RIU RM Palace Brides??

• Please log in to reply
4120 replies to this topic

#2981 vlvetter7

vlvetter7
  • 293 posts

Posted 01 September 2010 - 12:48 PM

Thanks Linds.

Staicy - what makes you think the prices are much higher at the Riu Palace Mexico too? It might be just a miscommunication...? You could always email the corporate group - they are REALLY helpful in giving answers when the individiaul coordiators seem to be taking awhile...

Ana Hernandez works as a Riu Sales Exec and has been helpful answering some of my questions - ahernandez@riu.com

#2982 dana

dana
    • 285 posts

Posted 01 September 2010 - 01:38 PM

I just got contacted by the wedding coordinator. I'll email her back, but no prices listed for private reception in the first email. I'll let you know what I find out.

Staicy- That's funny, I stayed at the RIU Mexico last January, but I like the Riviera Maya better.

#2983 dana

dana
      • 285 posts

Posted 01 September 2010 - 02:02 PM

For past brides, where did you have your cocktail hour? Even though I was there I can't remember where the Lyrico Bar was? The other option is the Habana bar which I'm almost positive is the bar with the piano off the main lobby?

#2984 *Linds*

*Linds*
        • 5,776 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 03:59 AM

My cocktail hour took place at the bar in the theatre. They set us up outside and we had 2 servers taking our orders from the bar in the performing theatre area. We were all seated outside.

I liked the Riviera Maya much better than the Mexico..

Loving married life! <3

#2985 dana

dana
          • 285 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 05:28 AM

Thanks Linds that was what I was leaning towards b/c I love being outside.

#2986 Staicy2000

Staicy2000
            • 34 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 09:54 AM

Dana this is what Gabriela wrote me couple days ago:

Private dinner is offered  from 7pm  to 10pm to up to 50 guests  with El Patio menu, DJ  and open bar for 2500 USD.
                Ael in May told me 7-11 for 2000$   vlvetter7: she sent me a new Price list for Palace resorts but I have the other one that Ael sent me awhile ago with lower prices and it says 2010 price list on both.   How can I be that those prices are not gona increase again

Attached Files

#2987 Staicy2000

Staicy2000
              • 34 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 09:55 AM

*Linds* did cocktal hour was complimentry or you paid for it.

thank you

#2988 vlvetter7

vlvetter7
                • 293 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 12:22 PM

I think one of the problems we have is that there is no contract with the resort for the actual wedding day festivities so there probably isn't anything much you can do to argue - legally anyhow. I'm not saying I wouldn't try but I'm just not sure how far you'll get...totally sucks though!

#2989 Staicy2000

Staicy2000
                  • 34 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 12:46 PM

vlvetter7 I just received an email from WC, she writes that all prices are subject to change without notice....

I got lower price list from Ael 4 months ago when we met with her when I was there on site visit. That means we dont have a warranty that they will increase them again.

Sorry, I am just expressing myself, So pissed.

#2990 Staicy2000

Staicy2000
                    • 34 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 12:48 PM

vlvetter7 ohh I just noticed that you live in Boston too. When is your wedding?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users