Photo

RIU RM Palace Brides??

• Please log in to reply
4120 replies to this topic

#2951 *Linds*

*Linds*
  • 5,776 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 02:39 PM

V- I can't remember how many guests you are having, but we did the semi-private reception at Chilis and we had an upstairs room all to ourselves and it was completely private from anyone else dining there. Not sure if that makes a difference for you or not, but just thought I'd throw that out there

Loving married life! <3

#2952 aalva416

aalva416
    • 58 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 05:56 PM

This is completely unfair!! It's so much more expensive now...

I have between 70 and 80 telling me they're going...

so if I want the private reception, it's 1600 just for food (at an all-inclusive resort mind you!), THEN 1200 on top for the DJ???

Then I have to get the sparkling wine for $15 pp?? That better be some good sparkling wine!!

Then $9 pp for open bar? Then $16 pp for hor d'hoerves?

This is way out of my budget now.... AHHH I think I'm going to have to start looking elsewhere. :-(

#2953 vlvetter7

vlvetter7
      • 293 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 04:40 AM

Linds - I think we'll also do the semi-private reception. My finance was really worried that people would think it was weird if we invited them all the way to Mexico and didn't do a "real wedding reception" but I think I've convinced him that it will be just fine!

#2954 vlvetter7

vlvetter7
        • 293 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 11:10 AM

Adrienne - are you not yet booked at the RPRM or are you thinking of looking for an offsite location in Playa del Carmen off the resort now?

Originally Posted by aalva416 

This is completely unfair!! It's so much more expensive now...

I have between 70 and 80 telling me they're going...

so if I want the private reception, it's 1600 just for food (at an all-inclusive resort mind you!), THEN 1200 on top for the DJ???

Then I have to get the sparkling wine for $15 pp?? That better be some good sparkling wine!!

Then $9 pp for open bar? Then $16 pp for hor d'hoerves?

This is way out of my budget now.... AHHH I think I'm going to have to start looking elsewhere. :-(

#2955 aalva416

aalva416
          • 58 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 04:44 PM

I am booked.. and just found out I have to stay with RIU.

Because I went through DestinationWeddings.com, we'll lose out on our $6,000 deposit for the 30 rooms if I cancel it. EEK

I guess I'm just going to have to cut down the budget MAJOR... no centerpieces or OOT bags or anything fun for me. :-(

Oh well, on the upside... it's less stress trying to figure out how to bring things down there!

#2956 dana

dana
            • 285 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 07:01 PM

aalva-I wouldn't worry about it yet. You'll have options of where you can cut costs.

#2957 *Linds*

*Linds*
              • 5,776 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 11:58 AM

Adrienne- why did all the prices change? Sorry, I'm sure this was mentioned before but I haven't had the opportunity to go back. Is it because you booked your wedding for 2011? Is it because of the # of guests?

Loving married life! <3

#2958 *Linds*

*Linds*
                • 5,776 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 11:59 AM

V- honestly, ours felt like a "real" wedding reception just no dancing after dinner....we had the mariachi band at our cocktail reception- I danced with Sam and my dad then. Are you planning to go the DJ route?

Loving married life! <3

#2959 dana

dana
                  • 285 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 12:02 PM

Lindsay, I am wondering the same thing.

Girls-

I'm going for my first dress fitting today. I can't wait!

#2960 JNagan2011

JNagan2011
                    • 451 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 03:24 PM

It sounds like my wedding will be a lot like yours... With these crazy prices, I am not going to do a private reception and dj. I've heard the semi-private feels private anyways (and my family is loud so we will outdue any table that tries to compete ;)) and we plan to do the mariachi band after the ceremony as well for the first dance and parent dances. Then we will just make our own fun. Like I said, our group will be pretty fun, loud and obnixous so we will create the party with wherever we end up. My mom keeps reminding me that destination weddings are not necessarily traditional so its okay if its not. We will just have a different, special kind of fun!

Dana- thats exciting you have your first fitting :) Hopefully the dress is what you remembered and loved :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users