We have booked Fine Art Studio for our photography. He was the cheapest I could find for the quality I was looking for. We are doing the $2800 package but instead of doing the TTD session we are adding two hours of photography onto our wedding day for a total of 8 hours. I was told that for the private reception at Chili's it must begin at 8:45. Good point about the DJ...that is only about 2 hours. UGH! I wonder if they could extend the reception until later or if we could get into the restaurant earlier.... Great job on the cups! They are super cute! I too am worried about transporting all of the stuff for the OOT bags down to Mexico. We are going to have SO much luggage with us!

Quote:
Originally Posted by elissae View Post

Nix - feel free to LURK anytime!  We love having you still here with us!!!  xoxo  Thanks for all the su!pport & helpful information

Hi Jen!  Welcome back - I remember seeing you on the boards a few months back!  Your wedding is right around the corner!  You must be so exited.  Quick question - did you book a photographer?  May I ask who?  This is my next decision to make.

I, too and hoping to do a private reception at Chili's with the resort DJ.  Although I am concerned with the mixed information I've read about what time your private reception can begin.  7 or 8:45?  It would seem ridiculous to have a DJ for 2 hours...since they make you shut down music at 11 as a courtesy to other resort guests.  Have you received any information in this at all?

My FI and I are doing OOT bags.  1 per couple or 1 per person if friends are sharing a room.  As far as plastic cups - I bought acrylic tumblers at the Christmas Tree Shop this spring.  This should be interesting transporting these - I may have to break seals and remove straws so nothing breaks.

Tumblers 1.JPG Tumblers 2.JPG

Quote:

Emily - I am sure this will be fine.  When you firm up details with them 2 months prior to your wedding date - that is when you have to supply a full list of your guests so they can make sure that 80% of them are booked at the resort.  But Nix is right!  Doesn't hurt to keep them in the loop.  More information is always better than less!

Originally Posted by shes2013 View Post

When do I figure out who will be my wedding coordinator? Do I have to wait the 2 months prior to my wedding to find that out? If I have any changes, who should I be contacting? The sales executive? I'm so lost right now! 

I emailed the resort in July 2010 (getting married may 2011)  for the first time and asked that same question. Then i was in touch with Nancy on and off for the duration :-) Email them, the longest i ever had to wait on a reply was about 48 hours.

xx

Nix - feel free to LURK anytime!  We love having you still here with us!!!  xoxo  Thanks for all the support & helpful information

Thanks Elissae x

Im going to be a bridesmaid on the 19th July.... its so exciting, ive never been a bridesmaid before :-) I just love weddings x

Thanks for your help guys, I truly appreciate it. I'm just so stressed, and I know I don't need to be, but life's just making it that way! ha. Also I was wondering, does anyone know how many weddings they do a day? If so, how do they accomadate everyone's receptions?? Curious!

Emily - I think I read somewhere they only do 2 weddings a day ....although I cannot recall where I saw that, but that is what sticks in my head.  

Originally Posted by Nicyx View Post

I love these they are great :-) Brilliant idea x

Thanks Sweetie!  And congrats on being a Bridesmaid!  I am a professional one!  haha ( NOT NO MORE!  BRIDE IT IS! )

So Paola (sales) got back to me, and she confirmed what you guys were telling me.

She said I am supposed to let her know, but also said "However, it will be better to modify this in your wedding booking one month prior your wedding as you will have final numbers."   Best Regards,   Paola   So thats an official relief! But i'm still slacking on booking. haha. I'm going to find out nothings left! I know I could reduce my stress that much more by booking. My fiance just keeps twirling around, messing with my head on things though! His mom is being a pain too, not trusting in the travel agent. I have heard nothing but good reviews about Wendy though, so i'm not about to let her change my mind!   Everyone around here seems so calm, I need to follow suit! =D

Emily - I think I read somewhere they only do 2 weddings a day ....although I cannot recall where I saw that, but that is what sticks in my head.  

Yes i think you are right..... im sure its a maximum of 2. I read that somewhere or i was told it!!! xx

I have a Ann Summers hen party on Saturday then heading into town, will possibly post some piccys for you girls to have a look at.... haha, I will also post my bridesmaid shoes and dress too, if you girls wana see?

Nic x

So Paola (sales) got back to me, and she confirmed what you guys were telling me.

She said I am supposed to let her know, but also said "However, it will be better to modify this in your wedding booking one month prior your wedding as you will have final numbers."   Best Regards,   Paola   So thats an official relief! But i'm still slacking on booking. haha. I'm going to find out nothings left! I know I could reduce my stress that much more by booking. My fiance just keeps twirling around, messing with my head on things though! His mom is being a pain too, not trusting in the travel agent. I have heard nothing but good reviews about Wendy though, so i'm not about to let her change my mind!   Everyone around here seems so calm, I need to follow suit! =D

Thats great news :-) One less thing to think about!!

You know the stress is all part and parcel of it.... you will look back one day and think.... eh? why did i worry about that? or why did i worry about this? but it will all add to the experience of wedding planning :-) and on the day it will all be worth it x

xx