Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Originally Posted by Shay4966 View Post

 

Hi Elissae -

 

I am having a private reception at Botafogo, but now i'm on the fence on having there verse Chilis.  Did you see Botafogo? How big was it? I have 51 guest including photographer, and we are using the dj. is the place big enough?

 

Thanks in advance!

Hey Shay!  I cannot believe how the time has flown and now it's your turn!  HOORAY!

 

Yes, I have seen and eaten in Botafogo.  I think it is a matter of preference.  Outside verses inside...(Air conditioning verses ocean breeze).  Me, I chose Chili's because of the ocean breeze....and it's proximity to the beach. Also, we had 65 people and I felt there was more room to move there.  We had the resort DJ (BEATMEN, DJ -HE ROCKED!)  and we had plenty of room.  Erika will be sweet enough to take you to both places and explain the set up.  

 

I am uncertain of the menu at Botafogo for weddings.  Do they do their Brazilian Menu?  At Chili's we ate off their menu and it was delicious!  Botafogo is a little salty for my taste.  Again, a matter of preference.

 

Definitelty preview both venues.

 

So excited for you!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey ladies! I just checked out Botafogo and Chilis on google, and was wondering how you would set up the dancefloor for a reception at these places?? I'd love the idea of outside, is there a patio at Chilis then?

 

Any pics would be great to see, I'll keep roaming the forum for more info perhaps :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi ladies,

 

I also booked the Caprice package but after I crunched the numbers and got a better idea of how may people are coming, it makes a lot more sense for me to book the Royal instead and pay the extra per person fee over 20 people.  I don't think the extra's in the caprice package are work the extra $100,0 unless like you said, you have enough people that it makes sense for you.  I plan on getting my nails done before I leave, my sister in law is a hair stylist and the breakfast in bed the day after is free no matter what so I don't see it as a perk work that much extra dough!

 

I also plan on the mezzanine at Chillis.  And from everything I've heard you are correct, I believe they will section off an area for you for a welcome dinner for free.  I think they will even decorate a little for you as well!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi All,

 

I am new to this site and have just booked my wedding at the Riu RM. My wedding is ages away 16th August 2014, though want to start planning as soon as possible. I have not had my date confirmed so currently have no idea about options open to me. 

 

9 people have booked so far, though I expect around 20 ish. I have looked at photographers, and really like delsol photography. Has anyone else used them? 

 

Anyway it is great to find a forum, with lots of people to share and ask advice.

 

Thanks

 

Sam

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

HI There,

 

I, too, am new to this site and will be getting married at the Riu Palace Riviera Maya in Playa del Carmen on November 9, 2013 at 5pm in the Gazebo!! 

 

Erika and I have emailed back and forth a few times regarding some of the details but nothing set in stone.  We are set for a Welcome Dinner in one of the Buffets the evening before the wedding and are leaning toward having our cocktail hour at the lyrico bar and the reception at Chili's Steakhouse.  We currently have ~60 guests who have put their deposit in and we are expecting ~15 more before it's all said and done which means it will be a private reception. 

 

I'm wondering what kind of seating charts and reception details I should be thinking about?  Do they offer round tables or square/rectangle?  Should I plan to have escort cards and table placecards?  Just not sure how much I even want to get into all of this...any suggestions/experiences would be very helpful!

 

Oh my goodness, it has been an exciting process so far and I just know the next 6 months with fly by.  Just wanted to get connected with some of the other brides out there to share experiences and ideas.

 

Hope to hear from you all soon!

~Shannon Striednig

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

 

Originally Posted by MrsShoreytobe View Post

Hey ladies! I just checked out Botafogo and Chilis on google, and was wondering how you would set up the dancefloor for a reception at these places?? I'd love the idea of outside, is there a patio at Chilis then?

 

Any pics would be great to see, I'll keep roaming the forum for more info perhaps :)

Hi MrsShoreytobe!  I am unsure how Botafogo would set up their dance floor/space, however with Chili's, Erika had given me 2 options.  I chose to have our dance area parallel to the beach as oppose to the left of the salad/fruit bars in the restaurant.

 

Here are some pics....

 

Here is Bill & I entering Chili's                                            

400    

 

Here we are passing the first salad/fruit bar station. Our dance floor was straight ahead of us in this picture (parallel to the beach).  The other dance floor option was to have it behind us in this pic.

400

 

 

I had our head table be just for the 2 of us.  It was in front of us here in this photo.  It was in one corner of restaurant. 

They have rectangle tables in Chili's that hold up to 10 people per table.  I had 7 tables.  So there was Table 7 which was the table in the picture above (my friend Kelly in the purple dress is there).  As soon as we passed her, we took a hard right and headed toward our head table. 

 

The pic below was tables 3, 4, 5 & 6 (2 tables to the left of us in this photo and 2 tables to the right of us).

