• Please log in to reply
4120 replies to this topic

#561 tylersgirl

tylersgirl
  • 1,681 posts

Posted 12 June 2009 - 02:00 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by jetsbride
    ...and I love your new siggy picture Desiree!
    Thank you! I was getting bored with my old siggy pic.

#562 jetsbride

jetsbride
    • 794 posts

Posted 12 June 2009 - 02:28 PM

My siggy says 5 months today!!!!

Time is just flying by!!!

#563 tylersgirl

tylersgirl
      • 1,681 posts

Posted 12 June 2009 - 03:07 PM

whoohooo! 5 months-you don't have long to go now!

#564 KimmyG

KimmyG
        • 520 posts

Posted 13 June 2009 - 06:06 PM

The pics of the gazebo are making me excited!
          Desiree- your dress is HOT!!!! So beautiful! Thanks for sharing the link to the blog, there's some great information there, so glad to see it. That is also making me very excited!

I was wondering about heels sinking into the grass too... hmm. Was thinking about going with flip flops instead? :)

I think I want the mariachi band to play during the cocktail hour. There price is $600 for 45 min... that doesn't seem very long. Any past RPRM brides have advice?
          I think it would be nice to have the harpist during the ceremony but it would be very pricey to hire both harpist and mariachi. Also, what instruments are in the trio? On the blog it looked like a harpist and 2 banjos, lol, the blog says they bring a "caribbean vibe" to the wedding. Anyone heard them play or know anything about them?

#565 KLaBate54

KLaBate54
          • 438 posts

Posted 13 June 2009 - 09:58 PM

Kimmy- I'm actually wondering the same thing about the mariachi band and Mexican trio. I would love for one of them to play during the cocktail hour, but I really have no idea what the difference is between the two options. I wish they had recordings that we could preview or something. I kind of like the sounds of having a "Caribbean" vibe though, so if that's the case then I would prefer the trio!
            *Katie*

#566 KimmyG

KimmyG
            • 520 posts

Posted 13 June 2009 - 11:42 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by KLaBate54
              I wish they had recordings that we could preview or something. I kind of like the sounds of having a "Caribbean" vibe though, so if that's the case then I would prefer the trio!
              I wanted a preview too, so I went to YouTube! I was hoping someone might have posted their wedding with the live music, but I didn't actually find anything.
              I wonder if the wedding coordinators will arrange for you to listen to each of them play (perhaps at someone else's wedding or event) before you have to make a decision? That won't work if you arrive 2 days before the wedding, but it'd really help make a decision!

#567 KLaBate54

KLaBate54
              • 438 posts

Posted 14 June 2009 - 10:24 PM

Kimmy- That's actually a good idea! I'm getting there six days before my wedding, so maybe I'll be able to hear them at someone else's before I have to decide!
                *Katie*

#568 jetsbride

jetsbride
                • 794 posts

Posted 16 June 2009 - 11:26 AM

Are any of you ladies doing a TTD?
                  I wonder what the cost is to do this at RPRM?

Desiree - Did Ael say anything about the possibility of hiring the photograher for a TTD photo shoot?

#569 JOSIE

JOSIE
                  • 1,792 posts

Posted 16 June 2009 - 11:31 AM

weird - I was just going to ask this. I'm torn on TTD, but considering DIY style and having my BF take the pics?

#570 jetsbride

jetsbride
                    • 794 posts

Posted 16 June 2009 - 11:56 AM

Oh, that would be a good idea Josie!!

I think if it is more then say $400 then I will probably just do it on my own too. Are you buying a TTD or using your wedding dress? I don't really want to spend more $$ on another dress but I am not sure about using my actual dress either.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users