Maggie - your wedding is right around the corner! yay! Ariadna has been good about responding, but in truth she does not answer questions to their full potential. Its a bit stressful. I didn't know we could have the reception on the beach & this is what I thought I'd wanted, so maybe i'll inquire about that. I just really hope once we all get down there as brides things will come together!

Adriadna has been good with information up until this evening.  UGH!

I sent a response tonight letting her know I am starting to get concerned (along with some other brides).  I put Paola on copy.  Hopefully things will get better, for all of us!!!

Originally Posted by elissae View Post

Adriadna has been good with information up until this evening.  UGH!

I sent a response tonight letting her know I am starting to get concerned (along with some other brides).  I put Paola on copy.  Hopefully things will get better, for all of us!!!

I truly hope things get better! I don't really know where to begin on my planning process, and it hasn't been going so smoothly! Its hard to make a timeline when the questions I ask don't get answered!

Hi RIU Palace Brides!

I am new to this thread and I was hoping someone might be able to get me a better idea in terms of pricing. We have been searching non stop for a resort that suits our needs and stays within our budget. It has been really discouraging this far and we have researched so many different resorts and then I came back to the RIU Palace and now I am wondering why we haven't inquired about it?!

Has anyone stayed at this resort? Or gotten married at this resort that could give me some tips? Anything you would change? What location did you choose to get married at? If you chose to get married right on the beach how private was your experience and were there a lot of people from the resort watching walking the beach during the ceremony?

We initially were planning to marry in January 2014 thinking that we would allow our guests a lot of notice and time to plan financially and it would break up the cold winter season. But, as it turns out when booking early you still have to pay the full pricing within so many months so it makes no difference if we were to get married say November / December. 2014 pricing hasn't really become available yet either in terms of wedding packages etc. So we are now thinking along the lines of December.

I was really hoping you ladies might be able to help us get the ball rolling and give an idea in terms of pricing most of us will be flying out of Toronto or Ottawa if it is an option and a better price. Plus most of our other guests will be flying out of Regina, Saskatchewan which we just learned will cost $200-$300 extra per person...

When we choose a wedding package do we have to pay for it up front? Do we pay for it once we get to the resort? Or make payments over time? Oh boy I am soooo new to this.

If emailing pricing is easier please email me at decker.wedding@hotmail.com

Thank you for your time!!

Hello RIU RM brides,

I know the planning process can be a bit stressful but know that you are in good hands!!! Most onsite wc's pick up all conversations around 1 - 2 months prior to your big day and that's when everything starts coming to life beautifully :)

While you wait for your day to approach, continue to follow these threads and gather pics and ideas to show your wc. If you show them a pic of your favorite cake or bouquet, I'm sure they'll do their best to recreate for you or offer something similar.

In the meantime, check out these wonderful pics of our most recent wedding there:

Emily and Ryan got a bit creative with their schedule and locations:

Ceremony at 3:00PM, beach area in front of the Chili's Restaurant for more privacy

Semi Private Cocktails at 4:30PM in the Lobby Bar. Great time to chill with friends and family and have a good drink before dinner.

Reception at 7:00 PM in the Mezzannine Terrace of the Chili's. Perfect for intimate wedding parties.

Guests: 25

Wedding coordinator by the wonderful Paola Madin

Photos by Juan Jose from del Sol: http://delsolphotography.com/blog/content/galleries/?gal=867

Hope this info helps and please let me know if you have any questions.

Best wishes,