Sign in to follow this  
quiche

Small & Simple Weddings

I'm sure some brides have had or are planning a small wedding for 10 or less. Are you planning to keep things simple since you have less people? I believe the bulk of my expenses will be travel and possibly photograpy. I'm having a hard time settling on a budget amount since I'm planning a smaller gathering. What are some of the things that you are doing to keep it simple?

Quote:
Originally Posted by quiche View Post
I'm sure some brides have had or are planning a small wedding for 10 or less. Are you planning to keep things simple since you have less people? I believe the bulk of my expenses will be travel and possibly photograpy. I'm having a hard time settling on a budget amount since I'm planning a smaller gathering. What are some of the things that you are doing to keep it simple?
I am moving this thread to the appropriate sub-forum - please pay attention to where you post as the Mods try very hard to keep the forum clean and organzied.

Thanks,
Alyssa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hartyt509 View Post
Mine will be small and thats my prob 2 - its costing me mega bucks travelling to mexico from the UK so everything else is going to be bare minimum
Are you planning on treating your guests to a tour or excursion since you'll have such a small group? I was thinking of doing this but I'm not sure if the budget will allow. I do want to express my appreciation to those who come in some type of way. Just not sure how yet..

Quote:
Sorry. Will do! I actually thought that I was in the Jamaica forum.
You did post it in the Jamaica section - that was the issue - the topic really has nothing to do with Jamaica or any specific location or site there - it is "Chit Chat" so I moved it here :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alyssa View Post
You did post it in the Jamaica section - that was the issue - the topic really has nothing to do with Jamaica or any specific location or site there - it is "Chit Chat" so I moved it here :)
Gotcha. I'm still learning. I now get what you are saying. Not all topics need to go in the Jamaica forum just because it's my location. Thanks for the clarification!

Quote:
Are you planning on treating your guests to a tour or excursion since you'll have such a small group? I was thinking of doing this but I'm not sure if the budget will allow. I do want to express my appreciation to those who come in some type of way. Just not sure how yet..
Nope we aren't paying anything for them - they are going on holiday and we are already taking a day out of their holiday for our wedding so not taking anymore of their time. Also if we do it for one we have to do it for everyone and I can't be with FMIL for more than 5 minutes before I want to stab her in the throat lmao

Our wedding was very intimate - we only invited our immediate families, so we had a total or 8 guests. We stayed at a Sandals resort for our entire trip, and our families stayed at a Beaches, and came to our resort for the wedding and reception. We kept things very simple, but opted for a few ceremony and reception upgrades, and still did the traditional first dance and father/daughter dances. We kept things simple by not taking suitcases full of OOT bag stuff. Instead we made small OOT bags and gave them out a couple of weeks before the wedding. We also didn't do a lot of DIY projects that we or our guests had to truck down to Jamaica. I made programs and that was it.

Bottom line is that our wedding was simple and beautiful, and because we didn't have to worry about putting together OOT bags at the resort, delivering OOT bags at the resort, or making sure we didn't go over our baggage limit bc we packed DIY projects and wedding decorations, we were able to thoroughly enjoy every minute before AND after our wedding.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmandaR View Post
Our wedding was very intimate - we only invited our immediate families, so we had a total or 8 guests. We stayed at a Sandals resort for our entire trip, and our families stayed at a Beaches, and came to our resort for the wedding and reception. We kept things very simple, but opted for a few ceremony and reception upgrades, and still did the traditional first dance and father/daughter dances. We kept things simple by not taking suitcases full of OOT bag stuff. Instead we made small OOT bags and gave them out a couple of weeks before the wedding. We also didn't do a lot of DIY projects that we or our guests had to truck down to Jamaica. I made programs and that was it.

Bottom line is that our wedding was simple and beautiful, and because we didn't have to worry about putting together OOT bags at the resort, delivering OOT bags at the resort, or making sure we didn't go over our baggage limit bc we packed DIY projects and wedding decorations, we were able to thoroughly enjoy every minute before AND after our wedding.

Thanks! OOT bags was another thing I was worried about. I was thinking of not giving them out at all. I did not want to lug a whole bunch of stuff out of town with me. So I think it's a great idea to give them out before the wedding. I haven't gotten to the DIY stage, but I'm sure it will be fun. I'm looking forward to trying some crafty projects, especially if it can save me $$ in the long run.