Photo

RIU RM Palace Brides??

• Please log in to reply
4120 replies to this topic

#1661 *Linds*

*Linds*
  • 5,776 posts

Posted 29 December 2009 - 11:42 AM

Shellk- its awesome that you have so much done! Are you doing OOT bags? Are you taking decor (centerpieces, place cards, etc) down with you?
    Loving married life! <3

#1662 shellk

shellk
    • 1,784 posts

Posted 29 December 2009 - 12:02 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by sammysgirl
      Shellk- its awesome that you have so much done! Are you doing OOT bags? Are you taking decor (centerpieces, place cards, etc) down with you?
      no we dont need anything like that cause there is only 4 of us going.simple is the word to use i think.

#1663 *Linds*

*Linds*
      • 5,776 posts

Posted 29 December 2009 - 12:38 PM

We will prob have a group of 20-ish and I really don't plan to take a bunch of decor down with me. That was the whole reason of doing the destination for me. The destination itself is the decor... we will see how it goes!
        Loving married life! <3

#1664 angelmed04

angelmed04
        • 6 posts

Posted 29 December 2009 - 04:32 PM

Hi Girls! I spent the day yesterday (at work) reading this thread because I fell in love with The Riu Palace Riviera Maya when I saw the pictures! My friend has been to the one in Ocho Rios and she had great things to say but I didn't know anything about this one! After reading hundreds of posts from you all I've decided that this is the place for me! I want to call the wedding coordinator but I'm trying to nail down a date! Do any of you know when I'd least likely get rained on? June or July? I can deal with heat, but really dont want to get rained on! I appreciate any advice... And congrats to all of you who have just been married, and I can't wait for those of you to come:)

#1665 *Linds*

*Linds*
          • 5,776 posts

Posted 29 December 2009 - 04:40 PM

welcome Angelmed!
            Loving married life! <3

#1666 laurenvuitton

laurenvuitton
            • 283 posts

Posted 30 December 2009 - 12:08 AM

Hi Ladies!!! We really want to get married at the RIU, thanks for all your postings on here, I tried to get through as many as I could :) Question: what did you use to book your wedding and suggest your guest go through. We have been attempting to go through destinationwedding.com, but the prices they are giving us are much more than what we are seeing on orbitz, etc. PLEASE let me know what you guys did, I cant handle much more of this stress and want to get something booked! LOL

#1667 shellk

shellk
              • 1,784 posts

Posted 30 December 2009 - 07:16 AM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by angelmed04
                Hi Girls! I spent the day yesterday (at work) reading this thread because I fell in love with The Riu Palace Riviera Maya when I saw the pictures! My friend has been to the one in Ocho Rios and she had great things to say but I didn't know anything about this one! After reading hundreds of posts from you all I've decided that this is the place for me! I want to call the wedding coordinator but I'm trying to nail down a date! Do any of you know when I'd least likely get rained on? June or July? I can deal with heat, but really dont want to get rained on! I appreciate any advice... And congrats to all of you who have just been married, and I can't wait for those of you to come:)
                hi,
                we travel there in 5weeks yikes.the dry months are jan,feb,march,nov,dec.good luck.happy planning.let us know if you have any other questions.

#1668 shellk

shellk
                • 1,784 posts

Posted 30 December 2009 - 07:27 AM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by laurenvuitton
                  Hi Ladies!!! We really want to get married at the RIU, thanks for all your postings on here, I tried to get through as many as I could :) Question: what did you use to book your wedding and suggest your guest go through. We have been attempting to go through destinationwedding.com, but the prices they are giving us are much more than what we are seeing on orbitz, etc. PLEASE let me know what you guys did, I cant handle much more of this stress and want to get something booked! LOL
                  hi,we booked through a travel agent and i think that would be the best route for you to go down if you have alot of people travelling with you cause then the guests can book on their own accord and you will be able to leave them to it.maybe lisa and josie will be able to give you some other options because they both had huge weddings.

you must remember to chillax and have fun.good luck

#1669 *Linds*

*Linds*
                  • 5,776 posts

Posted 30 December 2009 - 10:06 AM

Lauren- I was using destinationweddings.com as well. In our case the TA we were workign with through that site can't seemto get us any sort of deal. The best thing she was able to do for us was help us narrow down our resort options. Our guests will all be booking on their own or through a local travel agent.
                    Loving married life! <3

#1670 KLaBate54

KLaBate54
                    • 438 posts

Posted 30 December 2009 - 12:14 PM

Hi Ladies! Sorry I've been MIA...I've missed SO much! We've been in the process of moving into our hourse and haven't been able to get our internet hooked up yet...so annoying...but hopefully soon!

Shelk- It's getting close for you! It sounds like you have everything under control though! What day are you leaving on?

Susan- Thank you for posting your review of Josie's wedding! The pictures are gorgeous!

Welcome to everyone new to the thread! You've definitely picked a great place for your DW!

I also hope everyone had a great holiday...and Happy New Year early in case I don't get a chance to come back before then! :)
                      *Katie*

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users