Photo

RIU RM Palace Brides??

• Please log in to reply
4120 replies to this topic

#2431 *Linds*

*Linds*
  • 5,776 posts

Posted 25 April 2010 - 11:39 AM

Erin- THank you for the review! Did you just ask if the room upgrade was available at check in
    Loving married life! <3

#2432 JNagan2011

JNagan2011
    • 451 posts

Posted 25 April 2010 - 11:44 AM

THanks for the great review Erin! Your pictures are great!

#2433 edoherty

edoherty
      • 14 posts

Posted 25 April 2010 - 11:52 AM

We did... and they acted like they gave us one, but when we got to the room, it was the room we booked (Jr. Suite with Courtyard view). At the end of the day we didn't really care... but it would have been nice as some of our guests got upgrades when they arrived (by paying a bit extra). I wish we would have offered to pay more at check in.

#2434 Nicyx

Nicyx
        • 2,914 posts

Posted 25 April 2010 - 12:00 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by sammysgirl
          Erin- THank you for the review! Did you just ask if the room upgrade was available at check in
          Oooo, yes was it mentioned at all?

What a great review and what lovely pictures :-) Congratulations x x

Cant wait x

#2435 Nicyx

Nicyx
          • 2,914 posts

Posted 25 April 2010 - 12:02 PM

Whoops sorry posted after you had already replied x

#2436 Paige2010

Paige2010
            • 208 posts

Posted 25 April 2010 - 02:08 PM

Erin your pics look great! Thanks for sharing your experience! How did you get all of your guests to La Parilla?

#2437 edoherty

edoherty
              • 14 posts

Posted 25 April 2010 - 02:34 PM

Hi Paige,

We actually arranged it about two days before with the hotel. They gave us a taxi service number and we arranged for 5 vans to come pick up and bring back our guests. It cost us $300- but it was nice to know that our guests were going to be taken care of.

Oh! One other thing... Rob and I did do welcome bags for all our guests, but we only brought the bags, travel mugs, and some antibacterial soap (that we got really cheap from bath and body works). The rest we bought at the Walmart in town. We ended up getting 2 bottles of water, pringles, assortments of candy, sun chips, etc. for each bag and walked out of Walmart spending $97! It was such a cheaper option that shipping or even buying all that stuff in the US.

#2438 JNagan2011

JNagan2011
                • 451 posts

Posted 25 April 2010 - 03:41 PM

Oh good idea about getting some stuff at Walmart down there... I didn't even think of that; good to hear that their prices at the walmart down there are good too! :)

Ordered the BM dresses today (well 3 out of 6). Here is the link to it: After Six Bridesmaid Style 6556P: The Dessy Group

#2439 *Linds*

*Linds*
                  • 5,776 posts

Posted 25 April 2010 - 05:04 PM

So I'm starting to freak out a little bit because we are getting SO close!!!!! I feel like there are things I need to do that I am forgetting about because I did so much so early so I wouldn't be stressed out right now, but now I'm convincing myself that I've left something out.

On a good note I randomly decided to get S's ring engraved today and I had it engraved with "All my love, All my life"...it came out great!
                    Loving married life! <3

#2440 samira26

samira26
                    • 126 posts

Posted 25 April 2010 - 09:17 PM

Erin thanks for the greta review! looks like our weddingw ill be pretty similar size wise and the dinner place etc. I was hesitant about Boto Fogo because of the dance floor but looks like that wont be an issue.
                      Married June 5th 2010 at Riu Palace Riviera Maya

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users