So if you bring your own chair bows, is it you and your bridesmaids setting them up minutes before the ceremony? Do you have to pay the resort staff to do it? Does anyone know? I'm undecided if I'd bring them/buy them/skip them.

Does anyone know if the wait staff will bring drinks to you while you're lounging on the beach? I think I've read too many reviews and have gotten confused! At some resorts you wave a green flag and that's their cue to get you a refill!! I don't think that was Riu though...

KimmyG-I think that you can give the chair bows to the wedding coordinator and she will put them on the chairs at no additional charge. Also, I am pretty sure they will bring you drinks on the beach. Just make sure to tip them b/c then they will come back frequently to check on ya! They don't have the green flag at the RIU. I have never been, but my FI has been to RIU's. Hope that helped you!

Hey all! I think I have decided on the RIU! I was previously going to do Azul, but decided to keep searching due to my date preference. I LOVE THE GAZEBO area at the RIU...so gorgeous!!!

The forum has been so helpful, especially reading the concerns with the reception, as I have the same questions! Does anyone know what the point of renting the disco is? My mom asked me if you rent it out, do they play YOUR music, or are you just renting it to party there with whatever music they normally play?

Tylersgrl: Are you still planning to bring your IPOD with a bose system? I love this idea but it seems like theres trouble allowing it to be set it up anywhere! Because the package price includes dinner for 50, I find it silly to pay an extra $1700 to make it private. However I would really like to have dancing for a few hours. Just wondered how everyone else is dealing with this issue!

tylersgirl-

The bouquet was standard, they let you choose from 4 different options. I wanted some color so that is the one I chose, also we got to pick the color of Garrett's rose. I did have to pay extra for the flowers for my hair and my flower girls hair.

Travel mugs we got online (discountmugs.com) but in trying to save space we re-packed them and it was not good. 25 of them were broke when we got there, the airlines really beat up the luggage. Lucky for us we packed enough extras and it worked out fine. Garrett's mom designed the logo for us and we put on it, a palm treen and then the saying I got from the forum " To have and to hold and to keep your drink cold".

Yes it is a very large king bed in the suite, with two jacuzzi tubs (one inside and one on the second balcony), walk in closet, sitting area, it is so nice! You are going to love it, congrats and I'm getting excited for you!

Jaime

Thank so much Jaime-you are a doll!!! I am so excited about the 2-story suite.

JPJC Wedding-I am so glad you are choosing the RPRM!!! The gazebo was one of the main reasons I chose this resort too! I think it is just so pretty. I love that the beach will be in the background. =) Yes, I am still planning on bringing the Bose system with the IPOD. I am not paying the extra $1700 b/c it will be semi-private and I don't really care if people are nearby. We will have fun among ourselves. Also, I am having a huge AHR when I get home so I need to keep the costs down in Mexico. I don't know about the hookup for the IPOD. I know girls on here have done it before....I am just going to have to search to find the thread. CONGRATS! Let us know if you have anymore questions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tylersgirl View Post
Thank so much Jaime-you are a doll!!! I am so excited about the 2-story suite.

JPJC Wedding-I am so glad you are choosing the RPRM!!! The gazebo was one of the main reasons I chose this resort too! I think it is just so pretty. I love that the beach will be in the background. =) Yes, I am still planning on bringing the Bose system with the IPOD. I am not paying the extra $1700 b/c it will be semi-private and I don't really care if people are nearby. We will have fun among ourselves. Also, I am having a huge AHR when I get home so I need to keep the costs down in Mexico. I don't know about the hookup for the IPOD. I know girls on here have done it before....I am just going to have to search to find the thread. CONGRATS! Let us know if you have anymore questions.
I'm so glad too! I'm REALLY excited!! Thanks so much for your response, you're so helpful! I also don't care if the dinner is private or not...and would love to save the extra $. Are you planning to do a cocktail hour? I'm also torn on this and wonder if it is considered "rude" to let guests do their own thing before the reception, or just tell them to all gather in one place since it's all inclusive? Also, last question, where in Texas are you from? My mom grew up there and thus I have relatives ALL over the state. Just Curious! Thanks again :)

Thanks! Well, I am still unsure about the cocktail hour. I think I might just be letting my guests do their own thing. I know they won't mind =) We will probably just head to the nearest bar, haha. I read over the appetizers that they can serve during the cocktail hour and to be honest, they looked gross to me. I don't think I am going to arrange anything for that. I will just see what happens. The group I have going to Mexico aren't too formal and they will be glad to just do their own thing. I am from Southeast Texas...Beaumont to be exact. It is about an hour from Houston, near the Louisiana border. Where is your family from?

That sounds great. My group is also very spontaneous and fun, so I don't necessarily feel the need to entertain them, although I am considering it if I have extra money. My family is from all over: Houston, Clearlake, Dallas, Galveston (lost a lot in the hurricane), San Antonio, Corpus Christie, Plano, and Austin! My mom was married in Galveston and was begging me to do the same.... I told her our Chicago crew would much rather an all inclusive trip to Mexico, and the TX folk are glad we picked Mexico too, because it's so cheap for them! By the way, I'm standing up in a wedding on 8.1.09 and will be wishing it was in a tropical area!!