• Please log in to reply
4120 replies to this topic

#2521 Nicyx

Nicyx
  • 2,914 posts

Posted 05 May 2010 - 02:00 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by vlvetter7
    Nic - have you chosen your wedding date yet? I know you'll be there for 2 weeks but at what point over that time is your wedding? Beginning of your stay? Middle...?
    Ooo, Sorry, We have requested Friday 6th May so it will be on the friday hopefully of our first week :-)

#2522 dana

dana
    • 285 posts

Posted 05 May 2010 - 02:02 PM

Vlvetter- I found a really pretty dress at David's Bridal. It is short and cute with little cloth flowers and will be perfect for a legal ceremony. I still haven't taken a picture of it and I believe it's only in this catalog online. (Sorry I can't see it right now b/c my work blocks the site). The have a few others that were cute too.... If you find something you like from this collection let me know b/c I got a coupon for $20 off special occasion dresses (of course after I already spent full price).
      Dressed Up by David's Bridal

Dreams of sunshine-sorry for all your stress. Before you know it the big day will be here and it won't matter anymore! Families are a piece of work!

Sammysgirl-Wow that is a hugh AHR!

#2523 vlvetter7

vlvetter7
      • 293 posts

Posted 05 May 2010 - 02:54 PM

Dana - I'm not sure the link was for the dress you're talking about but the one that popped up is so cute. It's a short, strapless chiffon dress with beading at the top. I think it would be so cute for both the legal and for the resort (perhaps the welcome/rehearsal dinner) or even for the AHR! I am giong to go down tonight (I have a David's right down the street from me) to see it in person! Thanks for the idea. You ladies are seriously life savers.

#2524 Nicyx

Nicyx
        • 2,914 posts

Posted 05 May 2010 - 03:13 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by vlvetter7
          My ringbearer...my nephew Jackson. Let's hope in a year he will actually be able to pull off his job!

Click the image to open in full size.
          What an absolute cutie, he will be perfect :-) Im sure he will do a great job x

#2525 dana

dana
          • 285 posts

Posted 05 May 2010 - 03:46 PM

Vlvetter-pm me your home email and I will forward you the coupon just in case!

#2526 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
            • 11,659 posts
            • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 05 May 2010 - 05:07 PM

be sure to vote for your resort here: http://bestdestinati....mooning-58724/

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
            Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
            Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
            Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
            sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
            Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#2527 vlvetter7

vlvetter7
            • 293 posts

Posted 06 May 2010 - 10:15 AM

So the RPRM resort prices are finally up on the website (yes, I check EVERY day). They are quoting $638/night for next April! I'm sure glad I signed a group contract...our TA was able to get us a rate of $342! Phew...

#2528 *Linds*

*Linds*
              • 5,776 posts

Posted 06 May 2010 - 10:18 AM

V- I would keep your eye on the prices as you get closer. I think that is very similar to what we are paying, but ours may be just slightly lower. If the prices drop, for ex. on orbitz, etc. they should be able to adjust/match the rate for you.
                Loving married life! <3

#2529 dana

dana
                • 285 posts

Posted 06 May 2010 - 10:52 AM

V-I second that. We booked our trip in December so almost a year out and it was about $450 night/double occupancy. Last week the room rates went down to about $340 night/double occupancy. Make sure you travel agent has something in there that you can adjust prices as it gets closer.

#2530 vlvetter7

vlvetter7
                  • 293 posts

Posted 06 May 2010 - 10:52 AM

Thanks sammysgirl. Our TA also said they would do a price guarantee. It's funny - when I spoke to a representative at the Riu (when I was asking when 2011 rates would be out) in conversation they told me that the only reason prices came down so much this year was due to the economy and the swine flu scare and that they definitely will be higher for 2011. Now, this was a sales person telling me this so who knows how accurate it is- but regardless I still feel a bit better for putting so much money down - makes it a little more justified in my mind...

Ok so when do you leave Sammysgirl? Anything left to do?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users