 

 

400     

 

Our head table

400

 

Our cake table was to the left of our table

400

 

Further to the left of the cake table were 2 tables (1 & 2) for family.  I do not have a picture to capture (sorry!)

 

 

The dance floor- the DJ has his back to the beach

400

 

Anoter picture of the dance floor - a great breeze came through...the bar was set up just in front of me here in the picture below.

 

400

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by Jez111213 View Post

 

Hi ladies,

 

I also booked the Caprice package but after I crunched the numbers and got a better idea of how may people are coming, it makes a lot more sense for me to book the Royal instead and pay the extra per person fee over 20 people.  I don't think the extra's in the caprice package are work the extra $100,0 unless like you said, you have enough people that it makes sense for you.  I plan on getting my nails done before I leave, my sister in law is a hair stylist and the breakfast in bed the day after is free no matter what so I don't see it as a perk work that much extra dough!

 

I also plan on the mezzanine at Chillis.  And from everything I've heard you are correct, I believe they will section off an area for you for a welcome dinner for free.  I think they will even decorate a little for you as well!

Jez1111213 - your rreasoning is correct on the Royal verses the Caprice Package.  The extra's really aren't worth it if you are not using the Renova Spa.

 

I think the Mezzanine at Chili's is a great spot!  And yes, they will section off an area for you for a welcome dinner (part of your package).  I know this to be true for the Don Manolo.  If you chose to have it at one of the Specialty Restaurants I believe you should let Erika know wekll in advance & make sure you get it confirmed in writing.

 

They do decorate the tables with flowers, etc.  I even gave them some decor to use for ours.  The B <3 E letters I had found at Michael's.

 

We had it at the Don Manolo.  Here's a few pictures.

 

* 

 

 

*

 

We had 3 rows of long tables in front of our table beautifully decorated for our group.  The service was AMAZING!

 

*

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by sammyclicks View Post

 

Hi All,

 

I am new to this site and have just booked my wedding at the Riu RM. My wedding is ages away 16th August 2014, though want to start planning as soon as possible. I have not had my date confirmed so currently have no idea about options open to me. 

 

9 people have booked so far, though I expect around 20 ish. I have looked at photographers, and really like delsol photography. Has anyone else used them? 

 

Anyway it is great to find a forum, with lots of people to share and ask advice.

 

Thanks

 

Sam

Welcome to the Forum sammyclicks!    welcome.gif

Good for you starting your planning process early!  You will perfect everything!!!  

 

Del Sol Photography is amazing.  I believe Shay4966 used them - she just recently got married (on May 11th) so I am sure she will have a lot to share with you.  I used the resort photographer, Sergio at Adventure Photos.  They were great.

 

Best of luck to you & happy planning!  xoxo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by slstriednig View Post

 

HI There,

 

I, too, am new to this site and will be getting married at the Riu Palace Riviera Maya in Playa del Carmen on November 9, 2013 at 5pm in the Gazebo!! 

 

Erika and I have emailed back and forth a few times regarding some of the details but nothing set in stone.  We are set for a Welcome Dinner in one of the Buffets the evening before the wedding and are leaning toward having our cocktail hour at the lyrico bar and the reception at Chili's Steakhouse.  We currently have ~60 guests who have put their deposit in and we are expecting ~15 more before it's all said and done which means it will be a private reception. 

 

I'm wondering what kind of seating charts and reception details I should be thinking about?  Do they offer round tables or square/rectangle?  Should I plan to have escort cards and table placecards?  Just not sure how much I even want to get into all of this...any suggestions/experiences would be very helpful!

 

Oh my goodness, it has been an exciting process so far and I just know the next 6 months with fly by.  Just wanted to get connected with some of the other brides out there to share experiences and ideas.

 

Hope to hear from you all soon!

~Shannon Striednig

Hi Shannon!  Congrats on choosing the RPRM!  You made a GREAT choice!  Erika is amazing to work with.  She is a sweetheart.  Here is a picture of her so you can get a face with a name.  She is on the left in the white blouse.

 

700

 

We had 65 guests and we did the same scenario.  We were married this past April.  We had a 4pm civil ceremony, cocktails are Lirico & reception at Chili's.  I would just ask Erika about sunsets in the fall.  I know it gets darker earlier in the fall so just make sure you will have plenty of sunlight after your 5PM ceremony for beach pictures (if that is what you are planning).  The cermony usually takes about 20 minutes or so.

 

At Chili's they offered rectangle tables that seat 10 people.  I was not going to do escort cards / assigned seating at first until I went to a wedding that did not have it and it was a nightmare saving a spot at a table.  Since I had a bad experience with that, I had escort cards to make it simpler on our guests as oppose to making it a free for all.  Erika set up a rectangle table right when you entered Chili's with our Guest Book & our escort cards which held our maraca favors.  Here is a picture of ours:

 

700 

 

 

700

 

Six months will FLY BY so you are doing good here with your planning.  How exciting.  I wish I could do it all over again!!  Best of luck!

 

Elissa xoxo

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×