Photo

RIU RM Palace Brides??

• Please log in to reply
4120 replies to this topic

#1921 jrb

jrb
  • 83 posts

Posted 24 February 2010 - 09:45 PM

ahhh, great info and a huge sigh of relief!! thanks for the info.

Yeah, I don't think bring our own rabbi is an issue as they are staying at the hotel anyways.

#1922 Paige2010

Paige2010
    • 208 posts

Posted 24 February 2010 - 10:04 PM

Congrats ShellK!! Glad to hear the weather gave you a break for the reception. The sky looks awesome though in the beach pic! Did that bouquet come with your wedding package or was it extra?

#1923 Paige2010

Paige2010
      • 208 posts

Posted 24 February 2010 - 10:10 PM

ShellK nevermind I somehow had missed your post about the flowers. Katie, Where did you end up ordering chair bows from?

#1924 KimmyG

KimmyG
        • 520 posts

Posted 25 February 2010 - 02:46 AM

Welcome back MRS Shellk!!!! Your pictures are beautiful! Despite the rain, the dramatic skyline is very sexy!

I'd like to hear about your meeting with the wedding coordinators: was it difficult to make your decisions on the spot?

Dinner: where did you guys eat? Recommendations?

Music when walking down the aisle. Recommendations?!

WELCOME HOME!!!

#1925 *Linds*

*Linds*
          • 5,776 posts

Posted 25 February 2010 - 10:08 AM

When making a hair appointment at the spa did you just call them directly?
            Loving married life! <3

#1926 jetsbride

jetsbride
            • 794 posts

Posted 25 February 2010 - 11:27 AM

Kimmy G
              I walked down the ailse to Canon in D and after the ceremony Better Together by Jack Johnson was playing. Ael has a good selection of songs to pick from if you do not want to bring your own music.

As for Food, here's my thoughts...
              Here’s my thoughts on the restaurants…

Chili’s – Steak House – Favorite!!!

The sea and land (lobster and steak) was delicious!!! I always got 2 lobster tails! I like my steak med-rare and it was cooked perfectly every time!!

The baked Alaska desert is also delicious here and I am not a desert person. It is ice cream covered in meringue. The staff will light it on fire too, it’s really cool.

Miguel was our server every time and he was fabulous!!!

Krystal – Fusion

The pumpkin soup was amazing!!!
              We had the beef and the salmon here and both were excellent.

Agave – Mexican

I loved the chicken fajitas but the appetizer is a buffet so careful because most of the time I was to full for my main course!!

Botafogo – Brazilian

I was not a big fan of this restaurant, I think the meat could have been cooked better. The turkey was dry and all the meat also needed spices.

Yashima – Japanese

I had the salmon, it was alright. Doug loved the sushi tray!! I am not a big sushi fan.

The main buffet was also very delicious!!! The ribs were amazing. My fav. thing at breakfast is the omelet station..yummy. We also made BLT’s for breakfast which were really yummy. The guacamole and Pico de galo were so fresh and so delicious!!! The pizza and pasta at the lunch buffet by the pool was good too. Oh and the pasta station in the main buffet…awesome!!!! I am getting hungry!!

Room service was excellent, we had pretty much everything on the room service menu, my fav was the chicken toastadas.

Late at night when you are hungry the sports bar has awesome sandwiches, which Doug had pretty much every night!

My fav. drinks were, pina coladas, Miami vice, champagne, mimosas, chocolate martinis and rum punch!!! The cappuccinos there are good too.

Sammysgirl - When Ael contacts you she will give you a link to make spa reservations.

#1927 *Linds*

*Linds*
              • 5,776 posts

Posted 25 February 2010 - 11:28 AM

Thanks Lisa!
                Loving married life! <3

#1928 JOSIE

JOSIE
                • 1,792 posts

Posted 25 February 2010 - 11:37 AM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by KimmyG
                  Welcome back MRS Shellk!!!! Your pictures are beautiful! Despite the rain, the dramatic skyline is very sexy!

I'd like to hear about your meeting with the wedding coordinators: was it difficult to make your decisions on the spot?

Dinner: where did you guys eat? Recommendations?

Music when walking down the aisle. Recommendations?!

WELCOME HOME!!!
                  I walked down the aisle to Jonathan Cain's version of bridal march.... its so different and beautiful!
                  When making a hair appointment at the spa did you just call them directly?
                  I did everything online. Theres a spa reservation form online for brides and members of the bridal party. They will send you an email back checking for openings and you have to respond "CONFIRM" of they won't hold your spots!

#1929 *Linds*

*Linds*
                  • 5,776 posts

Posted 25 February 2010 - 11:48 AM

I wasn't going to get my hair done but I think I probably should or I'll stress out about it and have a meltdown when it looks like shyt lol!
                    Loving married life! <3

#1930 JOSIE

JOSIE
                    • 1,792 posts

Posted 25 February 2010 - 11:52 AM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by sammysgirl
                      I wasn't going to get my hair done but I think I probably should or I'll stress out about it and have a meltdown when it looks like shyt lol!
                      I had a trial here, so I knew what I wanted. But warning, when I went to Mexico they were able to pretty closely match the style, but they literally LOADED my hair with hairspray...excessive amounts. They don't speak very good english and were just talking about how the weather is different there and thats why they have to spray so much. LOL.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users