Photo

RIU RM Palace Brides??

• Please log in to reply
4120 replies to this topic

#81 tylersgirl

tylersgirl
  • 1,681 posts

Posted 28 February 2009 - 08:55 AM

I am pretty sure the RIU won't budge on their prices. You should email them to find out. Riu Hotels & Resorts

#82 KLaBate54

KLaBate54
    • 438 posts

Posted 01 March 2009 - 02:06 PM

I am planning a March 2010 wedding at Riu PRM. I keep hearing that Chili's will not let you have a DJ and dancing. Does anyone know if this is allowed if it is rented out as a private reception? Thanks for everyones help so far!
      *Katie*

#83 T&A_alltheway

T&A_alltheway
      • 6 posts

Posted 02 March 2009 - 12:14 PM

Thanks for the head's up Tylersgirl!
        Did anyone else expect planning a destination wedding to be easier than a traditional wedding?!?

#84 edoherty

edoherty
        • 14 posts

Posted 05 March 2009 - 10:06 PM

Hey everyone! My FI and I have decided on the RIU Palace. Has anyone elected to get the DJ? Do we know if it's any good?

I am so excited to be doing the DW thing... but am a bit nervous about all the unknown.

Also- does anyone have good ideas about what you are going to put in your welcome bags?

Erin

#85 tylersgirl

tylersgirl
          • 1,681 posts

Posted 06 March 2009 - 09:39 AM

I am not getting the DJ but I know girls on here have. I am bringing my IPOD with a Bose Docking Station to play and save $$$.

Yes, planning a DW has been really exciting!!!

I am not doing welcome bags but most of the girls put in sunscreen, immodium, koozies, etc....just do a search on OOT bags and there will be tons of ideas pop up. If you do not know how to do a search, just go to the top of this website and click the Search tab, type your topic in the space and click Go!

Hope that helped you out a bit! Congrats on getting married at the RPRM!!!

#86 edoherty

edoherty
            • 14 posts

Posted 07 March 2009 - 01:44 PM

Thanks for the info TylerGirl! I am excited to hear how your wedding goes, especially with the IPod. That is an idea we have been tossing around as well.

#87 KimmyG

KimmyG
              • 520 posts

Posted 17 March 2009 - 01:22 PM

With the DJ being $1000, I'd rather buy a KiCK BUTT transportable BOSE system to bring with us- it'll cost way less and you'll be able to keep it at the end! Additionally, you won't have to worry about a dj busting out the chicken dance and macarena!

#88 destinationbridegina

destinationbridegina
                • 160 posts

Posted 19 March 2009 - 02:25 PM

I was wondering if anyone has a copy or knows what their ceremony script is like. , and if you were allowed to change it if you preferred to have something to your liking. :)

#89 carrieo

carrieo
                  • 10 posts

Posted 22 March 2009 - 06:31 PM

Hi everyone. This is such a helpful forum!

I'm wondering if anyone has hired a local photographer for their wedding at the RPRM? We want to have someone local, but not the resort photographers. Will the resort let us? All I've heard so far from them is that they "prohibit the entrance of external photographers."

There must be some way around this?

Thanks for your input!

#90 chloe55

chloe55
                    • 162 posts

Posted 23 March 2009 - 12:05 AM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by carrieo
                      Hi everyone. This is such a helpful forum!

I'm wondering if anyone has hired a local photographer for their wedding at the RPRM? We want to have someone local, but not the resort photographers. Will the resort let us? All I've heard so far from them is that they "prohibit the entrance of external photographers."

There must be some way around this?

Thanks for your input!
                      Hey Carrieo,

You can hire an outside photog if you book a room for them for at least 1 night. This way, they are considered a guest and are welcome to take photos just like the rest of your guests would be. They used to just charge a fee for outside vendors, but have completely done away with that. This is the new way around that. If the photographer is local, this way could actually be less expensive, I think the fee used to be in the neighborhood of 400. Hope this helps!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users