• Please log in to reply
4120 replies to this topic

#3431 Nicyx

Nicyx
  • 2,914 posts

Posted 23 February 2011 - 01:08 PM

Originally Posted by SeeFlowers 

My dress :)

I know. When I first found this site I remember being so envious of the brides who were right around the corner! Seems like just yesterday...haha. I am already starting my planning thread! Now if only I could remember how to post pictures here...

What i have started to do when i need to post a pic, because they cahnged it when they changed the lay out of this site, and i cant do it straight from photobucket anymore :-( Ive started to save the pic to desktop 1st then when im in the reply box typing the little pic (insert mouse over then... its says insert image) then click browse then serch the desk top? there may be an easier way but i cant find it........

Yes i kinda started my planning thread on a word doc... i will copy and paste when i come to post :-) x

#3432 jrb

jrb
    • 83 posts

Posted 23 February 2011 - 02:06 PM

I'M BACK!!!

We just got home last night from our week at the Riu Palace Riviera Maya with 92 guests and everything was beyond Amazing!!  I am not sure where to start.

We met with Nancy on Wednesday and made all the arrangements for our Saturday wedding. 

Saturday we started out with our legal ceremony in our hotel room with just our parents.  Then we had our religious ceremony at 4pm with our own rabbi.  It was in the gazebo and we had white chairs for everyone.  They played the music I had brought down on my ipod.  The tropical flowers were so beautiful.  I had my hair done at the salon and they did a great job.  After the ceremony we all went to the plaza for about three hours of cocktails.  We paid extra for Mexican appitizers and they were so good!  At about 8:30pm we all headed over to chilis for an amazing dinner and dancing.  The DJ was the best ever!  Service was amazing.  We paid extra to have the place to ourselves, and had to kick people out---our party just looked that good.  We also arranged the night before for a welcome dinner in the buffet, they set it all up for us, and it felt very private.

Bottom line....everything was amazing and I am sad to be home in the cold.

#3433 SeeFlowers

SeeFlowers
      • 212 posts

Posted 23 February 2011 - 05:22 PM

Originally Posted by celestial419 

SeeFlowers- beautiful dresses!  where did you get your legal dress from? I've been looking everywhere for a simple white dress for my legal day.

V- how exciting!  I agree with Nic, remember just 12 months ago... seemed so far away huh?  now its ur turn! 

Thanks all for the compliments... I originally saw the legal dress at Macy's for $125!! ...but then I went to Burlington Coat Factory and the same Calvin Klein dress was $39! It was meant to be :)

Riu Palace Riviera Maya- April 29,2011

#3434 SeeFlowers

SeeFlowers
        • 212 posts

Posted 23 February 2011 - 05:24 PM

Originally Posted by jrb 

I'M BACK!!!

We just got home last night from our week at the Riu Palace Riviera Maya with 92 guests and everything was beyond Amazing!!  I am not sure where to start.

We met with Nancy on Wednesday and made all the arrangements for our Saturday wedding. 

Saturday we started out with our legal ceremony in our hotel room with just our parents.  Then we had our religious ceremony at 4pm with our own rabbi.  It was in the gazebo and we had white chairs for everyone.  They played the music I had brought down on my ipod.  The tropical flowers were so beautiful.  I had my hair done at the salon and they did a great job.  After the ceremony we all went to the plaza for about three hours of cocktails.  We paid extra for Mexican appitizers and they were so good!  At about 8:30pm we all headed over to chilis for an amazing dinner and dancing.  The DJ was the best ever!  Service was amazing.  We paid extra to have the place to ourselves, and had to kick people out---our party just looked that good.  We also arranged the night before for a welcome dinner in the buffet, they set it all up for us, and it felt very private.

Oh wow! Congrats! I'm happy you had a great wedding!!  Can't wait to read your full review :)

Riu Palace Riviera Maya- April 29,2011

#3435 JNagan2011

JNagan2011
          • 451 posts

Posted 23 February 2011 - 08:33 PM

hey... not on here much anymore but just catching up. I did have two guests add on the week before. All I did was email Nancy with their names, where they were staying and dates there. It was absolutely no problem. Luckily I had extra mugs :) So don't worry!

Originally Posted by vlvetter7 

Seeflowers - your dresses are awesome! I love them.

We have a couple people still telling us they are coming too. I am basically counting them out at this poont and if they decide to come the week before then I will deal with it then.

I am a little worried about my OOT bags too. I sure hope I don't have any issues with customs.

#3436 Nicyx

Nicyx
            • 2,914 posts

Posted 23 February 2011 - 11:19 PM

Originally Posted by jrb 

I'M BACK!!!

Welcome back :-) Sounds fab so far, im with seeflowers, cant wait for the full review!!!! CONGRATULATIONS :-) xx

#3437 tina123

tina123
              • Banned
              • 3 posts

Posted 24 February 2011 - 12:39 AM

good!wish you have a good day!

shoes Wholesale

<a href="http:// www.welljordans.com ">shoes  Wholesale</a>

#3438 tina123

tina123
                • Banned
                • 3 posts

Posted 24 February 2011 - 12:39 AM

good!

#3439 tina123

tina123
                  • Banned
                  • 3 posts

Posted 24 February 2011 - 12:40 AM

hope you have a good day!

#3440 vlvetter7

vlvetter7
                    • 293 posts

Posted 24 February 2011 - 05:48 AM

Welcome back JRB!!! I can't wait to hear all about it and see pictures! Dying to see how your hair came out- I think I remember you saying you have curly hair and were worried about it. I think I am doing the same thing as you with regard to ceremony, cocktail hour and then dinner too!  By any chance are you on facebook?

Jen - thanks for popping in! We miss you!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users