Originally Posted by LukyJ View Post

I've just reserved for my wedding group at RIU Palace RM!  Getting married April 26, but the ceremony and recpetion will both be off the resort.  We'll probbaly do a couple other events on the resort like rehearsal dinner and maybe a welcome party.  Can't wait.

Congrats!

I'm thinking of OOT bags at this resort.  Do the minibars have any snacks in them?  I know its all inclusive but sometimes it's nice to have small things like chips or crackers in the room.  I thought I would include them if not already provided.  Everything I can find about the minibar just focuses on the bottle dispensors!  

Sorry to say no snacks in the minibar.  There are refreshments in the refrigerator (soda, water & beer) as well as the liquor dispensers on the wall.  There is 24 hour room service though.

Luky 

Thanks Elissae!

I'm definitely going to put snacks in the bags.  Last time I was at an AI it was nice to that there were some small things like chips in the room.  Sometimes we were just peckish and wanted something small.  My mom is really getting into the OOT on my behalf - hopefully snacks will be filling in the bags and relatively cost - effective.

I loved all your posts and reviews by the way - made me very excited for the RIU RM.  Did your guests walk into Playa del Carmen or to the other nearby RIU resorts at all? 

Luky

Originally Posted by LukyJ View Post

Thanks Elissae!

I'm definitely going to put snacks in the bags.  Last time I was at an AI it was nice to that there were some small things like chips in the room.  Sometimes we were just peckish and wanted something small.  My mom is really getting into the OOT on my behalf - hopefully snacks will be filling in the bags and relatively cost - effective.  That is awesome.  Your guests will appreciate it.

I loved all your posts and reviews by the way - made me very excited for the RIU RM.  Did your guests walk into Playa del Carmen or to the other nearby RIU resorts at all?   Thank you...I wish I could do it all over again.  Best day of my life.  It's a wonderful resort.  I've been there twice and we are planning on visiting there again Spring 2015.  Yes, our guests explored downtown as well as some of the other Riu properties.  It is very easy to navigate your way around there.

Luky

Hi everyone! I just booked my wedding for july 12, 2014. From the reviews here I see that many brides are choosing to have the reception at the steakhouse- Chillis. Can anyone give me more info about the food? I was wondering what they serve and what kind of rating they would give it. Also, does anyone know what it looks like?

I would also really like to have either fireworks or a fire show for my guests. Is anyone planning that or did that in the past? Im just so nervous!

Thanks everyone for your help!

Hi, Everyone :)

I've been trying to search through the thread, but really can't find it. Riu Palace RM is my top 3 finalists, but I am having a hard time deciding. :( Does anyone know whether we have to pay the external vendor fee at Riu Palace RM, if I hire an outside photographer, and if so, how much it is?

Thanks!!!

Are the vendors fees different for different services?  I want to bring in an outside hair and make-up team to our room for getting ready instead of using the spa.  How much is a vendor fee for that?  If they bring two people instead of one do I have to pay it twice?

Thanks

HI there,

We decided to bring our own photographer and we will pay the $200 vendor fee.  I think that fee is applicable for each outside vendor you bring in.  So if you decide to have an outside Photographer and DJ, you will be pay two vendor fees ($400).  I hope that helps:)

~Shannon & Dennis

Wedding Date November 9, 2013

Riu Palace Riviera Maya

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Everyone!

I am very excited to finally make my decision on the resort, reception and the ceremony locations. It has been a few tough and busy weeks. I am strongly leaning toward RIU Palace Mexico only because the rooms are newer than Riviera Maya's.

I will have both, the ceremony and the reception off site, but will hold few events in the hotel. Does anyone have any info on rehearsal dinner? Can you have a semi-private rehearsal dinner at one of the restaurants? Also, does anyone know whether there is an outside vendor fee for a photographer even though the wedding itself is off-site?