Photo

Any Iberostar Paraiso Maya brides out there??

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#11 amyrot

amyrot
  • 188 posts

Posted 03 May 2009 - 07:21 PM

I am planning my wedding for July 2010, and my first choice as of now is the Maya. I have not yet faxed my information to see if the date I've chosen will be 'mine'. I have been trying to read reviews, and it seems like the Iberostar's prices are very high.
    I have stayed at the Paraiso beach right next door, and I liked it a lot. I'm not concerned about the resort, but I just don't want unexpected financial surprises when I get there..... Now that I'm looking into all this, I'm getting a little worried.
    My second choice is the Riu palace mayan riviera. I just got engaged there 2 weeks ago. I loved it there, but it was smaller and more quiet, which is not a bad thing! so that is my second choice!

i am anxious to see how the brides whose weddings are coming up at the Lindo/Maya go!

#12 sjr133

sjr133
    • 16 posts

Posted 16 June 2009 - 09:01 AM

Hi,
      We're getting married at the Del Mar on July 15th and we were back and forth between the Lindo and the Del Mar. All of our guests are staying the the Lindo bt we are getting married at the Del Mar due to pricing and privacy. The Del Mar offers more of a reception atmosphere for cheaper that the Lindo. The Lindo you have to split it up 2hrs for dinner then move to your reception for 2 hours. We have a large group so we wanted it all in on place and the easiest and most cost effective. Hope this helps!!

#13 amyrot

amyrot
      • 188 posts

Posted 17 June 2009 - 11:58 AM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by sjr133
        Hi,
        We're getting married at the Del Mar on July 15th and we were back and forth between the Lindo and the Del Mar. All of our guests are staying the the Lindo bt we are getting married at the Del Mar due to pricing and privacy. The Del Mar offers more of a reception atmosphere for cheaper that the Lindo. The Lindo you have to split it up 2hrs for dinner then move to your reception for 2 hours. We have a large group so we wanted it all in on place and the easiest and most cost effective. Hope this helps!!
        I didn't know that about the lindo. I did end up booking and I"m getting married July 9th 2010 at the Maya...but lindo/maya are the same! I didn't know that about the dinner/reception. i don't plan to have a reception really...i don't think! i don't know! Are you using the Iberostar photographer?

#14 PamelaVan

PamelaVan
        • 34 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 10:14 AM

I have done a lot of research.......Hands down Iberostar based on what I have read, and those I have emailed.  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users