• Please log in to reply
4120 replies to this topic

#2561 Nicyx

Nicyx
  • 2,914 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 05:37 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by vlvetter7
    CONGRATULATIONS Lindsey! Today is your big day!!! Hope it is perfect in every way.

Happy Wedding Day xox

#2562 LadyTrunck

LadyTrunck
    • 1,114 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 05:52 PM

Yay Sammysgirl!!!!!!!!!!! She is probably getting ready as we SPEAK!!!!! Congrats!

Staicy- thanks for the great review. What is the restaurant that has the pink pillows on the seats? Thanks!
      Married to my BEST FRIEND!
      July 7, 2010!!My Planning Thread: http://bestdestinati....ns-pics-60834/
      Non-Pro Pics:
      http://bestdestinati....ro-pics-61751/
      Trash the dress!:http://bestdestinati....a-dumas-61397/

#2563 Staicy2000

Staicy2000
      • 34 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 09:50 PM

LadyTrunck: the restaurant that has the pink pillows on the seats is the regular buffet were you can have breakfast, lunch and dinner. It is big and not available for private reception.

vlvetter7: answering your questions regarding topless women. I dont know about legal or not but I have been in Reviera Maya about 7 times in different resorts/times and every single time there were such cases ; ) Somehow ether you need to prepare your guys for this or surprise them ; ) and see how they will deal with that. Your wedding is in April, high season, a lot of people, more chances... And I never saw anybody totally nude.

#2564 Paige2010

Paige2010
        • 208 posts

Posted 16 May 2010 - 12:52 PM

Did any past brides ship their decorations/guest oot bags or did you bring everything to Mexico yourself? With Continentals bag fees Im starting to think It would probably be about the same price if it was safe and reliable to ship stuff. Also, anyone who did OOT bags, did you have the resort hand them out or just do it yourself as you saw guests? Thanks

#2565 Paige2010

Paige2010
          • 208 posts

Posted 16 May 2010 - 07:06 PM

I'm back- I am looking for the post that had a cute poem to attach to the maraccas and can't find it anywhere- I know it was t22800 but Im not sure how to search for that exact post...Does anyone know the poem or where I could find it?

#2566 samira26

samira26
            • 126 posts

Posted 16 May 2010 - 08:35 PM

Hi All!

I have been MIA for a while due to work!

Paige - There is a $2 fee if you want the hotel to deliver the bags to each guests in their room. What we are doing is asking the hotel to tell our guests to come see us at some point after they check in so we can hand them out.

Alos have a quick question for you where are you having your dinner and are you doing any brunch lunch with the guests the day after the wedding.

Vlvetter -People can be topless in the resorts its actually pretty normal from what I have seen from other mexican resorts that we have been to. My younger brother is 13 and my cousin is 12 so I am worried that they will be staring the whole weekend I told my 21 yr old brother to have little talk with them if they end up seeing topless women.

Time for me is flying by now, last few weeks I have done nothing wedding related as I have been swamped at work. thankfully the fiance is chipping in and doing most of the work now.
              Married June 5th 2010 at Riu Palace Riviera Maya

#2567 dana

dana
              • 285 posts

Posted 17 May 2010 - 01:42 PM

Paige-I wouldn't suggest shipping anything. There are threads on here about it and from what I know they get stuck in customs and you may never receive them.

#2568 vlvetter7

vlvetter7
                • 293 posts

Posted 17 May 2010 - 02:16 PM

Thanks for the info ladies. I think I am going to go with the surprise factor - no need to get them all riled up before hand!

Paige - I agree with Dana. I have also read several custom hold up stories - both on this site and other places too. Do you have any relatives that may be able to help transport the goodies? I think I am going to distribute mine between a few people to help with the baggage issues. But be careful for when you're importing items- there are some pretty strict laws about what you can bring, how much you can bring and invoices to go along with the items...basically to make sure you're not planning to sell the stuff in Mexico.

#2569 LadyTrunck

LadyTrunck
                  • 1,114 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 02:58 PM

Thanks Staicy!

Paige- I'm not sure which poem you're talking about, I'm either putting
                    1. Shake me for a kiss
                    2. Shake with all your might to see the bride and groom kiss tonight (need to see if it fits)

I know a lot of people put 'shake at the kiss' but we're not giving them at ceremony. We're waiting until dinner since we have such a long time in between.

How long on average did Ael take to contact everyone? I still havent been contacted and I'm getting a little worried!
                    Married to my BEST FRIEND!
                    July 7, 2010!!My Planning Thread: http://bestdestinati....ns-pics-60834/
                    Non-Pro Pics:
                    http://bestdestinati....ro-pics-61751/
                    Trash the dress!:http://bestdestinati....a-dumas-61397/

#2570 Paige2010

Paige2010
                    • 208 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 04:13 PM

Samira~ Thanks for the info on the $2 fee- This is the first I had heard of it! Do they still charge it even if the bags are just left by check in and handed out as guests arrive instead of delivered to the rooms? Id ask Ael but she has been sooo slow to get back to me lately & then someone named Pam (I think) finally responded to me last time.

We are doing dinner at Chilis @ 7, we have 60 people so I am so happy we got that time. We are not planning on a brunch the next day- we let everyone know we will be sticking around through lunch, but since we are doing a welcome dinner we want their complete free time to start after the wedding.

Thanks for info on shipping- I will just take everything down with us.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users