          We all stayed at The Marriott in P.V., and Honeymooned at The Royal Plantation in Ochos Rios, Jamaica!


          #5 Virg

          Virg
          • Member
          • 684 posts

            Posted 14 July 2008 - 07:52 PM

            I used vistaprint for our STD magnets. They are business card size, but they have larger ones too. I believe they are less expensive.
            Happily Ever After: June 1, 2006
            Made it legal : June 30, 2009


            http://i37.photobuck....h_IMG_8136.jpg

            #6 yamille

            yamille
            • Sr. Member
            • 1,460 posts

              Posted 14 July 2008 - 08:02 PM

              You can absolutely create your own for only $4.99 to upload your own photo. I''m certain of that becuase I think I only paid something like $70 for the entire order and I had a few other shipping costs on there for some of their "free" stuff. I want to say that the large size comes to like $1 per magnet. I thought that was inexpensive. I never checked the prices on that other website that you mentioned though. I'm also guessing that if you need more than 50 you save money- that's usually how these things work.

              #7 JaimeLynne

              JaimeLynne
              • VIP Member
              • 4,791 posts

                Posted 14 July 2008 - 08:06 PM

                Quote:
                Originally Posted by yamille
                You can absolutely create your own for only $4.99 to upload your own photo. I''m certain of that becuase I think I only paid something like $70 for the entire order and I had a few other shipping costs on there for some of their "free" stuff. I want to say that the large size comes to like $1 per magnet. I thought that was inexpensive. I never checked the prices on that other website that you mentioned though. I'm also guessing that if you need more than 50 you save money- that's usually how these things work.
                Thanks Yamille! It's not really about the price, since the majority of the sites I've been to only fluctuate within $25 (at the most) for 150 magnets. I'd rather get the best quality, and of course if I can upload my own photo that is great! I don't know how I missed this on VistaPrint! I spent hours researching this last night... hmmm, off to go check this out on VP. Thanks again, I will let you know if I need help figuring this out

                ~ Jaime & Martin ~
                "Rain or Swine! 2-0-0-9"

                We had 24 people attend our wedding in Las Caletas, Mexico on May 24th, 2009!

                We all stayed at The Marriott in P.V., and Honeymooned at The Royal Plantation in Ochos Rios, Jamaica!


                #8 JaimeLynne

                JaimeLynne
                • VIP Member
                • 4,791 posts

                  Posted 14 July 2008 - 08:11 PM

                  OK I remember the issue I was having! I cannot figure out how to make a vertical magnet!!! Horizontal - no problem. Vertical... Can anyone help?

                  ~ Jaime & Martin ~
                  "Rain or Swine! 2-0-0-9"

                  We had 24 people attend our wedding in Las Caletas, Mexico on May 24th, 2009!

                  We all stayed at The Marriott in P.V., and Honeymooned at The Royal Plantation in Ochos Rios, Jamaica!


                  #9 yamille

                  yamille
                  • Sr. Member
                  • 1,460 posts

                    Posted 14 July 2008 - 08:18 PM

                    here you go

                    http://www.vistaprin....ndex_designs=0

                    There is a vertical or horizontal option on the top. Let me know if this works for you.

                    #10 JaimeLynne

                    JaimeLynne
                    • VIP Member
                    • 4,791 posts

                      Posted 14 July 2008 - 08:21 PM

                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by yamille
                      here you go

                      http://www.vistaprin....ndex_designs=0

                      There is a vertical or horizontal option on the top. Let me know if this works for you.
                      Thanks. I guess you can only upload vertical images on the larger version..

                      ~ Jaime & Martin ~
                      "Rain or Swine! 2-0-0-9"

                      We had 24 people attend our wedding in Las Caletas, Mexico on May 24th, 2009!

                      We all stayed at The Marriott in P.V., and Honeymooned at The Royal Plantation in Ochos Rios, Jamaica!





                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users