Posted 20 August 2009 - 10:16 AM

PS: Katie- I love your shoes :)

#1052 JOSIE

JOSIE
    • 1,792 posts

Posted 20 August 2009 - 10:21 AM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by MrsMarch4
      Happy Monday Ladies. I was a BM in a friend's wedding this past weekend & it got me so excited about my own wedding!! I have a few questions for you:
      1) I am thinking about having RSVP's due 2 months before my date. Do you think this is enough time?

2) After dinner, are you having a receptin w/ dancing?

Thanks!
      Alexis
      I
      I'm so late at responding to this but here you go! Our RSVP's are due by Oct. 1st and our wedding is Nov 28. We cut it close because we figured some people would be booking at the last minute anyway, so might as well not rush them....we also wanted people to have enough time to change their mind/save up after receiving the formal invite (which I just sent last week).

We're having a private reception at RIU and we're paying extra for the DJ so we can have dancing.......very excited about that!

#1053 KLaBate54

KLaBate54
      • 438 posts

Posted 20 August 2009 - 03:27 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by JOSIE
        PS: Katie- I love your shoes :)
        Thanks Josie! I also LOVE the garter idea...that's so cute and I'm sure Jason would love it!
        *Katie*

#1054 fallendragonfly

fallendragonfly
        • 10 posts

Posted 20 August 2009 - 06:09 PM

I have recently just married at the RIU Riveria, If anyone has questions please ask me. I have tons to tell, the do's and don'ts.

#1055 fallendragonfly

fallendragonfly
          • 10 posts

Posted 20 August 2009 - 06:11 PM

Does anyone know what to do after your get married in Mexico? What is the legal process?

#1056 Paige2010

Paige2010
            • 208 posts

Posted 20 August 2009 - 11:00 PM

Josie- are you giving the DJ a song list to play, and are you having a traditional first dance and father daughter? I remember reading somewhere that we could bring an ipod and bose system, or rent their equip- is that an option?

Also wondering- are most of yall bringing your own centerpieces and decorations for the dinner/reception?

#1057 shellk

shellk
              • 1,784 posts

Posted 21 August 2009 - 03:43 AM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by fallendragonfly
                I have recently just married at the RIU Riveria, If anyone has questions please ask me. I have tons to tell, the do's and don'ts.
                hi,
                have you only just found the site?how have you escaped us.please tell us your do,s+dont,s what was your highlight.

congratulations.

did you have a legal ceremony?if so you just need to get your marriage certificate translated.if not i think you have to register your wedding in your home town.

#1058 jetsbride

jetsbride
                • 794 posts

Posted 21 August 2009 - 09:15 AM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by fallendragonfly
                  Does anyone know what to do after your get married in Mexico? What is the legal process?

Maybe check out these links as to what to do now. It seems like you will just have to have your documents from Mexico translated to English.

http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t45797

In this link back
                  http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t47223
                  it says:
                  In order to have a legal wedding in Mexico, you'll need to be there 3 days before your wedding, have a blood test done and have at least 4 people to witness your wedding (usually not a problem) Also depending on your state law, you may be required to have your marriage license certified and translated into English. It sounds like a lot, but I did a legal wedding and IMO It was worth it.

A lot of people will get married either before or after their dw in their home town, it makes the legalities much more simple.

#1059 jetsbride

jetsbride
                  • 794 posts

Posted 21 August 2009 - 09:17 AM

Fallendragonfly - anything you can share with us about the do's and don't of your rprm wedding would be awesome! We also loooove pictures!!!

#1060 JOSIE

JOSIE
                    • 1,792 posts

Posted 21 August 2009 - 11:42 AM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by Paige2010
                      Josie- are you giving the DJ a song list to play, and are you having a traditional first dance and father daughter? I remember reading somewhere that we could bring an ipod and bose system, or rent their equip- is that an option?

Also wondering- are most of yall bringing your own centerpieces and decorations for the dinner/reception?
                      Paige - I have no idea how the DJ works, YET. I'm supposed to be contacted next month to start communicating with the DW Planner at the RIU and I'm so excited. I promise to fill you in on all the details.

I do know that I am definitely doing a traditional first dance and a father daughter dance. I'm HOPING I get to provide a song list too, and if I don't then I might consider the BOSE option.

From what I've read, you can bring your IPOD and use the speaker/sound system set up but you still have to pay the same price as the DJ ($1700) to use the "equipment". So I figured might as well just do the DJ.

I think from the sounds of it the DJ is outsourced and must be contracted to work with different resorts. I could be wrong on that but I think I remember reading it somewhere.

Will keep you posted as soon as I know more!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users