Photo

RIU RM Palace Brides??

• Please log in to reply
4120 replies to this topic

#2471 *Linds*

*Linds*
  • 5,776 posts

Posted 03 May 2010 - 12:04 PM

I am at work and I am literally dying for 2 reasons....one I have a really important interview in an hour and 2 I WANT TO LEAVE FOR MEXICO NOW! This week is crazy busy with errands, work, etc! I can't believe it's literally a week away at this point!
    Loving married life! <3

#2472 LadyTrunck

LadyTrunck
    • 1,114 posts

Posted 03 May 2010 - 12:09 PM

AHH! BEST OF LUCK for your interview! and is it weird that my heart felt like it literally skipped a beat when I read that you have only a WEEK left before you leave!? I don't know how you are able to focus on anything in life right now! haha
      Married to my BEST FRIEND!
      July 7, 2010!!My Planning Thread: http://bestdestinati....ns-pics-60834/
      Non-Pro Pics:
      http://bestdestinati....ro-pics-61751/
      Trash the dress!:http://bestdestinati....a-dumas-61397/

#2473 *Linds*

*Linds*
      • 5,776 posts

Posted 03 May 2010 - 12:12 PM

I would be totally lying to you if I said I was focused on work right now....!!!
        Loving married life! <3

#2474 vlvetter7

vlvetter7
        • 293 posts

Posted 03 May 2010 - 02:03 PM

Sammysgirl (or anyone else that may know) - if you have a semi-private reception is there any way to have the DJ and dancing? For instance - if I only have 35 people (just throwing a number out there) and don't want to pay extra for the private dinner/reception, is there any way to have the DJ and dancing?

Thanks! So excited for you that your day is so close!!!

#2475 Nicyx

Nicyx
          • 2,914 posts

Posted 03 May 2010 - 02:08 PM

A quick question please i dont know if it changes whether your from the UK, the US or Canada etc but all i know is that we need a full birth certificate for the wedding which is fine as we have these but do we need to get it apostilled aswel. Nowhere have we been told this but i do keep coming across it now and again and m not sure if its just certain parts of mexico or everywhere? also do we need to get it translsted into spanish? i will double check with the TA tomorrow but just wondering if any one who has been married here know the answer?

sammysgirl hope the interview went ok? :-)

Thanks xoxo

#2476 vlvetter7

vlvetter7
            • 293 posts

Posted 03 May 2010 - 02:18 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by Nicyx
              A quick question please i dont know if it changes whether your from the UK, the US or Canada etc but all i know is that we need a full birth certificate for the wedding which is fine as we have these but do we need to get it apostilled aswel. Nowhere have we been told this but i do keep coming across it now and again and m not sure if its just certain parts of mexico or everywhere? also do we need to get it translsted into spanish? i will double check with the TA tomorrow but just wondering if any one who has been married here know the answer?

sammysgirl hope the interview went ok? :-)

Thanks xoxo
              Nicyx - according to the Riu weddnig fact page:

"NOTE: Europeans citizens getting legally married in the Dominican Republic, Costa Rica & Jamaica will need to get an Apostille."

Go the Riu wedding page (weddingsbyriu.com). Click on the FAQ link at the top of the page and there is a lot of detail there...I think this may be the link.

Wedding Packages by Destination. Honeymoon Holidays. Weddings by Riu

Hope this helps!

#2477 Nicyx

Nicyx
              • 2,914 posts

Posted 03 May 2010 - 02:31 PM

Thank you vlvetter7, I cant believe I missed this, weve been on there today getting other info... DOH!!! Sorry, i think im just having a panick moment, after reading another thread on here. Thanks again... i will go take a look now xox

Thanks again x

#2478 vlvetter7

vlvetter7
                • 293 posts

Posted 03 May 2010 - 02:54 PM

No worries Nicola! Glad I could help. There is so much info out there sometimes that it's hard to find exactly what's right in front of us!!!

#2479 vlvetter7

vlvetter7
                  • 293 posts

Posted 03 May 2010 - 03:31 PM

Sammysgirl - did you start your planning thread?

#2480 *Linds*

*Linds*
                    • 5,776 posts

Posted 03 May 2010 - 03:40 PM

I did start it. I am still working on it though! My goal is to have it posted next Monday before we leave!
                      Loving married life! <3

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users