4120 replies to this topic

#4081 Icis

Icis
  • 374 posts
  • Wedding Date:December 8, 2014
  • Wedding Location:Riu Palace Riviera Maya
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 25 October 2013 - 03:34 PM

I worry about the same thing. Does anyone know about the music situation?

#4082 lgann83

lgann83
  • 12 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 07:11 AM

From what I have read from the website regarding music is you must have a private reception to have music in general.  So if you are doing the semi-private reception, music is out of the question.  If you are doing the private reception, you can pay to have speakers set up for your ipod but I am pretty sure it is close to the price of having a DJ.  Many brides seem to have just gone with the DJ since prices were so similar. 

We are doing the semi-private reception and choosing not to have music, but we were wondering about the nightlife scene at the resorts.  Is there anywhere where my guests and I can go dance the night away?  I heard there is a disco at the RIUTequila, but haven't heard what its like.  ANYONE have any ideas about what to do after the dinner if not doing a private reception? 

#4083 liz24

liz24
    • 209 posts
    • Wedding Date:November 13, 2014

Posted 04 November 2013 - 07:37 AM

From what I have read from the website regarding music is you must have a private reception to have music in general.  So if you are doing the semi-private reception, music is out of the question.  If you are doing the private reception, you can pay to have speakers set up for your ipod but I am pretty sure it is close to the price of having a DJ.  Many brides seem to have just gone with the DJ since prices were so similar.  We are doing the semi-private reception and choosing not to have music, but we were wondering about the nightlife scene at the resorts.  Is there anywhere where my guests and I can go dance the night away?  I heard there is a disco at the RIUTequila, but haven't heard what its like.  ANYONE have any ideas about what to do after the dinner if not doing a private reception? 

I'm choosing to have a semi-private dinner with a private cocktail after at the Daquiri bar. At the private cocktail they are letting me have music.

#4084 iryna10

iryna10
    • 14 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 07:40 PM

Hello ladies I am going for a site visit on December 9 th 2013 at Riu palace mexico. Please let me know if there are any questions that you would like answered

#4085 liz24

liz24
      • 209 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 08:01 PM

Will do!!! I can't think of anything right now. Have you looked into photographers? The one they provide seems a little pricey. So I was thinking of paying the $200 and getting an outside photographer. Any suggestions??

#4086 iryna10

iryna10
      • 14 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 09:31 PM

I will be hiring de sol photography

#4087 liz24

liz24
        • 209 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 11:24 AM

I will be hiring de sol photography

What was their pricing? Around average for just wedding photos for the whole day?

#4088 gallardo films

gallardo films
        • Vendor
        • 632 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 06:10 PM

I'm sure your visit will be a great success

#4089 gallardo films

gallardo films
          • Vendor
          • 632 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 06:17 PM

she is a great photographer in mexico

#4090 iryna10

iryna10
            • 14 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 03:28 PM

What got $3000 and up (depending on the photographer you go with) for 5 hrs. It sounds like a lot but at the end of the day you get what you pay for.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users