Photo

RIU RM Palace Brides??

• Please log in to reply
4120 replies to this topic

#1141 jetsbride

jetsbride
  • 794 posts

Posted 03 September 2009 - 04:50 PM

Yay, this is super exciting Josie!!! I didn't think we would get anything this soon!

#1142 Paige2010

Paige2010
    • 208 posts

Posted 03 September 2009 - 07:14 PM

I'm so excited you girls have already heard from the WC!! This should make it all seem real and right around the corner! Would either of you mind fowarding me the info as well? (pachumley@hotmail.com) I am most concerned with the photographer- as I still hope to bring in an outside vendor. It looks like from that email if you have over 50 people you dont have to pay for the dinner to be private-is that right? Do yall know which restaurant you are going to choose??

Kimmy- Im so sorry to hear about your BM's! Try not to let it put a damper on your excitement. Maybe they will change their minds- but either way the most important people will be there!

#1143 Paige2010

Paige2010
      • 208 posts

Posted 03 September 2009 - 07:19 PM

Lorie~ you should check out the Riu blog- the link is somewhere on this forum- I cant find it or I would post it here- But it has lost of great info

#1144 lors03

lors03
        • 19 posts

Posted 03 September 2009 - 07:45 PM

Paige - Thank you! I saw it in the past pages of this post! It has a ton of info, you're right. Very helpful. I can't get too set on anything, as it will probably be 2 years until I get married and who knows what might change before then!

#1145 jetsbride

jetsbride
          • 794 posts

Posted 03 September 2009 - 08:04 PM

Paige2010 - I sent you the email with all the info!

This is what the FAQ sheet says about private receptions
            Private Reception Dinners can only be offered at the RIU Palace Mexico or RIU Palace Riviera Maya during the 2nd sitting 8:30 pm or 9pm, for groups over 50 people. These have an additional cost and need to be booked in advance.

I am going to check though because we have over 50 people coming so I will keep you posted.

#1146 KLaBate54

KLaBate54
            • 438 posts

Posted 03 September 2009 - 10:06 PM

Josie & Lisa- That is SO EXCITING that you finally got contacted by the WC's! Your wedding days will be here before you know it! Where are both of you planning on having your reception?

Kimmy- I'm sorry to hear about your BM's backing out. I can definitely understand why you'd be extremely pissed off, because I would be too! Over a year and a half is way more than enough time to plan for it!
              *Katie*

#1147 KLaBate54

KLaBate54
              • 438 posts

Posted 03 September 2009 - 10:06 PM

Sorry, double post!
                *Katie*

#1148 JOSIE

JOSIE
                • 1,792 posts

Posted 04 September 2009 - 12:37 PM

Hi Girls :)

I emailed the WC back with a bunch of questions! I thought that if you had over 50 you HAD to have Chilis, so I wanted to double check on that. I havent decided which place to have the private dinner, etc yet...i think it depends on whether or not we want air conditioning? So......no clue!

Kimmy- I'm sorry for what you're going through, I can totally relate. We went through something similar with our groomsmen. Don't worry, as time passes you tend to care less and less!

#1149 jetsbride

jetsbride
                  • 794 posts

Posted 04 September 2009 - 01:01 PM

I haven't decided on where to have the dinner either. I have to figure out first if we have to have it at one or the other for a private reception with over 50 people.

I also emailed a bunch of questions so I will let you ladies know when I get a response.

Josie - are you getting a cake topper at all?

#1150 JOSIE

JOSIE
                    • 1,792 posts

Posted 04 September 2009 - 01:13 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by jetsbride
                      I haven't decided on where to have the dinner either. I have to figure out first if we have to have it at one or the other for a private reception with over 50 people.

I also emailed a bunch of questions so I will let you ladies know when I get a response.

Josie - are you getting a cake topper at all?
                      I just got an email back from Ael. She said that BogoFoto holds 60 max, anything over has to be chilis. I think we'll have somewhere in between 50 and 60 so now i've gotta really think about where i want it!

I am getting a cake topper......one of my friends is buying this for me as a bridal shower present. We found it together and she knows how much I like it:
                      Click the image to open in full size.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users