Photo

Any Iberostar Paraiso Maya brides out there??

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 happysappy2010

happysappy2010
  • 7 posts

Posted 14 July 2008 - 01:46 PM

I am in the beginning stages of planning my wedding and saw this hotel which looked very nice but would like to get some feedback from anyone that has had a wedding there. Thanks!

#2 briscoecrown

briscoecrown
    • 132 posts

Posted 14 July 2008 - 07:05 PM

Hi!! I'm getting married at Iberostar Maya on 6/5/09. I came across another posting that listed an Iberostar board--- IBEROSTAR BOARD - IBEROSTAR RESORT REVIEWS, PHOTOS & RESTAURANT MENUS

I found a lot of useful information there. It really helped with my decision making process.

#3 happysappy2010

happysappy2010
      • 7 posts

Posted 15 July 2008 - 10:19 AM

Hey thanks so much! I will look into it.

#4 beachbride08

beachbride08
        • VIP Member
        • 2,372 posts

Posted 15 July 2008 - 10:39 AM

I'm an Iberostar Lindo bride, but the packages are the same. If you need any info let me know, otherwise the Iberostar board that the other poster listed is a very valuable resource and I found a lot of info there.
          Michelle

#5 happysappy2010

happysappy2010
          • 7 posts

Posted 15 July 2008 - 11:43 AM

I think the one thing I am most confused about having a destination wedding is the legalities of the marriage. I am catholic and would like to have a catholic ceremony. I was thinking of going to the JP here in ny beforehand to get married and not telling anyone and then having the catholic ceremony in Mexico. But I'm not sure how this would work, would we have to go to a church? or can it be done at the resort? would it be recognized in the church here in the states? SO MANY QUESTIONS!!! and this is only the beginning. Thanks for your responses!

#6 Allaballa

Allaballa
            • 113 posts

Posted 15 July 2008 - 02:09 PM

I got married at the Del Mar. Feel free to ask any questions.

Happy planning.

#7 sunandrun

sunandrun
              • 74 posts

Posted 15 July 2008 - 03:53 PM

There is a beautiful chapel at the Iberostar complex in Riviera Maya. I think if you have a religous ceremony at the resort it is not legal. You have to have the legal civil ceremony. I am etting married at the Del Mar July 3, 2009. It is such a beautiful resort.

#8 jessygrl75

jessygrl75
                • 58 posts

Posted 16 July 2008 - 03:35 PM

I am also leaning toward the Iberostar resort. I am at my final planning stages of picking a resort and I am torn between the Barcelo or Iberostar.
                  Glad I found this thread with other iberstar brides. Thanks for asking the question?

#9 beachbride08

beachbride08
                  • VIP Member
                  • 2,372 posts

Posted 16 July 2008 - 04:24 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by happysappy2010
                    I think the one thing I am most confused about having a destination wedding is the legalities of the marriage. I am catholic and would like to have a catholic ceremony. I was thinking of going to the JP here in ny beforehand to get married and not telling anyone and then having the catholic ceremony in Mexico. But I'm not sure how this would work, would we have to go to a church? or can it be done at the resort? would it be recognized in the church here in the states? SO MANY QUESTIONS!!! and this is only the beginning. Thanks for your responses!
                    If you do the civil ceremony in Mexico it is legal in the US, there are requirements that you will need to take care as far as documents and getting blood tests in Mexico and I believe you and your witnesses have to be down there a certain amount of time prior to the wedding. We didn't want to have to do all that work, so we chose the blessing ceremony which is not legal in Mexico or in the US. We just had a legal ceremony at the court house and did not tell anyone since we are considering our Mexico wedding "the real one" even though the legal one is technically the real one.
                    Michelle

#10 alydeg

alydeg
                    • 4 posts

Posted 10 April 2009 - 10:25 PM

Getting married at the Iberostar Maya on 7~11~ 09

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users